Kingston, NY

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 13:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thought you were there Alouette!

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 13:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Thought you were there Alouette!

I am going. I'm near NYC. it'll take me a couple hours to drive there up 87.
I better start getting ready

have a great day barefoot !!
I take it you aren't going?

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 14:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

I must head back to BC at this point...
Was quite lucky to squeak Shelburne by the skin of my teeth.
(and glad I did!) . Dance to the newly energized Summer Days for me!
Happy for everyone going! Bob is ON right now.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 14:42 GMT 

It's a great place up in Kingston, I wish Bob was there last month because I definitely would have gone, I was doing quite a bit of work up that way.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 15:24 GMT 
Promethium Member

It's amazing such a small venue, in proximity to such a populated region, didn't sell out on a Friday night.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 17:38 GMT 

Thin man just being played at sound check for anyone who is interested.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 17:54 GMT 

Btw, did I mention how fabulous Bob looked last night?
Love love love the long gray jacket :wink:

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 17:56 GMT 
Titanium Member

Have a great time tonight everyone! Wish I was there!

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 18:59 GMT 
Promethium Member

Not quite sure, but this might be the place to be right now, no?
http://www.keeganales.com

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 19:33 GMT 

Anyone need a seat for tonite. tier 2 seating g/a 21st row if you get thee when I am going to at 5:10.
My ticket is front row if I get there on time! but I have an extra for the 2nd grade price.
$75. It's up for grabs, my boyfriend has hit the wall. He says last night was too good to muffle with another go.
If you want to meet me at the Kingston beach and take this seat reply here.
Heading out without tablet at around 4:15.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 21:06 GMT 

Have a great show anybody attending

Jalious :(

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 22:27 GMT 
Promethium Member

Article about last night's show:

Bob Dylan show at Hudson River site thrills fans, despite some venue hiccups

By Ariél Zangla

KINGSTON, N.Y. >> After performing for nearly two hours Friday night, Bob Dylan and his band had much of the crowd at the Hutton Brickyards on its feet, cheering enthusiastically for the famed singer-songwriter.

Dylan took the stage just after 8 p.m. and then performed for about an hour and a half before taking a short break. When they returned, Dylan and his band performed for approximately 20 minutes before taking their bows and exiting stage left accompanied by a standing ovation from the crowd.

“It was great,” Ginny Haines of Poughkeepsie said following the show. She said she is 67-years-old and had never seen Dylan perform, though she had “been loving him since 1964.” Haines said her niece brought her to the show and she was thrilled. She said she enjoyed the music, even the songs that were not Dylan compositions, like “Stormy Weather” and “That Old Black Magic.”

During his performance, Dylan did not speak directly to the crowd, only sang. He and his band led off with “Things Have Changed,” followed by “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right.” Among the other songs they performed were “Love Sick” and “Pay In Blood.”

Photographs of the performance were prohibited.

Karl Slovin, president of MWest Holdings, which owns the Hutton Brickyards property, characterized the performance as amazing and the event as “perfect.”

“The atmosphere here was just ideal,” Slovin said after the concert. “It couldn’t have gone better.” He also praised Chris Silva, executive director of the Bardavon 1869 Opera House, and his crew for doing a beautiful job putting on the concert, the first at the former industrial site.

While Dylan received praise from many attendees, there were some who expressed displeasure with the amount of time they spent waiting in line to get to the venue and to purchase concessions. Some took to Twitter to voice their displeasure with the shuttle bus system that brought attendees to and from the site.

Darin Seim, of Kingston, said he waited a long time at the Ulster Performing Arts Center on Broadway in Midtown Kingston for a shuttle bus to take him to the concert venue. He said he was at the shuttle stop by 5:35 p.m. and did not have enough time to get to the site, buy food and a beer, and be in his seat before the show started almost two and a half hours later.

“The way out was really the worst because everyone was waiting for shuttles again but there wasn’t a clear line,” Seim said in a message on Twitter. “When a bus finally pulled up, people started pushing and jumping ahead.” He said he ended up walking back to UPAC rather than waiting.

Seim said, though, he thought Dylan was great and the venue was beautiful.

A few other shuttle bus users earlier in the night had a different experience getting to the venue. Mary Granahan and Tom Mullusky, of Asbury Park, said they waited approximately half an hour for a shuttle bus at the John F. Kennedy Elementary School, but the crowd rallied together and had a good time anyway. The couple added that they love Kingston and try to see Dylan every time he performs in their “radius.”

“He’s just such a legend,” Granahan said.

Steve Kapushy, of Boiceville, said he was a little leery of the shuttle bus system at first, but only had to wait five minutes for his ride to the venue. He said the longest line he saw was the one for people getting wristbands so they could buy beer.

The lines for concessions on site did grow lengthy and the area for the food and beverages became crowded. Some attendees remained in the concession area during the concert.

Prior to Dylan taking the stage, Slovin said producers had no idea attendees would be eating and drinking as much as they were. He said he was working with the people in charge of concessions to try to get more vendors for Dylan’s performance on Saturday night.

Slovin added that Dylan’s concert was “an experiment” since it was the first such performance at the Hutton Brickyards.

“This was an abandoned brickyard two years ago,” Slovin said of the property along the Hudson River. Now it is hosting thousands of people who came to see the show, he said. Slovin said producers would know more Saturday about how the event went, but he said he does plan to hold more concerts on the site. Those concerts might not happen this year, he said, but definitely would in 2018.

Mayor Steve Noble and his wife, Julie, also attended. The mayor said he had not heard of any problems prior to the show and that the attendees were being patient.

“It’s just a cool and mellow crowd,” Noble said.

Kingston police Chief Egidio Tinti also said the crowd was a good one. Following the concert, he said there had been no major problems.

“I was so impressed,” Carol Carley, of Pine Plains, said following the show. She said it was her first time seeing Dylan and she loved seeing the mix of ages in the crowd who were all enjoying the performance.

Some of the concert-goers had only been born in the past decade, while others remembered Dylan from their youth.

One older couple spent time in the back of the performance pavilion dancing along with the music. Others in the crowd clapped and sang along with Dylan. One man near the stage stood up a few times, swaying to the music with a beer in his hand, while the people around him remained seated.

The stage faced the Hudson River, where several boats had pulled up close to the shore so occupants could enjoy the show from afar.

Musician Bruce Wolfeil, who lives near the venue on North Street, said he opened for Dylan approximately 25 years ago in the city of Rochester.

“I enjoyed him so much more than I did 25 years ago,” Wolfeil said following the show. He said Dylan sounded great and he could not have asked for anything more.

Dylan, 76, took up residence in Woodstock in the early 1960s as a modestly successful folk musician, writing songs in a room above a Tinker Street café. He left a decade later as a bona fide star in a town whose name had become synonymous with the counterculture of the time.

In 1967 and 1968, Dylan and The Band — Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Garth Hudson, Robbie Robertson and Richard Manuel — recorded in the West Saugerties house known as “Big Pink,” resulting in the 1975 album “The Basement Tapes.”

Dylan returned to Saugerties in August 1994 to perform at the Woodstock ‘94 music festival with dozens of other big-name acts for some 350,000 fans.

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-new ... ue-hiccups

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 22:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

Got a chuckle that this was newsworthy in the article above:

"One man near the stage stood up a few times, swaying to the music with a beer in his hand, while the people around him remained seated."

Not sure if it was inserted as a joke.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 22:45 GMT 

audio 6/23
https://youtu.be/KV-OiSILQFQ

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 22:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

juststepintothearena wrote:

Excellent link Arena. Thank you.

Here's another review:
Bob Dylan draws thousands to Kingston's Hutton Brickyards
John W. Barry , Poughkeepsie Journal

With a triumphant homecoming at a new venue in Kingston Friday night, Bob Dylan dramatically shifted the arts paradigm in the Hudson Valley and with concert organizers quite possibly established the Hutton Brickyards as the concert hall against which all others in the region could be measured.

Without speaking a word during the venue's opening night, the former Woodstock resident declared the 3,500-capacity Hutton Brickyards a smashing success.

Spirits were high – both on stage and in the near-capacity audience. The acoustics were sharp. And Dylan’s smoky and stubborn voice hammered everyone in the room with urgency and authority.

Dylan and his fans Saturday night will be back at the former industrial site on Ulster County's Hudson River shore. This weekend's shows are being presented by the Hutton Brickyards and Bardavon 1869 Opera House in Poughkeepsie.

Barry Schibanoff of Wingdale Saturday night will attend his fifth Bob Dylan concert in less than two weeks.

More than a week ago, Schibanoff saw Dylan perform three times at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, Westchester County.

“There’s nobody else like him,” said Schibanoff, who celebrates his 65th birthday on Saturday. “Nobody else compares — his lyrics, his artistry, the whole package. He’s a genius.”

Logistics at the Hutton Brickyards Friday night seemed to unfold with a sense of effortlessness. Tucked into a corner of Kingston and perched on the Hudson River, this open-air venue with sweeping views of the Dutchess County shoreline emerged over the course of just a few hours as a destination for the arts to be reckoned with.

Boats - including one operated by the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office - dotted the river just offshore. And the aroma of tacos and hamburgers generated the feel of a Friday night at the county fair.

Standing in the center of it all was Dylan, a Nobel Prize winner and member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who reminded us all how he endures, beyond the legacy and the mystique.

Watch him perform and you will see someone who finds satisfaction in banging on a piano; hamming it up as a front man who handles a microphone as though it were a blowtorch; and conquering new frontiers in songs he wrote decades ago.

The country bounce that Dylan injected into the once-somber “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right” – the second song of the show – nudged the evening along.

The way in which Dylan and his band members weaved in and out of each other during “Tangled Up in Blue,” playing musical tag with a single melodic phrase - handing it off, retrieving it, handing it off again – showed that the weathered performer can still find fun on a stage.

And Dylan’s waltz-like treatment of “Blowin’ in the Wind” turned this 1960s-question-and-answer anthem into musical fare suited to a barn dance trimmed with hoop skirts and pocket watches.

It was, however, the songs from Dylan’s most recent albums, tunes that included “Autumn Leaves,” “Stormy Weather” and “Melancholy Mood,” that gave this evening of epiphanies its deepest glow and, more than anything, made all that emanated from the stage feel warm to the touch.

It's that special touch and the special bond Dylan maintains with this fans that turned Schibanoff’s run of shows into an ongoing special event for him and his son. Joining Schibanoff for the Port Chester shows and Kingston concert has been his son, a 31-year-old Dover resident. His son’s name? Why, Dylan, of course.

Asked if he will be at the Saturday night show, Dylan Schibanoff said, “Of course. It’s Dad’s birthday.”

The Schibanoffs this weekend are among thousands attending the Dylan concerts at the Hutton Brickyards — which over more than a century ending in 1980 crafted hundreds of millions of bricks — some of which were used to build the Empire State Building and old Yankee Stadium.

Dylan's concerts in Kingston also build on his history as a performer in the Hudson Valley. He has played at The Chance and Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie; Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill; and Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, on the Woodstock site in Sullivan County.

Dylan has also held private rehearsals at the Bardavon three times.

Asked about staging this weekend's shows, Bardavon Executive Director Chris Silva said, “It’s kind of mind-blowing.”

The Hutton Brickyards site is undergoing a major transformation, courtesy of MWest Holdings. The Los Angeles-based company is run by Karl Slovin, who grew up in Manhattan and spent weekends, as he still does, at a family home in Rhinebeck.

MWest Holdings has owned the site for three years. Smorgasburg, an offshoot of Brooklyn Flea, the New York City food and flea market, debuted at the Hutton Brickyards in 2016 and is continuing this year.

Also in 2016, Silva sought out Slovin with an eye toward staging concerts. The two crafted a plan and landed Dylan for two nights.

“I’m super-excited,” Slovin said before Friday night’s show. “It’s a dream come true. It’s all clicking together perfectly.”

Friday night’s show was scheduled to start at 8 p.m. As of 7:15 p.m., fans were streaming into the venue, as a warm breeze and overcast skies set the tone for the evening.

Among fans, anticipation ran high.

“My favorite thing about Bob Dylan is, he requires you to work hard to love his music,” said Alex Mindt of Harlem, who came up for the show with his wife and two children. “So it’s not this easy music that just comes in and out.”

He added, “The pleasure of Bob Dylan lasts for years. You can find depth in him throughout your entire life — and he keeps rewarding the listener, over and over again.”

Tori Capalbo, a 28-year-old Brookyn resident who grew up in Pine Plains, considers Dylan a timeless artist.

“He’s saying, ‘My age doesn’t matter, I have things to say,’” she said. “He has his fame, why not use it.”

Did You Know

When Bob Dylan lived in Woodstock decades ago, he and longtime Woodstock musician Happy Traum, who is still a resident of the Catskill mountain town, played music together and socialized with their families.
''We became very friendly,'' Traum, who played on Dylan's ''Greatest Hits Vol. 2'' album, told the Poughkeepsie Journal in 2005. ''He was staying at home a lot back then — he was just a parent. He had some kids the same age as my kids.''
Mary Lou Paturel in the 1960s ran the Espresso Cafe on Tinker Street — now the location of the Center for Photography at Woodstock — and rented an upstairs room to Dylan. Paturel said Dylan liked red wine and could be a private person, but was not completely averse to socializing.
''He had many, many moods,'' Paturel told the Poughkeepsie Journal in 2005. ''He was just a person who had different moods for different moments.''

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 23:07 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Dylan took the stage just after 8 p.m. and then performed for about an hour and a half before taking a short break. When they returned, Dylan and his band performed for approximately 20 minutes before taking their bows and exiting stage left accompanied by a standing ovation from the crowd.

Was it an intermission or is she referring to the encore ?!

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 23:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

I would assume the encore. An intermission would have much more than 20 minutes after it

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 23:18 GMT 

Nightingale's Code wrote:
I would assume the encore. An intermission would have much more than 20 minutes after it

Yeah, that's what I thought...

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 23:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

No intermissions on this run so far.
It's possible the author has never been to a concert before.

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 01:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

Kingston should be wrapping up soon.
Probably encore time right about now.

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 01:54 GMT 

Kingston, New York
Hutton Brickyards
June 24, 2017

1. Things Have Changed
2. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right (Bob did not play guitar)
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Why Try To Change Me Now
5. Summer Days
6. Love Sick
7. Duquesne Whistle
8. Melancholy Mood
9. Stormy Weather
10. Pay In Blood
11. Once Upon A Time
12. Early Roman Kings
13. Tangled Up In Blue
14. Desolation Row
15. Soon After Midnight
16. That Old Black Magic
17. Long And Wasted Years
18. Autumn Leaves

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thanks to Oscar Montes and Jayne Watson for the phone calls.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 01:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thanks Bill. As usual, solid, you are.

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 02:02 GMT 

Thanks Bill.

We had some anticipation there for awhile, but looks like Bob has slid into the rut, I mean, groove.

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 04:17 GMT 

Bills posted list is wrong.

Tangled Up In Blue was 12, and Early Roman Kings was 13.

Bob switched them up tonight....in fact they were warming up for ERK, when Bob walked over to Charlie and Donnie, and then Charlie walked over to Tony, and Bob started Tangled.....it was about 15/ 20 seconds in before Stu was fully switch over to his acoustic and joined the song.....guess Bob wanted to split up TUIB and Desolation Row.

By the way.....the show was a JOY.