Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue January 16th, 2018, 17:24 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue December 26th, 2017, 13:07 GMT 

It's has something to say and its execution if flawless.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/13/c6 ... 13fa3e.jpg

PostPosted: Tue December 26th, 2017, 15:01 GMT 

WOW. Thanks for the link, Nick! I'd say the guy nailed it. This is SO holy-trilogy-Bob.

PostPosted: Tue December 26th, 2017, 16:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Looks uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Thu December 28th, 2017, 03:47 GMT 

stop drop and roll

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 04:18 GMT 

back and to the left...

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 09:31 GMT 

I do not like the painting. Burn it.

My first impression without fully realizing what I was looking at was disgust. I said to myself Oh my god what is wrong with this guys head, did he get his brain blown out? Is that bloo--Oh his hair is on fire. Is that supposed to be a morbid Bob Dylan? Then I thought hmm. I wonder if the author is mocking Bob Dylan looking like Michael Jackson during the I drink PepsiCola campaign--The commercial where all the bright lights caused MJ's hair to spontaneously burst into flames.

After his scalp healed, MJ wore wigs until his death, much like Bob has done for the last 30 years cause hes bald.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 15:55 GMT 

Nick Castle wrote:

Mind on fire...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 20:36 GMT 

something is burning, baby
are you aware?
something is the matter, baby
there’s smoke in your hair

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 06:32 GMT 

Another Krugerr picture:

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 11:45 GMT 

Nick Castle wrote:

What exactly does it have to say?

If I'm honest, paintings of holy trilogy Bob are the most cringeworthy of all. They remind me of grandmother's bathroom and late night diners littered with the likes of Dean and Elvis.

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 12:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

dylanswife wrote:

After his scalp healed, MJ wore wigs until his death, much like Bob has done for the last 30 years cause hes bald.

I think it sucks too.

Bob Dylan has been bald for 30 years???? First time I've heard that and seems highly unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 14:00 GMT 

chrome horse wrote:
dylanswife wrote:

I think it sucks too.

Bob Dylan has been bald for 30 years???? First time I've heard that and seems highly unlikely.
The Tony Bennett Tribute, Bob's wearing an obvious wig. May 2009 Rolling Stone cover is a wig or extensions/plugs in the front. MusicCares is a wig (perhaps same wig as the TB Tribute). The 60 minutes interview also shows Bob's use of a wig or hair extensions. You can see an obvious unnatural curl coming down on the middle of his forehead that is darker in color than the rest.

In the late 1980s, I saw an article that claimed Bob had plugs installed somewhere in California. I never thought anything of it, but now I believe there's some truth to Bob getting plugs. It likely bought him several years before it became exceedingly worse, at which point he appears to have switched to wigs. Taking that into account, I suppose only the last 20 or so would be considered the wig years and not 30.

In some of the early photos of the 1960s, you can see what looks like a receded or very high hairline on Bob. Just his natural look and didn't appear to change or recede until the late 1980s. He's still got a lot of hair, but it appears to be much less in the front.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 14:17 GMT 

Some of you are wondering what Mr. Krugerr's painting, titled "It's alright, Ma (I'm only burning)," says.

The framework of art can be broken down into five fundamental units of meaning: the enigma code; the connotative code, the action code, the symbolic code and the cultural code. (There is also a sixth, but people don't talk about that one.)

This painting speaks libraries about Dylan, 1960s counter-culture, and the god-consciousness of boundless creativity that carries within itself the seed of its own destruction.

You can decipher what, among other things, Krugerr's painting of Elvis says about the King's transgressions against the sexual mores of 1950s US culture.

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 14:28 GMT 

like this other musician

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 15:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

dylanswife wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

I think it sucks too.

The Tony Bennett Tribute, Bob's wearing an obvious wig. May 2009 Rolling Stone cover is a wig or extensions/plugs in the front. MusicCares is a wig (perhaps same wig as the TB Tribute). The 60 minutes interview also shows Bob's use of a wig or hair extensions. You can see an obvious unnatural curl coming down on the middle of his forehead that is darker in color than the rest.

In the late 1980s, I saw an article that claimed Bob had plugs installed somewhere in California. I never thought anything of it, but now I believe there's some truth to Bob getting plugs. It likely bought him several years before it became exceedingly worse, at which point he appears to have switched to wigs. Taking that into account, I suppose only the last 20 or so would be considered the wig years and not 30.

In some of the early photos of the 1960s, you can see what looks like a receded or very high hairline on Bob. Just his natural look and didn't appear to change or recede until the late 1980s. He's still got a lot of hair, but it appears to be much less in the front.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Obviously, this is a whole new avenue of important Dylan trivia and deserves it's own thread. Wigged out Dylan? I say no but what do I know?

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 18:14 GMT 

Back to the painting: I think it's cool. I take it metaphorically; Bob's hair has always been symbolic of one thing or another, and the fires of poetry or 60's activism or unfettered imagination or rock 'n' roll all fit this image equally well.

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 02:14 GMT 

poor execution. poor content. F- overall

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 05:17 GMT 

Nick Castle wrote:
Some of you are wondering what Mr. Krugerr's painting, titled "It's alright, Ma (I'm only burning)," says.

The framework of art can be broken down into five fundamental units of meaning: the enigma code; the connotative code, the action code, the symbolic code and the cultural code. (There is also a sixth, but people don't talk about that one.)

This painting speaks libraries about Dylan, 1960s counter-culture, and the god-consciousness of boundless creativity that carries within itself the seed of its own destruction.

No, I think everyone got that pretty quickly upon seeing, it's just not a very interesting nor original message to convey.

And to top it off, an ugly sight.

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 06:51 GMT 

My vote is for burning this entire thread.

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 13:14 GMT 

His hair could have caught fire when he used to spray it with Sambuca.

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 14:24 GMT 
Titanium Member

dylanswife wrote:
My vote is for burning this entire thread.

After that can of worms you opened up, I can understand that!