Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed June 20th, 2018, 03:56 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu December 28th, 2017, 20:16 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
The fact that Bob’s piano is somewhat closer to the front of the stage and angled a bit more head-on has made a difference over the years. No question.

Amos wrote:
Saying the set up hasn’t changed since 2012 just points out that you’re oblivious.

With all due respect, my friend, WTF are you talking about?
Please reread the 2nd paragraph of my post you are reacting to.
(Maybe I'm oblivious for agreeing with you? ha ha)

That wasn’t directed at you. It was the person who continually says the stage hasn’t changed and hasn’t sat up front to make that claim

I wrote everything in one post so as to not make multiple posts. I should have written the screen name to avoid confusion but since you never said the set up hadn’t changed I figured it was understood. Sorry to confuse you. I can see how it would be misinterpreted

PostPosted: Thu December 28th, 2017, 20:22 GMT 

BTW

I got a full refund for my Boston ticket and a $75 gift card from Ticketmaster for my Albany ticket.

PostPosted: Thu December 28th, 2017, 21:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

There ya go! That's pretty good.
And I got them to top off all my beers, once I convinced them the top half was just foam.
So everyone walks away a winner.

Nice followup.

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 02:41 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
There ya go! That's pretty good.
And I got them to top off all my beers, once I convinced them the top half was just foam.
So everyone walks away a winner.

Nice followup.

Hahahahaha
Did you really get them to do that? They’re supposed to to a certain degree...lol
Also did you read my correction about my previous post?

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 12:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

Amos wrote:
Hahahahaha
Did you really get them to do that? They’re supposed to to a certain degree...lol
Also did you read my correction about my previous post?

Absolutely got them to do that.
And, yes, saw the correction.
Good job on the refund & credit.
I wonder if Bob’s piano angle will be tweaked in March?

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 20:41 GMT 

Ha!!! Awesome. I LOVE THAT!!! I thought you were joking. I hate it when companies try to rip you off.

I was wondering the same for March

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 17:03 GMT 

That's fantastic! I complained to SLOTIX (the specific VIP agency that runs the package deals) after the Chicago show and got nothing (they determined it wasn't obstructed in the front row). Should have gone through Ticketmaster, as my aggregate spend through them has to be astronomical over the years.

PostPosted: Fri January 5th, 2018, 16:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

aberhwy61 wrote:
Should have gone through Ticketmaster...

Wait. Aren’t we supposed to hate them?

PostPosted: Fri January 5th, 2018, 17:55 GMT 

Yarr! Remember the Pearl Jam / Ticketbastard fiasco?

All it did was create ruined experiences for fans and gave more wealth & power to Ticketmaster. They got bigger while Pearl Jam faded into obscurity and came crying back to Goliath.

PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 05:39 GMT 

aberhwy61 wrote:
That's fantastic! I complained to SLOTIX (the specific VIP agency that runs the package deals) after the Chicago show and got nothing (they determined it wasn't obstructed in the front row). Should have gone through Ticketmaster, as my aggregate spend through them has to be astronomical over the years.

SLO nor Ticketmaster refunded me. My Americans Express did. However, try the lady I posted in that other thread from Ticketmaster. You might have luck. I know 2 people that did

PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 05:48 GMT 

aberhwy61 wrote:

You know there are many ppl complaining to Ticketmaster and SLO tix and it’s the same answer. The management said it’s not obstructed view. How can do many ppl from all over the states at so many venues be complaining of the same issue? And management repeatedly says the seats weren’t obstructed.

Seems like something a class action could solve really. I mean some ppl are out multiple thousands. I’m only out about 200 bucks from what I originally wanted back as a refund. Ppl who went to multiple shows and bought the front row packages got a royal screwing.
I mean the venue in Albany was made aware of potential problems before the show began. They offered nothing to resolve the issue. How can they not refund you? Bc management said so? Of course they’re going to say no. They lose money they ripped off ticket buyers. They didn’t deliver the product. It’s billed as Bob Dylan and his band. Well when you can’t see who was billed for the show, how is the view not obstructed and how did they deliver what we paid for?

PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 11:53 GMT 

Is there a picture somewhere. Just to get an idea of what to expect this spring. With regards to the new piano angle.

PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 14:23 GMT 

Is there a way of getting a message to management so that the issue doesn't raise its ugly head during the spring tour?

PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 21:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Merlin wrote:
Is there a picture somewhere. Just to get an idea of what to expect this spring. With regards to the new piano angle.

First 20 seconds of this nice Thunder vid:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZN3SEgPtg8

PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 22:26 GMT 

The piano looks side on in that video. I've a feeling it shifted more head on after Chicago?

PostPosted: Sat January 13th, 2018, 01:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

It seemed about the same angle, to me, this Fall as it was in the Summer.
The vid was not taken head on, it was from the right side, no?
And I wasn’t at Wintrust...so maybe poor example?

PostPosted: Sat January 13th, 2018, 10:19 GMT 

https://youtu.be/x8tbz93pCek

PostPosted: Sat January 13th, 2018, 15:54 GMT 
Promethium Member

kaleidosc0pe wrote:
Wouahhh just found this the entire concert was filmed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rknyN20UA-I

amazing. Happy Saturday !! :D

This view, just posted in the Vancouver Live thread by the awesome kaleidosc0pe, also tells the story.
Stage setup for Summer & Fall were quite similar, if not identical.

PostPosted: Sat January 13th, 2018, 18:03 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
kaleidosc0pe wrote:

This view, just posted in the Vancouver Live thread by the awesome kaleidosc0pe, also tells the story.

hey Barefoot, you're awesome 8)

PostPosted: Sun January 14th, 2018, 06:19 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
kaleidosc0pe wrote:

I attended four shows each leg last summer and fall (including the Funner and Las Vegas shows, between which this spurious piano shift was purported to have occurred) and, like I've repeated several times (and thus been called demeaning names and personally insulted), nothing was different about the setup! Being an informed and empowered (and ever-grateful) consumer, I would again suggest to choose your tickets wisely, and enjoy the shows like I did.

PostPosted: Thu March 22nd, 2018, 04:29 GMT 

Now that everyone seems to have gotten over their disappointment with the situation, just a quick comment on the “the-view-was-not-obstructed” reaction from Ticketmaster: could you imagine what would happen if they started refunding tickets to every and anyone who complained that their view was obstructed by a musical instrument?

No matter how frustrating the situation might be to those who paid and ended up with a view different from what they were hoping for, promoters and other companies involved cannot possibly consider the presence of an instrument as “obstruction”. Otherwise they’d have to start issuing refunds to the vast majority of people who ever attended a show. Ever had your view of a drummer blocked by cymbals? I’m sure all of a sudden everyone would claim that seeing the band’s drummer was the only reason why they paid so much for their tickets.

If americans weren’t always so eager to sue everyone at the first opportunity, maybe some companies could react differently in situations like this. But given how things usually play out in the States, it’s understandable that they just try to protect themselves from future legal issues.

PostPosted: Thu March 22nd, 2018, 06:30 GMT 

With all respect to George, it should be different if having paid top dollar, you can't see the man whose name appears on the ticket for more than 12 minutes of the show. More fool me for purchasing I suppose but clinging to the (naive?) hope that they've seen sense and addressed the issue for this leg.

PostPosted: Sun March 25th, 2018, 12:28 GMT 

Any reports from anyone seated at or near the front on this leg yet? With him behind the piano for virtually the whole gig now, the issue has the potential to be farcical unless he's standing more while playing

PostPosted: Sun March 25th, 2018, 13:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

MrJudasPriest wrote:
Any reports from anyone seated at or near the front on this leg yet? With him behind the piano for virtually the whole gig now, the issue has the potential to be farcical unless he's standing more while playing

Our good friend Scope posted this image the piano-tuner guy took at the Lisbon opener. It basically says it all.

It confirms things haven’t changed regarding piano placement & basic stage setup.

Just extrapolate to see that the first few right/center rows are tough sight lines. (Note that Bob’s piano is still on the right side) Might be ok on the far right or far left, but who wants to be there? At that point you might as well just move a few rows back.
kaleidosc0pe wrote:
WOW . :shock: Incredible pictures from the stage of the concert in Lisbon last night. Posted on Instagram by @frpianos

CLICK TO ENLARGE

I can tell you this angle looks pretty similar to the view I had from the 2nd row in Richmond last Fall.
Mine was maybe slightly better, seeing only his eyes & sometimes nose/mouth and top of his head when he sat. A few nights later, only a few rows back all was fine.

In other words, it appears to be the same setup as Summer & Fall of 2017.

But depending on the difference in height between the Stage floor elevation & the Seat elevation, which varies per venue, it might not always be so drastic. For instance, standing in basically the same 2nd-row location outdoors in VT in the Summer, our line-of-sight was easily over than the top of the piano. We could see from his shoulders up, when he was sitting.

Over the years, I’ve found Rows 5-11 to be usually ideal. Better sound too.
Again, totally depends on the venue itself though.

PostPosted: Sun March 25th, 2018, 15:30 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
.... Over the years, I’ve found Rows 5-11 to be usually ideal. Better sound too. ....

sounds like it is a good thing that I have tickets for the 5th row in both Brno and Wien