Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 10:53 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 17:35 GMT 

dpam wrote:
I got one shot off in the last seconds of the show, before the platoon of side-gig bouncers could pounce.

https://instagram.com/p/BVzWK0jDiAC/

Excellent picture! It's too bad the bouncers make taking a photo a furtive activity.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 17:56 GMT 

smoke wrote:
I'd have to listen again, something about how if you stick him through the storms he'll see you don't get wet. I actually prefer the original, careerist and self-referential as it might be, but hey the changeups are always fun.

That line has been around for a while.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 20:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

aberhwy61 wrote:
kaleidosc0pe wrote:
his piano is facing the crowd now ? when did they change that ?

I don't think it was like that at Port Chester, but I definitely noticed it was like that in Providence a few nights later.

It was like that the night before Providence, in Shelburne, too.
I agree with Sweets...good shot!

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 21:43 GMT 

To those who asked, yes the Piano was much less sideways than I've seen at earlier shows, including at Port Chester last week. Had got a great seat right in front of him (row B) so was disappointed, but view was still good seated, he did turn sideways while singing often, and he stood a lot.

Given the 7-10 feet of empty space between Row A and the stage, I was about the same spot as I was standing GA on first night in Port Chester. I'll say the sound last night was pristine, perfect, loud and clear - far better than Port Chester - surprising for an outdoor venue (with cover but open sides/back. Particularly Bob's voice was standout clear and amazing. It's been a long time since I taped, but wish I would have had my gear. Praying for an excellent copy to come.

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017, 10:11 GMT 

Handsomeinthefog wrote:
dvdunplugged wrote:
Damn fine set list - wish he had ditched a few of those 'old chestnuts' for the European Tour!

How is this different to the recent EU tour? He's exchanged a "TOOM" song for another one and replaced a "TTL" song with one from "L&T" and switched one of the Sinatra tunes otherwise they are identical, no?

Well, Beyond Here Lies Nothing and Spirit On The Water look like they are on a permanent vacation. Would have much preferred to have seen songs like Summer Days and Make You Feel My Love in the set. Also, he ditched Soon After Midnight for Scarlet Town on a couple of occassions. It may be only small changes but it keeps things interesting.
I've no comment on the Sinatra tunes, apart from a few exceptions I'm done with them.