Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 16th, 2017, 10:52 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 02:45 GMT 

Joined: Sun August 5th, 2012, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 1040
Excellent recordings of the best 1978 live shows.

Excellent recordings of the Gospel period live shows.

Chronicles Vol II and beyond.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 02:48 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 24048
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
NZNZNZ wrote:
Excellent recordings of the Gospel period live shows.


Same for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 02:49 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri October 5th, 2012, 13:36 GMT
Posts: 599
Pedro Brave wrote:
I've yet to see VOJ live which represents something of a holy grail for me.

On a more populist note, I would do many bad things to hear the unrecorded album Dylan played for friends post-BOTT. Has to be some gold there...

you can put me on that list, too. i'd love to see the audience's reaction to this terrific song.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 14:26 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu January 24th, 2008, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 17946
Location: Where the swift don't win the race
A boxed set of the Complete Never Ending Tour from 1988 through 2012..... If the point of the Holy Grail is that those who partake from it live forever there really isn't anything else from Dylan that could qualify. Seriously, could anything ever be better?

But I'll agree that officially released shows from the Gospel tours would be pretty dadgum fine as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 14:35 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue April 1st, 2008, 16:38 GMT
Posts: 7571
Location: The North Country
A perfectly mixed soundboard from a 1979 Fall gospel show. Any will do. But the one from San Francisco on November 16 would be my top choice, I guess. Holy. And quest-worthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 14:47 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu January 24th, 2008, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 17946
Location: Where the swift don't win the race
John B. Stetson wrote:
A perfectly mixed soundboard from a 1979 Fall gospel show. Any will do. But the one from San Francisco on November 16 would be my top choice, I guess. Holy. And quest-worthy.

A very worthy show, indeed. I could live with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 1st, 2013, 18:40 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed October 1st, 2008, 17:15 GMT
Posts: 8343
Location: This Town Ain't Big Enough...
Bob apparently previewed the BOTT songs to anyone who would listen well before he stepped into the studio. My unattainable Holy Grail would be a collection of all those private performances, many of which were said to be quite different from the final product. Almost as unrealistic would be a full record of the Desire club gigs -- At the time, "Isis" was supposedly like "Visions of Johanna". "Abandoned Love" represents the one tape we do have. Imagine the other songs played in such a setting. Mind-blowing!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed January 2nd, 2013, 23:18 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 8th, 2011, 16:13 GMT
Posts: 178
All Gospel shows I have not heard.
Any out takes from Gospel years and TOOM.
Any rare material with Bob and George Harrison and/or TW's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu September 7th, 2017, 10:39 GMT 

Joined: Sun November 13th, 2016, 02:00 GMT
Posts: 290
boiledgutsofbirds wrote:
The I'm Cold demoes are probably the most unique thing in the Dylan archives unreleased (presuming it exists). I'd also like to hear a good recording of the 1965 electric tour but I fear one doesn't exist.



I'd like to hear the I'm Cold songs....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu September 7th, 2017, 10:45 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 1537
I've already got everything mentioned in this thread. So very bored now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu September 7th, 2017, 20:32 GMT 

Joined: Mon August 28th, 2006, 20:35 GMT
Posts: 321
Unknown and unreleased demo material would be great. There must be hours and hours of it that aren't catalogued on Bjorner or anywhere else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu September 7th, 2017, 20:35 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 21st, 2011, 19:55 GMT
Posts: 7383
Location: Merry Christmas & missin' The Mirror Girl
Maranatha wrote:
All Gospel shows I have not heard.
Any out takes from Gospel years and TOOM.
Any rare material with Bob and George Harrison and/or TW's.


Interesting if this person is still around.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 00:05 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 6th, 2006, 05:56 GMT
Posts: 104
For me it would be a CD--an OFFICIAL CD, released in the US and not as an import--pulling together all of the assorted tracks unavailable (or impossible to find) on CD: "Band of the Hand", the "Freewheelin'" promo tracks, "Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground", the 1975 version of "People Get Ready", the alternate take of "Lay Lady Lay", "Twas The Night Before Christmas", and so on and so forth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 00:15 GMT 

Joined: Wed April 13th, 2011, 22:41 GMT
Posts: 80
Location: Hessle, England
Jazznroll wrote:
To me i guess it would either the tape that lennen and bob made at kenwood if it exists which i doubt, or
Some sort of 'kissology' but with proper quality discs that arnt dodgy.


Ha! How much my opinion has changed on this...
Seven years later. My revised opinion would be whatever bob felt was his most honest and
best recorded work that caught the original intention and feel that he intended.
But it would be nice to hear the '65/ 66 kenwood demo they both did, if indeed it has survived
, but I doubt that . :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 02:52 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 5th, 2011, 06:05 GMT
Posts: 6421
Location: One Too Many Mornings and 1000 Miles Behind
I'd love to come across a live recording of "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?" or a studio recording of "Tell Me Momma"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 02:55 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 5831
Location: in the mystic garden
Hank wrote:
For me it would be a CD--an OFFICIAL CD, released in the US and not as an import--pulling together all of the assorted tracks unavailable (or impossible to find) on CD: "Band of the Hand", the "Freewheelin'" promo tracks, "Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground", the 1975 version of "People Get Ready", the alternate take of "Lay Lady Lay", "Twas The Night Before Christmas", and so on and so forth.

Your 'Holy Grail' is a collection of already released material easily found on the internet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 03:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat December 10th, 2011, 15:23 GMT
Posts: 248
I would like to hear the December 1973 rehearsals for the 1974 tour. Dylan and The Band got together in LA for a week and ran through all the songs, including a bunch that didn't make the set list. What's interesting about those tapes is that Dylan was more laid back, not yelling like he did during most of the 1974 shows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 09:33 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 281
The complete Bromberg sessions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 10:56 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 6th, 2006, 05:56 GMT
Posts: 104
Nightingale's Code wrote:
Hank wrote:
For me it would be a CD--an OFFICIAL CD, released in the US and not as an import--pulling together all of the assorted tracks unavailable (or impossible to find) on CD: "Band of the Hand", the "Freewheelin'" promo tracks, "Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground", the 1975 version of "People Get Ready", the alternate take of "Lay Lady Lay", "Twas The Night Before Christmas", and so on and so forth.

Your 'Holy Grail' is a collection of already released material easily found on the internet?

Did you miss the part where I specifically stated it that it be "an official CD, released in the US and not as an import", and not a bunch of bootleg MP3 rips?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 13:56 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 281
Hank wrote:
Nightingale's Code wrote:
[quote="Hank"]For me it would be a CD--an OFFICIAL CD, released in the US and not as an import--pulling together all of the assorted tracks unavailable (or impossible to find) on CD: "Band of the Hand", the "Freewheelin'" promo tracks, "Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground", the 1975 version of "People Get Ready", the alternate take of "Lay Lady Lay", "Twas The Night Before Christmas", and so on and so forth.

Your 'Holy Grail' is a collection of already released material easily found on the internet?

Did you miss the part where I specifically stated it that it be "an official CD, released in the US and not as an import", and not a bunch of bootleg MP3 rips?[/quote]I agree with this. I thought 'Side Tracks' was going to be that collection, but it' woefully incomplete. Sony should compile ALL the non-album singles, b-sides, soundtrack songs, tribute album tracks, etc., into a series of comprehensive CDs, probably grouped by 'era'.

Won't happen of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's the
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 14:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 811
mjmooney wrote:
I thought 'Side Tracks' was going to be that collection, but it' woefully incomplete. Sony should compile ALL the non-album singles, b-sides, soundtrack songs, tribute album tracks, etc., into a series of comprehensive CDs, probably grouped by 'era'.

Yes. Yes they should


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's the
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 14:22 GMT 

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2016, 17:01 GMT
Posts: 213
wormington wrote:
mjmooney wrote:
I thought 'Side Tracks' was going to be that collection, but it' woefully incomplete. Sony should compile ALL the non-album singles, b-sides, soundtrack songs, tribute album tracks, etc., into a series of comprehensive CDs, probably grouped by 'era'.

Yes. Yes they should


And they should tie it up with a nice ribbon, send Jeff Rosen and a chimp to deliver it personally to every true fan, and include a coupon for a free dinner at Applebee's, drinks included. Otherwise they're off my Christmas card list!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 19:32 GMT 

Joined: Mon January 9th, 2006, 09:01 GMT
Posts: 3083
Location: Manchester UK
At this stage a good album of new songs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri September 8th, 2017, 21:14 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu March 31st, 2016, 17:53 GMT
Posts: 162
Location: SF, CA
Warren Peace wrote:
Bob apparently previewed the BOTT songs to anyone who would listen well before he stepped into the studio. My unattainable Holy Grail would be a collection of all those private performances, many of which were said to be quite different from the final product. Almost as unrealistic would be a full record of the Desire club gigs -- At the time, "Isis" was supposedly like "Visions of Johanna". "Abandoned Love" represents the one tape we do have. Imagine the other songs played in such a setting. Mind-blowing!


I'm with Warren. If those existed they would almost certainly be my most listened to music ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat September 9th, 2017, 00:34 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 21st, 2011, 19:55 GMT
Posts: 7383
Location: Merry Christmas & missin' The Mirror Girl
Reading through this, I like how a lot of requests have been filled :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: plantingtrees, twistedpin


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group