Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun November 19th, 2017, 05:15 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 23:01 GMT 

Just wondering if anyone who has bought a Gold Hot Seat for the current tour has taken delivery of their merchandise? And if so, what's the feedback on it?

Apparently the package includes a clock, magnet and, wait for it, a laminate. Expectations are low but interested to hear what people think about the quality (or lack thereof)...

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 00:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

bucketsorain wrote:
Just wondering if anyone who has bought a Gold Hot Seat for the current tour has taken delivery of their merchandise? And if so, what's the feedback on it?

Apparently the package includes a clock, magnet and, wait for it, a laminate. Expectations are low but interested to hear what people think about the quality (or lack thereof)...

"Is this some kind of joke?" is basically the reaction to the delivery of any of these: past, present or future.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 00:39 GMT 

the merchandise is a real joke. however the seat I got, first row in front of the piano, was worth every penny.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 23:32 GMT 

Barefoot and KS: Thanks for the replies, and yep, have personal experience fully consistent with each of your posts. But just wondering if you or other folk have seen this particular tour's offering..?

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 23:49 GMT 

bucketsorain wrote:
Barefoot and KS: Thanks for the replies, and yep, have personal experience fully consistent with each of your posts. But just wondering if you or other folk have seen this particular tour's offering..?

Yes, I did receive the clock, magnet and '' laminate''. quality is so-so, cheap looking (foam clock and foam magnet) I do love the magnet though, it's on my fridge. The laminate is nice as well.

They should put a little more thought into these, I mean I once got a beautiful tote bag, not cheap at all, large and durable, plus a water bottle that I am still using 6 years later, in a Gold Ticket package for Paul McCartney for basically the same price. Oh well.

This is my picture (click to enlarge):

I hope this answers your question !

PostPosted: Thu November 9th, 2017, 00:30 GMT 

Thanks kaleidosc0pe! Appreciate the response, especially the photo upload - glad you’re enjoying the magnet. And fully agree that the merch element of these packages is consistently disappointing - similar in that respect to the official BD Tour merch offering, which is another example of a real missed opportunity imho

PostPosted: Thu November 9th, 2017, 00:35 GMT 

bucketsorain wrote:
Thanks kaleidosc0pe! Appreciate the response, especially the photo upload - glad you’re enjoying the magnet. And fully agree that the merch element of these packages is consistently disappointing - similar in that respect to the official BD Tour merch offering, which is another example of a real missed opportunity imho

couldn't agree more. the tour merch is generally corny (is that the word ? or cheesy..I don't know), anyway, poorly designed.

PostPosted: Thu November 9th, 2017, 23:58 GMT 

Just received a nice plush blanket, with the Highway 61 logo on the corner. Better than the styrofoam clock.