Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 13:19 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 19:35 GMT 

Haven't a clue where my order is. No-one seems to care. It apparently left somewhere in Houston for somewhere else in Houston three days ago but then died.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 19:41 GMT 

^it's rough out there, you know...

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 20:54 GMT 

Foggy wrote:
Haven't a clue where my order is. No-one seems to care. It apparently left somewhere in Houston for somewhere else in Houston three days ago but then died.

Same here. My order to Pennsylvania Shipped Nov 1. Didn't update until Texas Nov 8. Since then, radio silence again. Nothing. This is now beyond silly.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 21:06 GMT 

Mine was on the way to the DHL eCommerce Facility in Houston on November 1 and arrived there on November 8. It's now been on its way to the post office for two days. It's also gotten bigger--when it left Austin it weighed 3 pounds, and when it got to Houston it weighed 4.407 pounds. I like the specificity of that, though. It suggests that the package does exist, someone's held it in their hands and put it on a scale, and someday I'll hold it in my hands.

I think it probably is with the US Postal Service now. The fact that there's been no tracking information for two days doesn't mean anything. That's actually normal with DHL. Apparently their tracking and the USPS tracking don't interface properly (if the USPS actually has tracking--they say they do, but I've never been able to track anything sent through them). So I'm reasonably confident that it will get here in the next few days.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 21:58 GMT 

mojofilter wrote:
It's also gotten bigger--when it left Austin it weighed 3 pounds, and when it got to Houston it weighed 4.407 pounds. I like the specificity of that, though. It suggests that the package does exist, someone's held it in their hands and put it on a scale, and someday I'll hold it in my hands.

:lol:
Accumulation of cobwebs and dust, I suspect.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 22:41 GMT 

I asked, for the second time now, for a cancellation and refund. If it ever gets to me, I'll gladly return it to sender. But to some people, spending $200 on an item is steep, and I cant blame the consumer (myself) because the tracking doesn't interface properly. I'd rather just download it or go through Amazon and have it in two days. This whole run-around right now, because DHL is no good, isn't my issue to deal with. It's theirs.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 09:55 GMT 

Partial breakthrough.
If you're in the UK and ordered through Sandbag and they sent you a DHL tracking number, try it here: http://www.translinkexpress.co.uk/ups-tracking.html
It seems this company is part of DHL and my tracking number was recognised here when it wasn't by DHL.

Unfortunately they claim it was delivered on the 6th so... oh. I hope my neighbour is enjoying Bob's gospel years.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 10:47 GMT 

oneofthesupremes wrote:
Unfortunately they claim it was delivered on the 6th so... oh. I hope my neighbour is enjoying Bob's gospel years.

Found it! Delivered on the 9th to a neighbour but without my name on the address label. Incredible.

We have learned:
Sandbag are terrible and don't reply to emails if they don't want to. So no matter how tempting the bonus, it's probably not worth it.
Translink Express Logistics is a DHL company and like DHL they are also terrible.

I hope it works out for everyone still waiting.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 13:48 GMT 

So while I cancelled my Shitbag order back on Wednesday, walked into my local shop and bought the box set and have been enjoying it since then.... the Shit bag order is still in the hands of DHL.

I'm following the tracking order they sent me... it arrived in Illinois on the 8th. On the 10th it 'finished processing' in Illinois - basically sat there for two days for no reason.

It's almost comical. I don't care now as my credit card company have refunded me already, but it's kind of amusing to watch Shitbag and DHL continue to fumble their bread-and-butter job like absolute amateurs, and watch this package just slowly wend its way towards me, which I am just going to refuse when it finally does arrive.

Ha.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 16:14 GMT 

Sandbag claims that theyy will refund my shipping, but I'm guessing that the postal holiday today pushes the delivery off until Monday at the earliest.

Although no tracking updates were posed yesterday (11/10), an update today states that 24+ hours ago:
Quote:
"TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER
Fri, November 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM ET
Orlando, FL, US"

The package was in Houston as of 4:49am on Tuesday, May 7. Orlando is appriximately 963 miles from Houston. Orlando is 110 miles away from my delivery address in Pinellas county.

I'm such a sap for these bonus discs...

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 16:54 GMT 

Well, I'm in Kentucky and apparently so is my package. However, it seems it's taking at least 3 days (and still counting) for it to get from Hebron, KY to me, a 90 minute drive. One thing I've learned: if this is the way DHL handles their deliveries, I'll never use them to deliver anything for me.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 17:47 GMT 

No one should ever use DHL. They stink and always have.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 18:18 GMT 

Sandbag responded to my third e-mail to let me know I now have a ticket # and that someone will contact me next week. No indication that the pre-ordered music has been shipped. I followed up with an e-mail to Sony, assuring them that Sandbag is entirely unworthy to handle Bob Dylan merchandise. Unbelievable. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 18:31 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
No one should ever use DHL. They stink and always have.

That might be your experience. I would have been glad, if DHL had delivered the box. The DHL serviceman has no problem with stopping in the narrow street with often no proper parking space where I live to bring parcels to me or my neighbours. The guy from DPD, I saw him twice driving through. Then he bothered to stop and drove away.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 20:26 GMT 

I was fortunate enough to have my box arrive yesterday, very well packaged and protected, with the bonus album included and in great shape. I was part of the DHL/Houston raft of orders that inched along, so if you're in that group rest assured the boxes do exist and hopefully you'll get them soon!

Just flipped on disc one, already getting chills up my spine...

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 20:41 GMT 

Still waiting in Oregon! I was forced to poke around and find it through other means just to take my mind off this mess.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 23:30 GMT 

No Trouble, but late in Sweden; I got my box and Vinyl yesterday the 10th, preordered from Amazon, packed in cardboard boxes. Love it.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 23:54 GMT 

It gets better:
Quote:
Nov 11, 2017
7:20
AM ET
Orlando, FL, US TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER
Nov 10, 2017
8:16
AM ET
Orlando, FL, US TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER
4:31
AM ET
Orlando, FL, US ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY

In short, it appears that after my package was tendered to the delivery service provider yesterday morning, it did not embark upon the 110-mile journey to my door. Instead...it apparently managed to stick around Orlando for an extra day, so it could be tendered to the delivery service provider again.

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 04:04 GMT 

They stopped responding to my refund requests, so opened a case with PayPal. I have no issue sending it back for a refund but their handling of packages worries me enough that I said I won't return the package (granted it finally arrives) until I'm refunded.

All the extra time of listening on Spotify made me realize I just don't need this set anymore.

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 17:04 GMT 

Got mine today!

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 17:24 GMT 
Promethium Member

Anr Bjotk wrote:
Got mine today!

Yay Anr!
Got mine the minute the Record Store allowed it on Release Day and then jumped on a plane.
So...was finally in a position to crack the plastic wrap today.
Listening to Disc 3, 4, 5 & 6, so far!

Happy Listening!

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 17:27 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:
Got mine today!

Yay Anr!
Got mine the minute the Record Store allowed it on Release Day and then jumped on a plane.
So...was finally in a position to crack the plastic wrap today.
Listening to Disc 3, 4, 5 & 6, so far!

Happy Listening!

Importin to itunes while watching the dvd now :)

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 17:39 GMT 

Happy for you Anr!!! Enjoy!!

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 18:07 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
Happy for you Anr!!! Enjoy!!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 20:46 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Anr Bjotk wrote:
Got mine today!

Do you get mail on a Sunday?
Mine is still in the US apparently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next