Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun October 22nd, 2017, 15:26 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 21:07 GMT 
Promethium Member

MrJudasPriest wrote:
If the lady who heard them could even let us know if the track lengths struck her in any way as being lengthy or not, that would give us a clue

She's most likely done. Bad girl.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 22:46 GMT 

Fair Play wrote:
from shipscomesin original post
'Apparently the (intense) sessions went on for three days and nights with Dylan and the band recording a wide range of songs'

That doesn't sound like Gospel covers or more Standards. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something more interesting.

I still think that at Ardmore Studios Bob and the band ran through the basic April/May setlist (and repeated parts thereof) several times for the movie cameras, in order to capture video material for (online) promotion of a 2017 live album due for release in early 2018.

The possibility of Bob recording a new studio album of new material (originals or covers) on the tail end of a tour, in three days, in front of movie cameras with movie people milling about is EXTREMELY unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 00:15 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
Fair Play wrote:
from shipscomesin original post
'Apparently the (intense) sessions went on for three days and nights with Dylan and the band recording a wide range of songs'

That doesn't sound like Gospel covers or more Standards. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something more interesting.

I still think that at Ardmore Studios Bob and the band ran through the basic April/May setlist (and repeated parts thereof) several times for the movie cameras, in order to capture video material for (online) promotion of a 2017 live album due for release in early 2018.

The possibility of Bob recording a new studio album of new material (originals or covers) on the tail end of a tour, in three days, in front of movie cameras with movie people milling about is EXTREMELY unlikely.

What is leading you to think that Bob is releasing a 2017 live album? Anything other than the original post?

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 06:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

you guys :lol: - glad to share bob torment with you all

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 06:25 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:

I agree. If Dylan has recorded an album, it most likely would have been in December, when making the Nobel Prize ceremony was "impossible". This could have been something else entirely, or footage shot to promote the release of said album.

Three days and nights of shooting does seem extravagant for this though. I'm starting to think it's a video special, perhaps to be released as a bonus DVD, similar to what he did with Modern Times. Or perhaps it does in fact have something to do with gathering recordings and footage of the current set list to be released as a live album, something which I think most people here would detest, seeing as we already have access to tapes from a lot of these shows.

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 07:14 GMT 

This new play - written by an Irish playwright with Bob's blessing and permission to use whatever music he wishes- features "hidden gems you've never heard before"

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40381445

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 08:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

Interesting. Wonder if that means songs that the general public has never heard (but stuff we've all heard in bootlegs and the likes), or completely new stuff that nobody has heard.

Also I never would have called True Love Tends To Forget as one of his "hits" to be listed with Like a Rolling Stone!

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 08:40 GMT 

MrJudasPriest wrote:
This new play - written by an Irish playwright with Bob's blessing and permission to use whatever music he wishes- features "hidden gems you've never heard before"

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40381445

I didnt know this play was on, Im in london the weekend of the 8th of July but already booked a show if i knew about this i would have went along

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 08:57 GMT 
Senior Moderator

There's ad for the Girl From the North Country on the front page of the forum. If anybody wishes to discuss the topic there's a thread about the play here -

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90460

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 10:12 GMT 

I still don't think it's for the play but it is a possibility. I'm not sure about the live album theory either - intriguing as it is. But let's run with that for a moment. Are you saying the gigs were recorded but need to be spruced up or overdubbed in some way to fix lyrical flubs etc. or do you think some performances were separately recorded and filmed to add in as part of some sort of deluxe version? At least the latter scenario would present real bonus material. In fact, it would be so interesting, why not just market the filmed sessions as the main product and throw in an audio concert as the bonus goodies...

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 10:53 GMT 

This is very interesting to say the least and what the full concept will be is not going to be known
Until an official announcement is made by bobs camp and even then I'm sure it could be
Changed or held back for five decades.
If this filming rumour is true then I'd say the obvious thing would be some sort of collection package
Of cd and DVD of the promo films of the last 3 years mixed with pro shot stuff like letterman, that one man experience show, oldcheller and some from these sessions. as a nice bit of money for bobs Christmas market and to show the wide public that he can still deliver live to help encourage the last few years of touring to still sellout to anyone interested.

My wishful thinking would be that or some sort of tell all film with rare and new footage from the last 80years.

Could just be an extended triplicate with a few live audio tracks and 5 video tracks marketed as a "tour edition"

Either way it's nice that they have filmed bob and co.

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 13:26 GMT 

It just strikes me as too much for some bonus related product? I've become used to the rubbish they tend to tack on to turn this kind of thing into supposedly must have product and Bob and band being filmed by a director flown in from the US over 3 days and nights of "intense" sessions where "loads" of different songs are played sounds like something bigger is in play.

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 17:45 GMT 

Jazznroll wrote:
If this filming rumour is true then I'd say the obvious thing would be some sort of collection package of cd and DVD of the promo films of the last 3 years mixed with pro shot stuff like letterman, that one man experience show, oldcheller and some from these sessions..

I'm sorry, what? What Letterman thing? Was there an official release of Dylan's Letterman shows? Or do you mean what other people have done with their Letterman shows?

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 17:50 GMT 

I think what he means is an official release of Bob's appearances on Letterman.

However, that post you quoted is pure fantasy. In relation to Bob, that is not the "obvious" thing.

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 18:18 GMT 

Inside sources tell me Bob's just rehearsing for the next tour. The reason he had them video the performances was he had scored some new outfits for the band while out shopping in Dublin and wanted to see how they looked in action.

Don't believe me? Here's a snap a little birdie sent me:

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 18:37 GMT 
Senior Moderator

^ :lol: Nice to see Bob and the lads are "mixing it up" and "keeping it real".

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 19:43 GMT 

I think I've seen Donnie's one being worn by the boys on stage before...

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 19:52 GMT 

Down with the kids !! :lol:

moab

PostPosted: Wed June 28th, 2017, 06:18 GMT 

Wonder did they hatch the new Summer Days at these sessions? There hasn't been anything else radically changed that I'm aware of this leg (Stu's noodle aside). Again, hard to see rehearsals for live shows being the answer.

PostPosted: Wed June 28th, 2017, 07:22 GMT 

I dont think youd rehearse for the next tour, when youve only just finished a tour, also the fact that the setlist hasnt radically changed at the start of this tour suggests its something else.

PostPosted: Wed June 28th, 2017, 18:32 GMT 

Anr Bjotk wrote:
Jazznroll wrote:
If this filming rumour is true then I'd say the obvious thing would be some sort of collection package of cd and DVD of the promo films of the last 3 years mixed with pro shot stuff like letterman, that one man experience show, oldcheller and some from these sessions..

I'm sorry, what? What Letterman thing? Was there an official release of Dylan's Letterman shows? Or do you mean what other people have done with their Letterman shows?

The performance of the night we called it a day in 2015 is what I was referring to.

PostPosted: Wed June 28th, 2017, 19:13 GMT 

My sources tell me Dylan taped a Christmas special - very like Christmas in the Heart II, but with video.

Dylan in a rocking chair accompanied by pretty Irish children singing carols. There was also some traditional Irish folk dancing filmed while the band played Lonesome Day Blues.

Will be released world-wide on Boxing Day 2017.

PostPosted: Wed June 28th, 2017, 21:27 GMT 

A follow up to Christmas in the heart would explain why it was recorded so quickly,exciting news

PostPosted: Wed June 28th, 2017, 21:47 GMT 

This was posted a few hours ago on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/EagleRockEnt/p ... =3&theater

EagleRock is a company that puts out videos... maybe this is related?

PostPosted: Thu June 29th, 2017, 03:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

thanks workingmanblues, sounds like a plan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next