Ah, yes, back to a smaller venue!

Previous 2017 shows:
28 Europe
13 North America
----
41 Total 2017

---
Bob Dylan and His Band tour coming to Barrie Molson Centre

BARRIE — Barrie and area fans of rock and folk music legend Bob Dylan will have an opportunity to see him at the Barrie Molson Centre in July.

The Bob Dylan and His Band North American tour hits the BMC on Sunday, July 2.

Show time is 8 p.m.

Other southern Ontario dates include stops in Toronto, London, Kingston, Oshawa and Ottawa.

Dylan's three-disc album, Triplicate, which features covers of classic American songs, was released March 31.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2017/0 ... son-centre

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 05:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

Next on deck!

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 11:31 GMT 

I will be in the Molson Centre - my first show since 2014 in Minneapolis! I am very excited, to say the least. And if I get the exact same setlist as last night's show in Montréal, I will be hearing only 8 of the 19 songs I heard back then.

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 12:05 GMT 

WiseJake237 wrote:
I will be in the Molson Centre - my first show since 2014 in Minneapolis! I am very excited, to say the least. And if I get the exact same setlist as last night's show in Montréal, I will be hearing only 8 of the 19 songs I heard back then.

Have a fantastic show!!

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 14:46 GMT 

Never been to Canada. Wish I could go to this concert. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 21:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hard Rain wrote:

Just left Canada. Also wish I could go to this concert!

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 22:00 GMT 

In Chicago for a black tie wedding. The Dead are also in town for a multi-night tour closing stand at Wrigley Field. City is literally being overrun by Deadheads. It's actually something to behold, as well as obviously being sort of sad to watch a bunch of 60 year olds on drugs (with their kids and grandkids in tow in many cases) stumble through the Gold Coast. Anyway, just ran into Bill Walton at the bar in the Four Seasons. I'm in a tuxedo waiting to head to the Chicago History Museum; he's in jeans and a tye dye about to head to night 2. Phenomenally nice guy and a huge Dylan fan.

Abe

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 22:24 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Hard Rain wrote:

Just left Canada. Also wish I could go to this concert!

"you're in my blood like holy wine, you taste so bitter and so sweet......"

Joni Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 22:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still I'd be on my feet, I would still be on my feet...

PostPosted: Sun July 2nd, 2017, 05:08 GMT 
Titanium Member

aberhwy61 wrote:
In Chicago for a black tie wedding. The Dead are also in town for a multi-night tour closing stand at Wrigley Field. City is literally being overrun by Deadheads. It's actually something to behold, as well as obviously being sort of sad to watch a bunch of 60 year olds on drugs (with their kids and grandkids in tow in many cases) stumble through the Gold Coast. Anyway, just ran into Bill Walton at the bar in the Four Seasons. I'm in a tuxedo waiting to head to the Chicago History Museum; he's in jeans and a tye dye about to head to night 2. Phenomenally nice guy and a huge Dylan fan.

Abe

F'ING POST OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN FROM THE MAN ABE - ALWAYS FRONT ROW TO LIFE, FRONT ROW TO NOW

PostPosted: Sun July 2nd, 2017, 05:27 GMT 
Promethium Member

aberhwy61 wrote:
In Chicago... just ran into Bill Walton at the bar in the Four Seasons. I'm in a tuxedo waiting to head to the Chicago History Museum; he's in jeans and a tye dye about to head to night 2. Phenomenally nice guy and a huge Dylan fan.
Abe

From experience, always best to stand beside him and not behind him at a show.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 01:08 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
aberhwy61 wrote:
In Chicago... just ran into Bill Walton at the bar in the Four Seasons. I'm in a tuxedo waiting to head to the Chicago History Museum; he's in jeans and a tye dye about to head to night 2. Phenomenally nice guy and a huge Dylan fan.
Abe

From experience, always best to stand beside him and not behind him at a show.

:lol: Yep. Been there. Beside him, not behind him thankfully.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 01:54 GMT 

Barrie, Ontario
Barrie Molson Centre
July 2, 2017

1. Things Have Changed
2. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right (Bob did not play guitar)
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Why Try To Change Me Now
5. Summer Days
6. Make You Feel My Love
7. Duquesne Whistle
8. Melancholy Mood
9. Stormy Weather
10. Pay In Blood
11. Once Upon A Time
12. Tangled Up In Blue
13. Early Roman Kings
14. Desolation Row
15. Soon After Midnight
16. That Old Black Magic
17. Long And Wasted Years
18. Autumn Leaves

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thanks to Jayne Watson for the phone call and Hermann Rechberger for the email.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 02:12 GMT 

So many questions fill his fragile eggshell mind...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 02:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

aberhwy61 wrote:

Abe

I sadly boarded a plane the day the Dead came to town. really sad I missed the weekend my town turned grateful for a weekend. I loved the scene that fare thee well brought into the city.

But there's a bar band fusing phish Pink Floyd and talking heads at a cape cod bar I'm interested in trying to make happen this week.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 03:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

Good to see Jayne Watson back on the scene.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 05:01 GMT 

Another great show from Bob! The setlist may be static, but Bob and the band are giving high quality performances. I thought Desolation Row and Long and Wasted Years were especially strong at this show. As well, the performance of Autumn Leaves was excellent.

On the way to this show I saw the following while stopped at a red light. I thought it might be a sign that this song would be played at the concert. :wink: But, alas, no... It's a shame about the garbage can in the picture... although, having a place to put litter is a wonderful thing. :)

This store isn't too far from me... I'll have to go shop there sometime.

Attachment:
IMG_0730a.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 06:02 GMT 

tendril wrote:
Another great show from Bob! ... Bob and the band are giving high quality performances. I thought Desolation Row especially strong
Niiccee, plzz post here if you have DR audio for Barrie

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 12:05 GMT 

I know everyone says this, but what a great show. From the start, it felt much different than the last show I witnessed in 2014. Things Have Changed was a dramatic opener - Bob was hurling the lyrics out at the audience, while he banged away at the piano and the band drove a relentless beat underneath. Other songs like Highway 61 Revisited and Summer Days also lit the place on fire early on. Once Upon a Time was the highlight of the standards for me, Stormy Weather was also very good, although it started out a little rough. Early Roman Kings, Desolation Row, Soon After Midnight, That Old Black Magic - just perfect. The show was both mystifying and powerful, just as I would have hoped. We made our way towards the front during the encore and I got a close look at Bob and the band for the first time. Let's just say it's not something I'll forget anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 12:12 GMT 

WiseJake237 wrote:
I know everyone says this, but what a great show. From the start, it felt much different than the last show I witnessed in 2014. Things Have Changed was a dramatic opener - Bob was hurling the lyrics out at the audience, while he banged away at the piano and the band drove a relentless beat underneath. Other songs like Highway 61 Revisited and Summer Days also lit the place on fire early on. Once Upon a Time was the highlight of the standards for me, Stormy Weather was also very good, although it started out a little rough. Early Roman Kings, Desolation Row, Soon After Midnight, That Old Black Magic - just perfect. The show was both mystifying and powerful, just as I would have hoped. We made our way towards the front during the encore and I got a close look at Bob and the band for the first time. Let's just say it's not something I'll forget anytime soon.

I felt exactly the same in Montreal.. I don't know what's up with Bob these days, but he is clearly enjoying himself and his shows are fantastic, (mystifying and powerful, well said my friend ). Better than they were 10 years ago. Maybe he is thinking about retiring but first he wants to give us the time of our lives ? :roll: .......

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 23:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bob doesn't seem like the retiring type.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 23:34 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Bob doesn't seem like the retiring type.

yeah... I know. :wink: So I guess he's just a great performer with an upsurge of energy these days :lol:

PostPosted: Tue July 11th, 2017, 17:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

tendril wrote:
Another great show from Bob! The setlist may be static, but Bob and the band are giving high quality performances. I thought Desolation Row and Long and Wasted Years were especially strong at this show. As well, the performance of Autumn Leaves was excellent.

On the way to this show I saw the following while stopped at a red light. I thought it might be a sign that this song would be played at the concert. :wink: But, alas, no... It's a shame about the garbage can in the picture... although, having a place to put litter is a wonderful thing. :)

This store isn't too far from me... I'll have to go shop there sometime.

Attachment:
IMG_0730a.jpg

I heard employees throwing their apron down and walking out on a shift is a common occurrence there.
And they often kick the can over on their way out