Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 09:35 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat August 19th, 2017, 11:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

My impression is that it's been circulating in one of these cliquey elitist private collectors circles, and the strict no sharing policy is coming from them rather than Bob's people.

PostPosted: Sat August 19th, 2017, 11:57 GMT 

Would ER heed to their demands as they did, if that were the case?
Its one of the most anticipated pieces of footage we've been waiting for and it doesn't even have its own thread hERe.

PostPosted: Sat August 19th, 2017, 11:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

escapeedrifter wrote:
Would ER heed to their demands as they did, if that were the case?
Its one of the most anticipated pieces of footage we've been waiting for and it doesn't even have its own thread hERe.

That's a very good point...

PostPosted: Sun August 20th, 2017, 00:21 GMT 

In all fairness if ERs stance on the matter is for it not to be posted hERe, I fully accept as a member this rule. I disagree to a point but Im a member of this great forum and accept it. I dont condone anyone breaking the rules set hERe.

PostPosted: Mon August 21st, 2017, 11:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

TheBobDylanFanClub wrote:
I spoke with the person that posted the clip. It was a private copy. The poster had it published privately on YouTube, but accidentally made it public for a brief time.

Cat's outta the bag & horses have left the barn.
What's done is done. Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon August 21st, 2017, 16:57 GMT 

Oh bother - missed the boat. Not paying attention. :(

PostPosted: Mon August 21st, 2017, 20:28 GMT 
Site Owner

I just deleted another link. Please stop posting them. I want this forum to last.

Karl Erik

PostPosted: Tue August 22nd, 2017, 21:09 GMT 

Can we please respect Karl Erik

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 07:44 GMT 

Karl Erik wrote:
I just deleted another link. Please stop posting them. I want this forum to last.

Karl Erik

On todays front page there is a link to an ebay store, dylan shrine. I couldnt access the link so i went to the ebay store manually. Surely its not the same site that has wolftrap cd for sale?

If any link needs deleted its that one.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 07:50 GMT 
Site Owner

If one person buys a CD, it's hardly the same as if droves perform a download.

ke

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 08:28 GMT 

Ok, i thought it was respecting the tapers by not promoting the sale of boots here. The front page has a link to buy, yes buy, the rome intrrviews, geniune live 66 and loads more. If thats not a joke i dont ken what is, at least no one was trying to make money from the musicares amateur footage.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 13:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Seems pretty clear to me that the person who owns this site and has been running it for our benefit for 20-something years feels it's unsafe to post that particular content. I'm not sure what else we should need to know.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 13:26 GMT 

While at the same time promoting the sale of boots on the front page. Theres even a dvd of bobs 2009 tour for the pricely sum of over 100 pounds on the ebay dylan store advertised on expecting rain. But as said above, someone buying a cd dosent make much difference, maybe the tapers might disagree.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 14:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

Shunning all bootleg sellers is a completely different issue from paying attention to direct or indirect communications from Dylan's mgmt, who could shut this whole place down or at the very least make life very difficult for the owner. You are welcome to start your own webpage and handle those issues any way you like. Some people collect bootlegs, the rest of us can download them for free. A little gratitude should be in order.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 15:08 GMT 

I dont want to keep arguing the point. 2 videos of bob dylan are out there, 2 amateur shot vids, one can hardly be spoken of here and certainly not posted here, thats fine. But why is the other, 2009 tour footage availiable as a link to buy on here? This 2nd dvd and all other bootlegs on that ebay page are not only shunning the tapers wishes but directly going against what every taper asks. Im not saying you should go against sonys wishes as such. But i would be more inclined to worry about the threat from tapers than from sony who need our money at the end of the day. Anytime anyone condones selling bootlegs, gratitude is the last word on my mind.

The dvd in question as posted on the front page.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/263165469806?_mwBanner=1

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 16:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

The point continues to elude you. I don't know this for a fact but it certainly SEEMS that while Dylan, Inc. begrudgingly accepts concert bootlegs they are taking a strong stand to keep the MusiCares speech from circulating. They could shut this site, or parts of it, down if they chose to and the owner is asking this video not be shared because he "wants the forum to last".

Use your head.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 17:09 GMT 

Smoke I agree on that, I said as much a few posts back, about respecting the sites rules. A while back ER had a bit of difficulty with some tapers if you will remember. Their simple wishes, were not being met. So for a while the forum was slightly crippled. I respect the wishes of the tapers as I do Dylan inc, though in this case, the site has respected Dylan inc and completely ignored the tapers and its own guidelines. Im not here to argue with a man who's run a forum as good as this one for so many years so there's nothing more for me to say.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 17:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

smoke wrote:
Seems pretty clear to me that the person who owns this site and has been running it for our benefit for 20-something years feels it's unsafe to post that particular content. I'm not sure what else we should need to know.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon August 28th, 2017, 19:07 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:
smoke wrote:

Exactly.

I'm also having a case of the zacklees.

PostPosted: Tue August 29th, 2017, 10:19 GMT 

Maybe someone has pointed out this before, but anyway I will do it again. There is a big difference between a concert bootleg or a bootleg from the MusiCares show. The "copyright holder" of recordings from normal concerts are of course Bob Dylan himself and his company. If they chose to stop the bootleg business they could have done so. Years ago the record companies did a lot to stop that business, but it was difficult and slowly more and more artists/record companies understood that the people who were buying bootlegs are also buying the official releases, and that fo an artist to be released on a bootleg was more like an honor to the artist than a rip off. If you take a look at a download site for concert recordings like Dimeadozen you will find out that they have a policy that every artist that don't want them to put up recordings from their concerts can just tell them to stop doing it, and they will do so. Very few artists do that, because they know this is good advertising. But, the MusiCares is something very different. The purpose of that arrangement is not to earn money for the artists that's performing or the ones who get the price each year - the purpose is to get money to a good purpose. That's something very different. Another difference is that the different performers on the Tribute concert belongs to different music companies, and who can decide on behalf of all of them.

PostPosted: Fri September 1st, 2017, 03:13 GMT 

sunset wrote:
Maybe someone has pointed out this before, but anyway I will do it again. There is a big difference between a concert bootleg or a bootleg from the MusiCares show. The "copyright holder" of recordings from normal concerts are of course Bob Dylan himself and his company. If they chose to stop the bootleg business they could have done so. Years ago the record companies did a lot to stop that business, but it was difficult and slowly more and more artists/record companies understood that the people who were buying bootlegs are also buying the official releases, and that fo an artist to be released on a bootleg was more like an honor to the artist than a rip off. If you take a look at a download site for concert recordings like Dimeadozen you will find out that they have a policy that every artist that don't want them to put up recordings from their concerts can just tell them to stop doing it, and they will do so. Very few artists do that, because they know this is good advertising. But, the MusiCares is something very different. The purpose of that arrangement is not to earn money for the artists that's performing or the ones who get the price each year - the purpose is to get money to a good purpose. That's something very different. Another difference is that the different performers on the Tribute concert belongs to different music companies, and who can decide on behalf of all of them.

Dylan actually did that a year or so back, and reversed it like a week later. Dylan and company are obviously aware concerts are being bootlegged, and while his stance is he doesn't approve of it, he obviously doesn't care enough to stop it.

PostPosted: Fri September 1st, 2017, 11:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

Something I noticed while watching this, Jimmy Carter build houses better than he speaks these days.

PostPosted: Fri September 1st, 2017, 15:36 GMT 

Havent dylans company used bootleg recording of more recent shows, tell tales signs have a few i thought and the early original official dylan site had loads to download.

PostPosted: Sun September 17th, 2017, 03:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

goodnitesteve wrote:
Something I noticed while watching this, Jimmy Carter build houses better than he speaks these days.

Seriously? The dude's in his 90's and fighting cancer.
Thought he did a pretty good job!

PostPosted: Thu November 9th, 2017, 19:02 GMT 

Just noticed a thread with the link and posted that moderators will probably remove it (and I think they did)....but now it's on the homepage??? Has something changed?....grave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next