Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 20:16 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon July 31st, 2017, 03:23 GMT 

New informations by Bob Porco (original poster of the video and the informations of the blog) after I posted a revised version with 1976 pictures for the song:

Quote:
Rehearsal, yes. Not in possession of Mike or Bob Porco and not from Gerdes. Probably somewhere in time between Ft. Collins and Utah. Enjoy what exists here! What I heard was definitely NOT ready for prime time. Pretty in its own way.

PostPosted: Mon July 31st, 2017, 03:27 GMT 
Promethium Member

Damn tantalizing fragment, that's for sure. I wonder if Dylan will be in the Mike Porco doc., that would be nice. Maybe that video session after the European tour was for this?

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 01:05 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
Expecting Rain is asleep at the wheel.

http://folkcityatfifty.blogspot.no/2017 ... e.html?m=1

The blog post appears to have been deleted / taken down.

The YouTube video is still up.

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 08:18 GMT 

Fantastic that this has came out, just makes me want more.

kuddukan wrote:
kuddukan wrote:
Expecting Rain is asleep at the wheel.

http://folkcityatfifty.blogspot.no/2017 ... e.html?m=1

The blog post appears to have been deleted / taken down.

The YouTube video is still up.

I hope some-one downloads the YT video before i gets taken down.

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 14:27 GMT 

Youtube video is gone and I missed it!

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 14:40 GMT 

The cat is out of the proverbial bag

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 17:24 GMT 

TimeandTempo wrote:
Youtube video is gone and I missed it!

fear not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZL3-gi_nI

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 09:39 GMT 

Following several direct messages by Bob Porco, I will delete the video before the end of the day.

Here is his comment (I redacted some parts):
"Thank you for being open to discussion. I, too, think we should hear these things.but... I STOLE IT from a trusted friend who works for [...]. He is at SERIOUS RISK of losing credibility and trust. [...] I take all responsibility for ''leaking'' this and I cannot bear to lose this friend [...]. This is not his recording. he was sharing it in good faith and I ran away with it. You have stumbled upon something of Bob's and he owns it and I'm begging that you save my friend. I am young enough to take the blame and move on. I x up. Please help. Thank you."

Consequently, ER should also delete the file in the rare recordings section in order to preserve Bob Porco's source. If you want to listen to the song, you can download my video before 6pm (UTC+1). Thank you.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZL3-gi_nI

It might be even necessary to delete the topic after that so to be sure no harm is being done.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 10:59 GMT 

I doubt much would save the friendship now :P
Poor guy really fecked up by allowing people to so publicly "stumble across" this.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 11:28 GMT 

BobDylan66 wrote:
Following several direct messages by Bob Porco, I will delete the video before the end of the day.

Here is his comment (I redacted some parts):
"Thank you for being open to discussion. I, too, think we should hear these things.but... I STOLE IT from a trusted friend who works for [...]. He is at SERIOUS RISK of losing credibility and trust. [...] I take all responsibility for ''leaking'' this and I cannot bear to lose this friend [...]. This is not his recording. he was sharing it in good faith and I ran away with it. You have stumbled upon something of Bob's and he owns it and I'm begging that you save my friend. I am young enough to take the blame and move on. I x up. Please help. Thank you."

Consequently, ER should also delete the file in the rare recordings section in order to preserve Bob Porco's source. If you want to listen to the song, you can download my video before 6pm (UTC+1). Thank you.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEZL3-gi_nI

It might be even necessary to delete the topic after that so to be sure no harm is being done.

Looks like it already got killed.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:03 GMT 

I had to delete it sooner than expected since Mr Porco insisted I do it right away and don't waste any time. Sorry for the inconvenience. At least we know it exists. Hope it doesn't circulate more than it did.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:12 GMT 

Why?

I guess someone is gaming with us.

When he decided to leak this fragment... he did that thing for some reason... Or was he bored and then he decided to leak an old hided record just to kill the time?

What it is all about?

Last edited by Senyor Timbaler on Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:21 GMT, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:13 GMT 

Sorry, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle.
Once it is out, it is out.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:23 GMT 
Mercury Member

I'm glad I got it while I could, and sad that I will not be able to share it with anyone, ever, due to my moral obligation to myself and Porco, and of course Bob. In fact I have half a mind to delete it and burn my computer in shame.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:25 GMT 

What's done is done. The clip has been distributed all over the world.

I think we know the source now, which we even guessed before. I wonder if this incident will tighten up security at the archive? I would have thought the security would already be pretty good. Obviously the measures they have in place are not secure enough - but I bet they will be going forward.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:32 GMT 

There are a lot of reasons to leak this thing.

Sony/Columbia is using Porco to do an undercover promotion of a further release.

Or he is trying to negotiate a good price for some tapes he possesses.

Or a bunch of another reasons you can imagine.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 12:54 GMT 

To be clear, the tape, according to Mr. Porco, came from Dylan's office. I don't think it's an undercover promotion, there are better ways to do so than leaking a poorly rehearsed snippet of a track to get people excited (video, photos, etc.). And if they wanted to hype something, why not focusing on what is expected to be released (Gospel for 2017, BOTT for 2018)? Gospel for instance needs a lot more promotion since it doesn't interest much the Dylan crowd compared to other periods. It was certainly just a dumb mistake and Bob Porco's friend is in a difficult situation following this "leak".

Also, it's way too early to hype a end-of-a-year release. We are at the beginning of August, everyone's on vacation. Few people will pay attention. If they want to leak something, better do it at the end of the month or in September.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 13:04 GMT 

When people fly too close to the sun, it's never wise to try to get even closer

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 13:39 GMT 

Dylan fan commandment #16423: thou shalt publicly condemn 'Lily, Rosemary & The Jack Of Hearts' as the one song on 'Blood On The Tracks' you skip all the time, only to perform carthweels of ecstasy when vague rumours of a live version recorded on a potato begin to circulate.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 13:58 GMT 
Mercury Member

McG wrote:
Dylan fan commandment #16423: thou shalt publicly condemn 'Lily, Rosemary & The Jack Of Hearts' as the one song on 'Blood On The Tracks' you skip all the time, only to perform carthweels of ecstasy when vague rumours of a live version recorded on a potato begin to circulate.

I suppose it is a bit like steaks - you can have 'well done' or you can have 'rare' but having both at the same time is extremely unusual.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:25 GMT 

McG wrote:

It's good that the clip is short. Bob or no Bob, I'm not sitting through ten minutes of Joan Baez singing that song.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:43 GMT 

It's not the sixties. Times have changed. Does any one really care if a few minute fragment of a rehearsal circulates amongst the couple of hundred people on the planet who have even the remotest interest in listening to it? As for skipping the track on BOOT tracks, never; it's a highlight of the album for me, great lyric; great vocal.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:47 GMT 

bobfan wrote:
It's not the sixties. Times have changed. Does any one really care if a few minute fragment of a rehearsal circulates amongst the couple of hundred people on the planet who have even the remotest interest in listening to it? As for skipping the track on BOOT tracks, never; it's a highlight of the album for me, great lyric; great vocal.

Good man.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:58 GMT 

bobfan wrote:

Wow, I'm in a really elite club. Thanks for reminding me.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 16:01 GMT 

bobfan wrote:

never understood the bad reputation this song has. masterful track, love it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next