Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue December 12th, 2017, 06:42 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 132  Next
PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 10:57 GMT 

Not Dark Yet, album version

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 13:21 GMT 

Mr. Tambourine Man Berkeley 1995 sublime 8)

PostPosted: Tue August 1st, 2017, 13:51 GMT 

One Too Many Mornings

PostPosted: Wed August 2nd, 2017, 07:29 GMT 
Senior Moderator

On A Night Like This

PostPosted: Wed August 2nd, 2017, 11:51 GMT 

Jim B. wrote:

So there is a good, or even "sublime" version of Tambourine Man performed during the NET? Would love to hear it. Forgive me, I'm certainly no expert on the Never Ending Tour but was just thinking the other day when someone posted a version from the late 90's maybe in another thread and I thought I don't remember ever hearing a good, let alone "sublime" version of this song in the last 25-30 years...maybe even much longer than that. Maybe there have been many, I have no idea...and it's all subjective anyway I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed August 2nd, 2017, 23:00 GMT 

Blood In My Eyes.

PostPosted: Wed August 2nd, 2017, 23:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Tim Finnegan wrote:
Jim B. wrote:

So there is a good, or even "sublime" version of Tambourine Man performed during the NET? Would love to hear it. Forgive me, I'm certainly no expert on the Never Ending Tour but was just thinking the other day when someone posted a version from the late 90's maybe in another thread and I thought I don't remember ever hearing a good, let alone "sublime" version of this song in the last 25-30 years...maybe even much longer than that. Maybe there have been many, I have no idea...and it's all subjective anyway I suppose.

Fukuoka 2001 is "sublime" too

PostPosted: Wed August 2nd, 2017, 23:35 GMT 

Tim Finnegan wrote:
Jim B. wrote:

as you noted,
sublimity is in the ear of the hearer

and
Quote:
Re: Which Dylan Song Are You Listening To Right Now?
did you say?

right now i'm hearing the sublime
angelina
https://vimeo.com/213869164/recommended

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 05:05 GMT 

Positively 4th Street gets better with every play

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 07:35 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Spirit On The Water

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 07:47 GMT 

Tim Finnegan wrote:
Jim B. wrote:

15th March 2000, Santa Cruz! Highest recommendation.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J710F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 12:18 GMT 

All Along The Watchtower.

https://youtu.be/61HiO2FUaYM

no date or venue listed, of course...

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 12:23 GMT 

depp91 wrote:
Tim Finnegan wrote:

15th March 2000, Santa Cruz! Highest recommendation.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J710F mit Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll look that one up later.
This guy above didn't want a recommendation, as I clearly stated I was loving Berkeley 1995; he just wanted to kill my enthusiasm for the performance by mocking me, one will see if reading his post again. I don't understand that...why bother me from enjoying a show, a song? Makes no sense at all.

I go on Springsteen boards, and if you say ANYTHING negative you get ragged on, to put it very mildly.
Here I got bothered for LOVING a version of a song - ?!?!??????

Reminds me of the last time I saw Bob, and this former "friend", who could clearly see me enjoying Desolation Row, yells into my ear "I HATE TO SEE BOB DESTROYING DESOLATION ROW!"
I was like "I'm trying to ENJOY this!"...she wrecked the show for me and one other person with us...

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 17:17 GMT 

To Ramona, Brixton, 11/20/05

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 18:28 GMT 

Jim B. wrote:
This guy above didn't want a recommendation, as I clearly stated I was loving Berkeley 1995; he just wanted to kill my enthusiasm for the performance by mocking me, one will see if reading his post again. I don't understand that...why bother me from enjoying a show, a song? Makes no sense at all.

I go on Springsteen boards, and if you say ANYTHING negative you get ragged on, to put it very mildly.

Reminds me of the last time I saw Bob, and this former "friend", who could clearly see me enjoying Desolation Row, yells into my ear "I HATE TO SEE BOB DESTROYING DESOLATION ROW!"
I was like "I'm trying to ENJOY this!"...she wrecked the show for me and one other person with us...

Well, there are certainly people around here who don't like the NET and don't like the stuff Dylan put out during the recent decades. And that's totally fine. Personally, I don't think Tim Finnegan was mocking you, I guess he was merely questioning the fact that Dylan delivered a sublime version of Mr Tambourine Man during the NET and added that it's all subjective anyway. That's totally fine, I would say. And I can even understand that position because Dylan's NET output is much more scattershot than anything that came before. Some NET recordings I treasure other people would deem unlistenable. The point is: If you cherish a certain performance and it touches you and gives you a sense of fulfillment - don't let other people ruin it for you because they see something very different in it. They might treasure a piece of music that you don't care for at all. Still, they're allowed to voice their opinion. But that shouldn't reduce your enjoyment of it at all.

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 18:57 GMT 

Ballad of a thin man - live from Manchester 5/17/66

PostPosted: Sat August 12th, 2017, 14:20 GMT 

depp91 wrote:
Jim B. wrote:

Well, there are certainly people around here who don't like the NET and don't like the stuff Dylan put out during the recent decades. And that's totally fine. Personally, I don't think Tim Finnegan was mocking you, I guess he was merely questioning the fact that Dylan delivered a sublime version of Mr Tambourine Man during the NET and added that it's all subjective anyway. That's totally fine, I would say. And I can even understand that position because Dylan's NET output is much more scattershot than anything that came before. Some NET recordings I treasure other people would deem unlistenable. The point is: If you cherish a certain performance and it touches you and gives you a sense of fulfillment - don't let other people ruin it for you because they see something very different in it. They might treasure a piece of music that you don't care for at all. Still, they're allowed to voice their opinion. But that shouldn't reduce your enjoyment of it at all.

Oh okay, I thought I...well I don't know if I initially feel I was being mocked or not, I guess I did, I just know I thought "I love this so much, why is this person wanting to wreck it for me?" you know? I just wanted the right to enjoy what I was enjoying without being told "seriously? etc"...yes everyone has a right to voice their opinions....I'll admit though, it took a little while for me to go back to loving the Berkeley performances again....doubt is just put in my head too easily...questioning things...
and yes we won't all agree on recordings and that's fine...
I understand how some don't like the NET and some have cut-off years and, certain years or periods they like and don't like...
Perhaps I shouldn't have responded that way, but I literally avoided coming to this thread because I didn't want any enjoyment I had for anything spoiled, ha ha....
thank you for your kind reply.
yeah right now someone - how ironic, it was me wondering what was the best version of One Too Many Mornings that turned me onto the '95 Berkeley show on here...
and now I was just listening to the song, a bonus track on Brixton 2005 night 3....7/21/05 Vancouver B.C.
Anyway thank you for the explanation and I'm sorry for my previous response and I appreciate the understanding.
Peace.

PostPosted: Sat August 12th, 2017, 14:27 GMT 

carrying on the thread...

Down In The Flood, 10/20/05 Sweden

PostPosted: Sun August 13th, 2017, 18:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

it ain't me babe - 1965
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54dxt6

PostPosted: Sun August 13th, 2017, 23:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

watered down love

PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 00:50 GMT 

Rambling Gambling Willie

PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 04:10 GMT 

Hurricane, outtake version from the 4th Desire session, 7/30/75 (Abandoned Desire)

PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 07:58 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Narrow Way

PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 00:53 GMT 

It's All Over Baby Blue from Border Beneath The Sun! :D

7/6/78

PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 00:56 GMT 

Tangled Up In Blue, same show...this is the greatest! I've heard this show before but OMG...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 132  Next