Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun October 22nd, 2017, 01:06 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 04:30 GMT 

Joined: Thu March 26th, 2009, 21:31 GMT
Posts: 212
The venue will be a winner. Still ironing out some things as expected...but really nice setting and setup. In the days of bland outdoor venues, this is certainly a step in the unique direction.

The show found bob in stronger voice than portchester night 2
For me. That being said I still enjoyed portchester 2
Better. Bob did have a little more charge in his step tonight but far more flubs and less adventours plunders. ERK dropped the free form Charlie George changeups but still was very good for ERK. All the Standards worked better tonight too. Good times still and great setting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 05:02 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu December 27th, 2012, 20:36 GMT
Posts: 8467
Location: over the shadows & the rain
thanks Nep
early roman kings best song for me
just got home


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 05:18 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 29th, 2011, 22:01 GMT
Posts: 1422
Location: Morrisville, PA
The last post on a page is the most overlooked post, so I will repeat from my previous:

The posted list for Kingston 24 is wrong.

Tangled Up In Blue was 12, and Early Roman Kings was 13.

Great show....if I had to pick 4 songs, they be;

Highway 61 / Love Sick / Early Roman Kings / Desolation Row.

From the standards, Autumn Leaves always kills......Stormy Weather was very good.....Bob sped up the phrasing in parts of Once Upon A Time which really didn't work for me, but overall it was good.

It never fails to amaze me how good The Boys are......they are so tight, and Bob is SO into it.....I seem to recall someone during the Europe tour saying Bob didnt even seem to be enjoying himself........that's not the Bob I saw tonight.....in fact that's not the Bob I ever can recall seeing.

I would be happy to see this show anytime......and was overjoyed to see it tonite.

Thanks, Bob......Thanks, Band.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 05:38 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu December 27th, 2012, 20:36 GMT
Posts: 8467
Location: over the shadows & the rain
thanks Bob & band
& thanks Chester !
great show
saw Bob smiling &
Donnie & Tony too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 05:50 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 29th, 2011, 22:01 GMT
Posts: 1422
Location: Morrisville, PA
You are right, Alouette. ERK rocked tonite !
Glad you made it home safe.

Regarding the venue:

The shuttle system worked well for us......but better before the show then after.

We arrived at the lot about 6:45.....about 15 people were waiting....by the time the bus got there about 15 minutes later, about 50 were waiting......I think they all made it on our bus.....we got to the venue in about 10 minutes.

The food and drink lines were ridiculous......we found seats to our liking in the last row of the first section, (row 20), in line with Bobs piano......after about 15 minutes I attempted a soda buy for me and the mrs., but soon figured out most the vendor lines were about an hour and the show was starting in 25, so abandoned "operation thirsty".

The after show shuttles seemed fairly well planned, and took us about 40 minutes to catch a ride, but unfortunately it rained just after the show ended, which I don't think anyone expected, so we all go it drenched........even so, we were actually lucky that it didn't rain hard.

They have to fix the food and drink vendor situation, but overall I thought they did well.

I wish I had known more about the venue in advance....,.so we could have made some better choices and raised our overall experience level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 06:41 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 14th, 2006, 18:43 GMT
Posts: 5365
thanks so much chester you bring a box full of kittens good news :) happy summer bob friend

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 06:42 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu December 27th, 2012, 20:36 GMT
Posts: 8467
Location: over the shadows & the rain
chester drawers wrote:
You are right, Alouette. ERK rocked tonite !
Glad you made it home safe.

Regarding the venue:

The shuttle system worked well for us......but better before the show then after.

We arrived at the lot about 6:45.....about 15 people were waiting....by the time the bus got there about 15 minutes later, about 50 were waiting......I think they all made it on our bus.....we got to the venue in about 10 minutes.

The food and drink lines were ridiculous......we found seats to our liking in the last row of the first section, (row 20), in line with Bobs piano......after about 15 minutes I attempted a soda buy for me and the mrs., but soon figured out most the vendor lines were about an hour and the show was starting in 25, so abandoned "operation thirsty".

The after show shuttles seemed fairly well planned, and took us about 40 minutes to catch a ride, but unfortunately it rained just after the show ended, which I don't think anyone expected, so we all go it drenched........even so, we were actually lucky that it didn't rain hard.

They have to fix the food and drink vendor situation, but overall I thought they did well.

I wish I had known more about the venue in advance....,.so we could have made some better choices and raised our overall experience level.

I had parking space right there because I bought tix early at pre-sale
but exiting the parking area took a long time

think it might have been a good plan
to have parked like a mile or so away, on a side street & just walk there

I did not bother w/ the food either. They needed more vendors I think
the venue was pretty cool

the audience people I met were very nice
I met some interesting local musicians
& show was great


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 11:17 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 20909
NEP wrote:
ERK dropped the free form Charlie George changeups but still was very good for ERK.

Hmm, I look forward to listening to what this means. I really enjoyed the "free form."
Sounds like ERK was a standout on Night 2 though! Happy for those attending!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 18:26 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 992
Glad to see that the set is still free from Spirit On The Water and Beyond Here Lies Nothing. They needed to go a long time ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 18:37 GMT 

Joined: Mon March 27th, 2017, 16:27 GMT
Posts: 11
We had a wonderful two nites at Hutton. I would give the nod for the better show to Friday even though Saturday was my birthday. No better way to spend it than at a Bobby D concert. Between the Bardavon pre sale 3 Capitol shows and Kingston I made or renewed friendships with so many die hard fans On the rail or front row for all five shows. IMHO Hutton should allow those with parking passes to come in at 2:00 to 2:30 and buy food or enjoy the river scenery, shuttle buses could also bring non pass attendees then. Would ease the stress on the police and neighbors. People could tail gate like at an NFL game. "You meet the nicest people at a Dylan concert" " He ain't dead yet, His Nobel still rings" Can't wait for his next tour in the area.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 19:40 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu December 27th, 2012, 20:36 GMT
Posts: 8467
Location: over the shadows & the rain
Buicksix wrote:
We had a wonderful two nites at Hutton. I would give the nod for the better show to Friday even though Saturday was my birthday. No better way to spend it than at a Bobby D concert. Between the Bardavon pre sale 3 Capitol shows and Kingston I made or renewed friendships with so many die hard fans On the rail or front row for all five shows. IMHO Hutton should allow those with parking passes to come in at 2:00 to 2:30 and buy food or enjoy the river scenery, shuttle buses could also bring non pass attendees then. Would ease the stress on the police and neighbors. People could tail gate like at an NFL game. "You meet the nicest people at a Dylan concert" " He ain't dead yet, His Nobel still rings" Can't wait for his next tour in the area.

Thank you & happy birthday Buicksix
It was great hanging out with you at the shows
take it easy
À la prochaine :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 20:38 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu December 27th, 2012, 20:36 GMT
Posts: 8467
Location: over the shadows & the rain
To everyone,
may all the dreams in your hearts come true
Rock on !!
All the best
Alouette :D


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 23:01 GMT 

Joined: Tue April 9th, 2013, 18:21 GMT
Posts: 13
I would like to echo my Dad's sentiments above. We had a wonderful run of 5 New York shows. These shows were special for a number of reasons. Normally I don't socialize much before concerts bc my mind is too preoccupied with seeing the band, but due to the GA setup of all 5 shows you spend a lot of time with the crowd and getting to know the people around us was a great reward. We created and renewed many friendships including but not limited to Tom and Lisa, Barry G, Elizabeth, Dan and his girlfriend, and many other friendly faces whose names I didn't get. All great people and true fans.

Standouts for me were night 2 at Capitol Theater and night 1 at Hutton Brickyards. Seeing Bob play guitar in Portchester was a real thrill. The way his high-slung sunburst stratocaster looked with his grey suit as he noodled around on it was just too cool. Night 2 at Capitol Theater was also the debut of the new Summer Days and the ERK arrangement with that awesome sort of stop-time jam between verses. Why they took that little bit out last night I'll never know as it was maybe my favorite part of the other concerts.

Night 1 at Hutton Brickyards was an electric atmosphere; a new, unknown venue, an anxious crowd, and a hot, humid evening. The concert itself had no real surprises, just incredible performances. The band hit like a ton of bricks (pun intended). Don't Think Twice got into a really great, bouncy groove and Duquesne Whistle I thought was absolutely perfect. It's a complicated song that to me feels like they let it go just to the edge of falling apart in a lot of performances, but this one they just crushed. The whole night featured Bob's best piano playing that I can remember which was probably the difference.

Night 2 was special in its own way. We woke up to see that our pre-show interview from the night before had gotten our quotes on the front page of the Poughkeepsie Journal, which was great. As we took our seats many people had seen the article and were happy for us with many birthday wishes for Dad. Again just wonderful people at these shows! I'm going to frame up the tour poster with the newspaper article and our tickets. Should look great. Charlie actually came into the crowd before the show to talk to some regulars that he must know personally. Funny to see him in street clothes. You mean he doesn't wear throwback style cowboy suits all the time?? Standouts at this show for me were Why Try To Change Me, which Bob sang beautifully and threw in a few pouts and poses that fit perfectly with the lyrics, and Desolation Row which I thought really clicked.

A very memorable two weeks that will have to sustain us till the next tour. Hope to see everyone again soon!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 23:17 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 20909
And they all lived happily ever after!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 23:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 563
Location: Tinfoilworlds
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
And they all lived happily ever after!



even though they had to walk barefoot :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 5th, 2017, 02:12 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 29th, 2011, 22:01 GMT
Posts: 1422
Location: Morrisville, PA
bobschool wrote:
thanks so much chester you bring a box full of kittens good news :) happy summer bob friend

Image


Actually, its a drawer full of kittens.

.....and very appropriate, because mrs. drawers has rescued somewhere about 60/70 cats.....maybe more.

We've seen lots of adorable little mugs like those beauties.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 5th, 2017, 05:33 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 14th, 2006, 18:43 GMT
Posts: 5365
oh chester, how precious. your home is blessed. thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: to the grave


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group