Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 03:43 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue September 12th, 2017, 22:33 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 31st, 2006, 09:13 GMT
Posts: 2091
Location: out on Decatur Hill
DarkEyes wrote:
Closest we've had so far is this Spanish article that leaked some info. http://www.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2017/09/07/1186785

Really the only new thing within it is this: "Trouble No More, like other bootlegs, collects alternative tracks, discarded recording sessions and other unpublished lyrics, but this time includes 15 new songs from a time when Bob Dylan changed the course of his musical career."

And this curious line that suggests a press premiere will be/has happened in London for the new doc: "On the same subject, the documentary Trouble No More, about the singer's evangelical period, was presented to the press in London before its premiere at the New York Film Festival next October and where emblematic concerts such as Toronto and Buffalo on the Slow Training Coming tour."


Here's my guess what those 15 songs could be:

AIN’T GONNA GO TO HELL FOR ANYBODY
AIN’T NO MAN RIGHTEOUS (NO NOT ONE)
BLESSED IS THE NAME [BLESSED BE THE NAME]
CARIBBEAN WIND (diff. version)
CITY OF GOLD
COVER DOWN, BREAK THROUGH
DON’T EVER TAKE YOURSELF AWAY (released on soundtrack CD)
FUR SLIPPERS
I WILL LOVE HIM
JESUS IS THE ONE
LET’S KEEP IT BETWEEN US
MYSTERY TRAIN (cover)
THIEF ON THE CROSS
TROUBLE IN MIND (released on single and on compilation CD)
YONDER COMES SIN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 10:11 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
Enough already


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 10:17 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 983
I'm not excited at all, I may buy it but coming hot on the heels of Triplicate this could be the first of The Bootleg Series I won't have. The perfect pairing!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 10:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
dvdunplugged wrote:
I'm not excited at all, I may buy it but coming hot on the heels of Triplicate this could be the first of The Bootleg Series I won't have. The perfect pairing!

Excellent. One competitor less for the limited and over-priced extra-mega-deluxe edition, containing god knows how many unessential and idiotic items. Cool!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 11:10 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu January 24th, 2008, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 17770
Location: Where the swift don't win the race
My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
DarkEyes wrote:
Closest we've had so far is this Spanish article that leaked some info. http://www.excelsior.com.mx/funcion/2017/09/07/1186785

Really the only new thing within it is this: "Trouble No More, like other bootlegs, collects alternative tracks, discarded recording sessions and other unpublished lyrics, but this time includes 15 new songs from a time when Bob Dylan changed the course of his musical career."

And this curious line that suggests a press premiere will be/has happened in London for the new doc: "On the same subject, the documentary Trouble No More, about the singer's evangelical period, was presented to the press in London before its premiere at the New York Film Festival next October and where emblematic concerts such as Toronto and Buffalo on the Slow Training Coming tour."


Here's my guess what those 15 songs could be:

AIN’T GONNA GO TO HELL FOR ANYBODY
AIN’T NO MAN RIGHTEOUS (NO NOT ONE)
BLESSED IS THE NAME [BLESSED BE THE NAME]
CARIBBEAN WIND (diff. version)
CITY OF GOLD
COVER DOWN, BREAK THROUGH
DON’T EVER TAKE YOURSELF AWAY (released on soundtrack CD)
FUR SLIPPERS
I WILL LOVE HIM
JESUS IS THE ONE
LET’S KEEP IT BETWEEN US
MYSTERY TRAIN (cover)
THIEF ON THE CROSS
TROUBLE IN MIND (released on single and on compilation CD)
YONDER COMES SIN

These 15 songs on one album/CD in itself should be worth a fortune. I am pulling for a bonus track with these... "I Will Love Him". He performed it at one of the Massey Hall shows (May 19) so maybe, just maybe there's a studio version?

And of course, a Deluxe Release will include a songbook with lyrics and chords. (Please, O Benevolent Keeper of the Universe, we beseech Thee!!!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 11:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1831
Location: Ireland
dvdunplugged wrote:
I'm not excited at all, I may buy it but coming hot on the heels of Triplicate this could be the first of The Bootleg Series I won't have. The perfect pairing!


I'd never have guessed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 14:54 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:13 GMT
Posts: 2279
Location: Venice London
My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:

Here's my guess what those 15 songs could be:

AIN’T GONNA GO TO HELL FOR ANYBODY
AIN’T NO MAN RIGHTEOUS (NO NOT ONE)
BLESSED IS THE NAME [BLESSED BE THE NAME]
CARIBBEAN WIND (diff. version)
CITY OF GOLD
COVER DOWN, BREAK THROUGH
DON’T EVER TAKE YOURSELF AWAY (released on soundtrack CD)
FUR SLIPPERS
I WILL LOVE HIM
JESUS IS THE ONE
LET’S KEEP IT BETWEEN US
MYSTERY TRAIN (cover)
THIEF ON THE CROSS
TROUBLE IN MIND (released on single and on compilation CD)
YONDER COMES SIN



No *On Borrowed Times*?
:shock: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 07:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
:evil:
At your own time, arseholes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 07:43 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43193
Location: Beneath the Southern X
wormington wrote:
Excellent. One competitor less for the limited and over-priced extra-mega-deluxe edition, containing god knows how many unessential and idiotic items. Cool!


You mean we can get facsimiles of pages of Dylan's own dog-eared, underlined, annotated King James bible with this? Some water from the ocean he was baptized in? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 07:47 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
Johanna Parker wrote:
wormington wrote:
Excellent. One competitor less for the limited and over-priced extra-mega-deluxe edition, containing god knows how many unessential and idiotic items. Cool!


You mean we can get facsimiles of pages of Dylan's own dog-eared, underlined, annotated King James bible with this? Some water from the ocean he was baptized in? :shock:

Dare to dream!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 09:59 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 20901
wormington wrote:
:evil:
At your own time, arseholes


?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 10:36 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
wormington wrote:
:evil:
At your own time, arseholes


?

Arseholes being the people from Sony, taking too long to announce this.
the insult probably being motivated by high irritability, in turn motivated by 2 straight nights of horrible sleep :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 11:33 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1831
Location: Ireland
wormington wrote:

Arseholes being the people from Sony, taking too long to announce this.
the insult probably being motivated by high irritability, in turn motivated by 2 straight nights of horrible sleep :oops:


I understand your impatience. Hopefully, it'll all be worth the wait.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 12:26 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
Mickvet wrote:
wormington wrote:

Arseholes being the people from Sony, taking too long to announce this.
the insult probably being motivated by high irritability, in turn motivated by 2 straight nights of horrible sleep :oops:


I understand your impatience. Hopefully, it'll all be worth the wait.

*knocks on chest in appreciation*
Cheers, bud. Anybody who is a hard core Dylan fan and has ever had a baby sick with a cold surely won´t blame me for my reaction!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 13:21 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun November 29th, 2015, 23:08 GMT
Posts: 578
wormington wrote:
Mickvet wrote:

I understand your impatience. Hopefully, it'll all be worth the wait.

*knocks on chest in appreciation*
Cheers, bud. Anybody who is a hard core Dylan fan and has ever had a baby sick with a cold surely won´t blame me for my reaction!


Anyone with a baby (dylan fan or no, sick baby or no) can understand your reaction!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 14:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat June 2nd, 2007, 06:51 GMT
Posts: 841
My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:

Here's my guess what those 15 songs could be:

AIN’T GONNA GO TO HELL FOR ANYBODY
AIN’T NO MAN RIGHTEOUS (NO NOT ONE)
BLESSED IS THE NAME [BLESSED BE THE NAME]
CARIBBEAN WIND (diff. version)
CITY OF GOLD
COVER DOWN, BREAK THROUGH
DON’T EVER TAKE YOURSELF AWAY (released on soundtrack CD)
FUR SLIPPERS
I WILL LOVE HIM
JESUS IS THE ONE
LET’S KEEP IT BETWEEN US
MYSTERY TRAIN (cover)
THIEF ON THE CROSS
TROUBLE IN MIND (released on single and on compilation CD)
YONDER COMES SIN


That's a great list but I'm sure there will be at least a track or two completely unknown to us! They'll dig up something for us ER members!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 16:01 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri February 22nd, 2008, 18:40 GMT
Posts: 16870
Location: Limousine Liberal
wormington wrote:
Arseholes being the people from Sony, taking too long to announce this.


They and Bob are arseholes for pushing the Blood on the Tracks box back again in favor of this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 16:27 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 182
Harry Truman wrote:
wormington wrote:
Arseholes being the people from Sony, taking too long to announce this.


They and Bob are arseholes for pushing the Blood on the Tracks box back again in favor of this.
This.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 19:03 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1831
Location: Ireland
wormington wrote:
Mickvet wrote:

I understand your impatience. Hopefully, it'll all be worth the wait.

*knocks on chest in appreciation*
Cheers, bud. Anybody who is a hard core Dylan fan and has ever had a baby sick with a cold surely won´t blame me for my reaction!


That excuses a lot more than a frustrated post. Hope the little baby's alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 20:23 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 1st, 2011, 20:57 GMT
Posts: 6688
Location: Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
Maybe they won't announce it until after the premiere of the documentary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 15th, 2017, 22:37 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 983
Harry Truman wrote:
wormington wrote:
Arseholes being the people from Sony, taking too long to announce this.


They and Bob are arseholes for pushing the Blood on the Tracks box back again in favor of this.


Ain't that the truth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat September 16th, 2017, 07:15 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 600
Mickvet wrote:
That excuses a lot more than a frustrated post. Hope the little baby's alright.

Baby will be fine thanks, plus she even allowed us a few hours of decent sleep last night. Happy times.
Back on topic, Im probably more excited about this release than I would be about a BOTT release. Unless of course the BOTT one contains the Im cold stuff, which I doubt. The christian period I have explored a lot less


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat September 16th, 2017, 08:01 GMT 

Joined: Mon June 5th, 2006, 18:41 GMT
Posts: 1972
If there's a new version of "Caribbean Wind" buried in some mega-deluxe set, I hereby declare to spend one-billion dollars on it. Get crackin', Sony.

Also, I'm a billionaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat September 16th, 2017, 09:47 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1831
Location: Ireland
Md23Rewls wrote:
If there's a new version of "Caribbean Wind" buried in some mega-deluxe set, I hereby declare to spend one-billion dollars on it. Get crackin', Sony.

Also, I'm a billionaire.


Hello, my name is Sony. Honest. I have exactly what you need. I just need a small, ten million deposit (a lot of chancers about these days) and then I'll send it on, of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat September 16th, 2017, 10:19 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed August 23rd, 2017, 18:34 GMT
Posts: 160
Md23Rewls wrote:
If there's a new version of "Caribbean Wind" buried in some mega-deluxe set, I hereby declare to spend one-billion dollars on it. Get crackin', Sony.

Also, I'm a billionaire.


I'd already be over the moon if they just gave us that alternate version of Caribbean wind in perfect quality.

Quote:
Hello, my name is Sony. Honest. I have exactly what you need. I just need a small, ten million deposit (a lot of chancers about these days) and then I'll send it on, of course.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: toilandblood546


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group