Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 17th, 2017, 17:24 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 10:47 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
They'll Rome you.

They definitely will... and the silly thing is that I shouldn't even be thinking about going there (I'll probably get in trouble for being away that whole week without justification), but I couldn't resist and bought tickets anyway. One of these days, I'll need to get treatment--

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 10:56 GMT 

NOW – after nearly an hour after tickets went on sale – they have the "pick your own seat"-option online. I HATE THEM

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 11:38 GMT 

Last year I had two tickets for Paris but finally couldn't attend the show, so I'm really excited to see Bob next april in Firenze in row 4! ^^

But I have a question regarding the tickets shipment (I'm from Barcelona). In the buying process, the website changed by itself to italian from english and I got confused and in the address field i wrote my ID number.

Afther the purchase I immediately changed it in my profile info but in the order it remains the same. I have send them a form to correct the shipping address but I want to know if anyone has had this kind of problem before and if they make any kind of trouble on this cases.

Thanks & good luck everyone with the tickets!

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 11:40 GMT 

slewan wrote:
NOW – after nearly an hour after tickets went on sale – they have the "pick your own seat"-option online. I HATE THEM

Yep. And in Rome they had front row on the right just in front of Bob seats available. It's ludicrous.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 12:32 GMT 

I try not to be too upset. Had 4th row middle, it disappeared suddenly. Now 5th very very left, as it seems
And now I see this "pick your own" too late ...
But I will be in Rome in a Dylan-show.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 13:24 GMT 

Up until yesterday I had seriously considered going to Florence but then I heard that tix for Joan Baez at the Royal Albert Hall were also going on sale this morning. As my wife had also said she would like to go and funds are not endless I decided not to travel to Italy. Fares, hotels, meals, insurance - it all adds up and I did see four shows in 2017!

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 13:48 GMT 

I was trying to book some more/better tickets for all shows in Rome. I had them in my shopping cart, made the payment and then they disappeared, altough my paypal account has been charged. That happend [b]four[/b] times, i.e. some 700 Euros!

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 14:41 GMT 

slewan wrote:
I was trying to book some more/better tickets for all shows in Rome. I had them in my shopping cart, made the payment and then they disappeared, altough my paypal account has been charged. That happend four times, i.e. some 700 Euros!

This is exactly what I was referring to when I said that the website is crap. Made four orders, two of which just ended up in a "this ain't possible at this moment" error message but my PayPal was charged nonetheless.

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 15:58 GMT 

I scored ok stalls tickets for 1st and 3rd nights in Rome. Pumped.
Going to cost me a fortune but hey.... a man’s gotta have a hobby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 16:11 GMT 

slewan wrote:

Aha - so I didn’t miss it at the time (I was in early) ... I was kicking myself for not seeing it! At least I feel a bit better now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri November 10th, 2017, 16:51 GMT 

meanwhile I got an email from ticketone.it apologizing for canceling my orders…

Right now, nearly seven hours after the tickets went on sale I managed to by w seat in second row on Bobs side for the final show at Rome

Fun fact: it's one of those seat I had in my cart this noon before my order was canceled. Those Romans are crazy

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 02:11 GMT 

Milano sold out!!!

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 13:44 GMT 

mrtambourine wrote:
Milano sold out!!!

Certainly more dates will be announced there.
I think it's the main reason for the drip-feed system, testing the interest and accordingly cancelling/adding.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 15:32 GMT 
Promethium Member

The Bard wrote:

Certainly not trying to be a buzzkill, but I sat in the 2nd row, directly in front of Bob last night in Richmond and be aware that when he sits down, part of his face might be obscured by the piano for you, especially if he angles it the same way. Great seat, regardless.

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 16:44 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Certainly not trying to be a buzzkill, but I sat in the 2nd row, directly in front of Bob last night in Richmond and be aware that when he sits down, part of his face might be obscured by the piano for you, especially if he angles it the same way. Great seat, regardless.

...and kiss away any hope of watching George rock out during Thunder. Left side is where it's at.

That said, I'm piano side in front of Bob in row 2, row 1 and row 2 for the three Rome shows. Yay Rome Bob!

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 18:04 GMT 

On the second day of ticket sales, after three fails and losing out on better seats, I was finally able to buy two 12th row seats for the third Rome show. For the first three fails, I tried the print at home option. When I switched to having the tickets shipped, the transaction went through. Mere coincidence? I don't know. Even though they aren't the greatest seats, I'm still very excited that I'll be seeing Zimmy, 51 years after my last Rome visit as a teen during the Summer of Love, 1967. I didn't see any live music that summer, but I remember that songs from Sgt. Pepper and Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale were playing everywhere!

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 18:56 GMT 

any rumors/guesses when we can expect more tour dates to be announced (my guess is – as always Tuesday or Thursday. But as far as I remember BD.com broke this pattern recently

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 19:12 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

nothing can beat my front row view standing at the rail here in Cork in 2014

PostPosted: Sat November 11th, 2017, 20:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
The Bard wrote:

notdarkyet wrote:
nothing can beat my front row view standing at the rail here in Cork in 2014

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 02:18 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

No worries. I'm happy to have safely secured good (even if not great) seats!

Sweet Melinda wrote:
...and kiss away any hope of watching George rock out during Thunder. Left side is where it's at.
That said, I'm piano side in front of Bob in row 2, row 1 and row 2 for the three Rome shows. Yay Rome Bob!

My ticket buying skills are not quite as awesome as yours, so Im in row 9/central block on first night and then row 6 just off to piano side on 3rd night.

My seat on the second night will be in a restaurant somewhere in the city as I'd like to remain married.