Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 09:17 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 09:52 GMT 

May I kindly ask ER members who write here about the delivering status of the box orderd via bobdylan.com to give information as to the country and, if possible, to the carrier?

It would be helpful for others to know if anybody has already got the box or not to compare this with their own situation. Thanks.

Me: NRW, Germany // Status: unfulfilled

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:03 GMT 
Senior Moderator

This is the thread in which to post about the delivery status or any other practical issues with your Trouble No More order.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:07 GMT 

charlesdarwin wrote:
This is the thread in which to post about the delivery status or any other practical issues with your Trouble No More order.
Mine was shipping in a bag! Expected better from Amazon. However it was in fine shape. The book was assembled incorrectly.. all the pages were upside down and backwards! Ugg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:21 GMT 

OK, no San Diego; but, for UK customers, Badlands - based in Cheltenham - is the absolute gold standard for this stuff. Ever since they sent me "Love & Theft" three whole days before that very eventful day in September 2001, I haven't even thought about ordering from anyone else. Trouble No More Deluxe turned up yesterday, as expected.

http://www.badlands.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:26 GMT 

My status is unfulfilled. I have not yet received shipping confirmation and tracking info.
I'm from the Netherlands.

I just mailed Sandbag and complained about the high price and shipping costs and low level of service but I expect no answer untill Monday.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:49 GMT 

In Norway. Ordered from bd.com on sept 20th. Would normally not take my chances with a preorder but the San Diego show was impossible to resist.
Status of my order changed to fulfilled last night and I got a tracking number with DHL. However the tracking number gives no results at dhl, so no idea where the package is. Looks like I won't see it this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:56 GMT 

I just did the same

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 10:57 GMT 

In Australia, and have recieved the Email saying the order has been shipped (at 12.47am local time) so guessing that means it has left the US distribution centre and hopefully will arrive early next week.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 11:31 GMT 

no problem with deliveries here (i.e. Germany). I got the deluxe box on Thursday morning (a day before the official release date. I didn't order from BD.com though but from a German retailer

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 11:53 GMT 

live in glasgow, ordered from bobdylan.com.
Arrived yesterday morning, got an email yesterday evening saying it was on the way
Well packaged and no issues so far

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 12:01 GMT 

stevieblooz wrote:
live in glasgow, ordered from bobdylan.com.
Arrived yesterday morning, got an email yesterday evening saying it was on the way
Well packaged and no issues so far

Also in Glasgow, also ordered from bobdylan.com - nothing yet. E-mailed sandbag several times and got the same answers everyone else has been getting. Tracking information was sent yesterday evening, but the DHL page has the same "no results" page as has been reported by others. No cards through the door or anything, and no word from neighbours about a delivery. Would like it to arrive today, but I'm not overly hopeful.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 12:11 GMT 

I live in NYC and pre-ordered shortly after announcement from BD.com. I received an email confirmation that the shipment was on its way yesterday at 10 am ET.

The email included a USPS tracking number, but the status of my shipment is "USPS Currently Awaiting Package." I have no idea when it will arrive.

I ordered from BD.com to get the SD concert, and expected the delivery yesterday.

Completely unacceptable given the amount of money paid. What is the point of pre-ordering if they cannot manage it properly.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 12:34 GMT 

Ordered from Isis in the UK and got my delivery this morning, securely packed in cardboard. Waiting for the sun to go down for a first listen

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 12:45 GMT 

DHL delivered the vinyl editon right now, bought from amazon.de. Didn't know it contains the 2-CD edition,too. Nice surprise.

No, I have heard nothing about the box that I seek.

Still living in NRW, Germany

----------------------------------

I'm about to send them a mail like this:

Nothing was delivered
And I tell this truth to you
Not out of spite or anger
But simply because it’s true
Now, I hope you won’t object to this
Giving back all of what you owe
The fewer words you have to waste on this
The sooner you can go

Nothing is better, nothing is best
Take heed of this and get plenty of rest

Nothing was delivered
But I can’t say I sympathize
With what your fate is going to be
Yes, for telling all those lies
Now you must provide some answers
For what you sell has not been received
And the sooner you come up with them
The sooner you can leave

Nothing is better, nothing is best
Take heed of this and get plenty rest

(Now you know)
Nothing was delivered
And it’s up to you to say
Just what you had in mind
When you made ev’rybody pay
No, nothing was delivered
Yes, ’n’ someone must explain
That as long as it takes to do this
Then that’s how long that you’ll remain

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 13:17 GMT 

Here's their reply:

"We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response, usually within 1 working day.
Our customer support team are available monday-friday 9am - 6pm
Thanks,
helpdesk Customer Service Team"

Because people only get upset on weekdays between 9AM and 6PM (no idea which timezone).

Looks like we've been Sandbagged.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 13:20 GMT 

I per-ordered pretty much as soon as the offer was available from bobdylan.com. Arrived yesterday, securely packaged, although it was left (without permission) in my next door neighbour's outside cupboard. I retrieved the package safely enough so no complaints, although I would prefer to be informed whether a company uses an outside courier before hand.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 13:31 GMT 

More disappointed than angry at this point, but no sign of it here in Massachusetts.

Ordered from the link provided on Bob Dylan's own web site the Deluxe Edition, full-boat, the whole schmeer and the high price was offset by the fact that I've been waiting for this period to be re-examined and issued under the Bootleg Series.

I also ordered from the unfortunately-named 'Sandbag' company. Had I noticed the name before I placed my order, I would have balked, and bought it in a brick-and-mortar store, but as I said, I was in a rather giddy state of anticipation. Today, I may just be moving from disappointment to anger. Hopefully, it won't be necessary.

Sandbag?
--smacks forehead --
Getting screwed is one thing, but getting screwed and having your face rubbed in it...

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 13:33 GMT 

I bought the Deluxe edition via PledgeMusic, the orders are fullfilled by bobdylan.com I believe.
Haven't heard from anyone, no shipping notification, nothing. I am so upset, I should have bought it on Amazon.ca

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 13:45 GMT 

2 CD set arrived this morning! :D Listened to half of it by now, and I'm loving it. The very first Slow Train is amazing, as well as Gotta Serve Somebody. Man, one should really be very very thankful for the Bootleg Series (well, I guess we all are hERe). Do you think it will eventually be possible to purchase the Deluxe edition as an mp3 download from amazon, too? Right now it doesn't seem to be available :cry: And I hope I can buy the DVD, too.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 14:21 GMT 

US order from Dylan website the day they went on sale, deluxe edition.

Received shipped email with tracking # on Nov 1. Hasn't moved or updated the status since. Says DHL from Texas on way to USPS carrier. Wrote customer service and they simply said...order is on its way, and gave me the same non-working tracking #. Emailed back explaining the same thing, and never got a response.

Not mad, much like many of us, just bummed how disorganized this whole thing is.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 14:46 GMT 

I ordered my copy of the deluxe edition from bobdylan.com the day that it was announced, I only did this because I wanted the San Diego disc(s). I was informed that this would be delivered via Sandbag in the UK and that i would receive an email to tell me when the item had been and despatched along with details of how to track the item. I emailed Sandbag on the 2nd November and received the same stock email reply that everyone seems to have got. I received no notification of despatch.

I stayed in on Friday on the off-chance that it would be delivered, it did seem encouraging when my good friend Andrew Myers informed me at 9.30 that morning that he had already received his delivery, although he had received no confirmation that it had been despatched. My item did arrive at around 2.30 in the afternoon and appeared to be well packaged, in the fact on first inspection everything seemed to be good. Being the impatient person that I am I immediately played the DVD, which I have to say is very, very good, especially the bonus tracks. I then had a good look through the books, again they are very good, but on further inspection, I noticed that the corner of the case appeared damaged as though it had been dropped. I immediately contacted Sandbag UK asking them for a replacement case and complained that for £11 packaging and delivery the item should have arrived undamaged and received this reply within a few minutes.

Hi ,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to see your order is damaged.

Obviously this is something we need to look at seriously, we have made a note of the damages and will get back to you soon.

Kindest regards,

Jordan, on behalf of the customer service team

Needless to say, I have had no further reply from them as yet. I think that as well as looking into my damaged case they should also look very seriously at their entire operation, if they are the official suppliers for bobdylan.com in the UK you would have thought that would have got their orders out on time and informed everyone when they had been despatched. Next time I shall order from either Isis or Badlands who always delivery on the release day or even a day or two before, and they let you know when the item has been despatched. I only ordered from them as I said previously to get hold of the San Diego disc(s). I should have just downloaded those discs from one of those places that we all know about, but I wanted to do the right thing. I wonder how many people will be upset when Dylan Inc releases the San Diego discs as a separate release similar to what they did with the Brandeis disc a couple of years ago.

Oh and by the way, I received notification this morning that my disc had been despatched, how nice of them.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 14:48 GMT 

Amazon deluxe mp3
https://www.amazon.com/Trouble-No-More- ... o+more+mp3

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 14:51 GMT 

I'm in Sweden, ordered deluxe from bd.com, no shipping notification as of yet.

Another 24 hrs, then I'll cancel if not having heard anything.

There's a moron wind still a-blowing all around my neck
Why wait for an Iron Cross with this devilish, delivery dreck

Last edited by effort on Sat November 4th, 2017, 15:09 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 15:03 GMT 

Oh thanks, very nice of you - but, er, I must have forgotten to mention that I live in Germany. Amazon.de still doesn't offer the mp3 option for the deluxe edition. Guess I'll have to wait for a few days...

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 15:23 GMT 

effort wrote:
I'm in Sweden, ordered deluxe from bd.com, no shipping notification as of yet.

Another 24 hrs, then I'll cancel if not having heard anything.

There's a moron wind still a-blowing all around my neck
Think I deserve an Iron Cross after this devilish, delivery dreck

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next