Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 18:49 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 19:46 GMT 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_50th_ ... ction_1964

Is this something that anybody owns? As a big fan of 1964 Dylan, this looks great. I recall posting about this a few years back and was told by someone on here to wait until the price goes down, but the vinyl box set (9LP's) still comes out to around 330 bucks. Is this a box set worth owning?

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 20:10 GMT 

I´m equally frustrated and glad that I was not checking this forum when these limited copyright box-sets came out, so I never knew they were released. I probably would have felt the need to order them all for completism sake, spending a lot of cash that I need for other stuff.
Then it would have probably taken me months to listen to the whole thing once, only to shelve it right after and perhaps give it another spin a few years later, since I´m not a huge fan of folk Dylan.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 20:26 GMT 

wormington wrote:
I´m equally frustrated and glad that I was not checking this forum when these limited copyright box-sets came out, so I never knew they were released. I probably would have felt the need to order them all for completism sake, spending a lot of cash that I need for other stuff.
Then it would have probably taken me months to listen to the whole thing once, only to shelve it right after and perhaps give it another spin a few years later, since I´m not a huge fan of folk Dylan.

Yeah like it has good stuff if you're into folk Dylan, but I'm wondering why the official bootleg series hasn't released a lot of these takes. Also the price is outrageous.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 23:20 GMT 

These Copyright sets are not hard to find guys...

An original sure, but if you want the music you're good to go.

I have an original vinyl copy of the 1963 set -- I still think that TIMES is his best acoustic record of the first four. Outstanding

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 00:52 GMT 

mikeja75 wrote:
These Copyright sets are not hard to find guys...

An original sure, but if you want the music you're good to go.

I have an original vinyl copy of the 1963 set -- I still think that TIMES is his best acoustic record of the first four. Outstanding

Im with you on TIMES but that 1964 set has RFH - probably my favourite "folk" Bob show. Whenever I listen to it, I just imagine being in the audience that night and hearing Mr Tambourine Man for the first time .... "shivers"