Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 05:09 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue August 27th, 2013, 19:31 GMT 

Some of you reading this may be familiar with Montague Street, our US-based print journal devoted to Dylan’s work. Since 2009, our efforts have produced three issues of informed, critical, and creative writing on Bob Dylan, as well as original illustration and photography (excluding photos of Dylan himself). I’m posting this open letter for two reasons: in addition to soliciting material for a fourth issue, I’m also seeking like-minded editorial/production collaborators. At this point I have become the sole editor and promoter of Montague Street and continuing this project on my own has made it difficult for me to maintain my own standards of efficiency.

My goal is to create a serious and enduring print conversation about Dylan’s work similar to the fine work maintained by The Bridge in the UK. Our contributors and readers already form an international community of Dylan enthusiasts eager for knowledgeable and creative discussions of his work. So far, sales of Montague Street have paid for printing and shipping costs; the layout of the three issues in print was only possible through invaluable donations of time and labor by talented graphic designers. This project was not conceived as a revenue stream nor was it conceived with the aim of expanding into other media. My own background is in academia and professional trade publishing.

I’ll look forward to the chance of hearing from anyone who shares my vision of Bob Dylan’s work meriting an ongoing print journal based in the US with an international assembly of contributors and readers. Please also feel free to contact me if you are interested in submission guidelines for Montague Street. The theme for Issue 4 is Town and Country and I’m also eager for discussions of Tempest. To everyone who has shown interest in Montague Street—all gratitude to you, and I deeply hope to continue a project you have found worthwhile.
Nina Goss, PhD, MFA
gardenerisgone@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu February 16th, 2017, 09:13 GMT 

I heard of this thing where they put him on LSD poster's, but i'ls check out the journal it sounds kool, fan of the song too

PostPosted: Tue September 19th, 2017, 14:28 GMT 

This sounds awesome. I will definitely reach out!