Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 04:33 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 00:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

Video for new Box Set this Autumn

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 01:09 GMT 

The video crew were mainly (the best of) Irish, but with Hillcoat brought in as director. It makes sense that he did it at the end of the tour with band, energies, and with equipment and transport intact... He did record 'I Can't Escape From You' in Dublin after an end-of-tour show around 2005. He usually records in America (except for the Willburys which were probably recorded in England?)

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 03:33 GMT 

shipcomesin wrote:
The video crew were mainly (the best of) Irish, but with Hillcoat brought in as director. It makes sense that he did it at the end of the tour with band, energies, and with equipment and transport intact... He did record 'I Can't Escape From You' in Dublin after an end-of-tour show around 2005. He usually records in America (except for the Willburys which were probably recorded in England?)

Wilburys were recorded in Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 07:15 GMT 

I'd love to see him record a sample of his touring tracks in the studio for a few reasons. Firstly, to take but one example, a studio based Pay in Blood with that live smooth vocal (assuming it hasn't blown after the tour the way it did in 05 although at least this time round there was a rest day on the Wednesday so only one gig on the lead in to the recording which presumably began on the Friday) would be great to have and would complement the wild, insane, croaky album take we already have. I also wouldn't say no to a studio based version of the new incarnation of THC or that tight and focused H61 he's currently engaged with. No need for crooners tho as they're virtually the same live as they are in the studio anyway I would have thought. Also, this band deserve to have some of the better stuff they do live duplicated and recorded for posterity in the studio. They're a class act in my book and comfortably the best configuration since 02.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 10:16 GMT 

I have to ask. What is a beyonce or a beyonce project? :?:

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 10:21 GMT 

New album of well written and sung original songs, or f*ck off.

This is my Dylexit negotiation.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 10:28 GMT 

Bloodworm Baltimore French Fry wrote:
The final song Dylan recorded there was "My Way."

It's a metaphor.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 17:46 GMT 

my precious time wrote:

It's a metaphor.

Darn you, now I'm addicted to SpicyBoi videos.

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 18:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

That Hillcoat Cutting Edge vid wasn't that impressive visually.
Kind of what Bob goes for though.
Case in Point: Those horrible tour posters, year after year.

Anyhow, not expecting much, although it's a great thread of thoughts!

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 20:12 GMT 

Bob might recorded all Irish folk music, in this vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCYH36ahpE

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017, 21:11 GMT 

trevgibb wrote:
Bob might recorded all Irish folk music, in this vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCYH36ahpE

Beautiful, thanks trevgibb. my favourite version by Luke Kelly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYJO5fJgNSQ

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017, 21:02 GMT 

wow, just reading this for the first time.. been on holiday up in Utah. So it seems that Dylan had some type of studio/film session with a director. Definitely sounds like a promotional thing... I don't think for Triplicate because that album is pretty much dead in the water as far as promotion.

This has to be for some new release!

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 09:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

Really enjoy knowing this rumor exists &, if true, it will fun to see it develop.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 11:54 GMT 

workingmanblues wrote:
wow, just reading this for the first time.. been on holiday up in Utah. So it seems that Dylan had some type of studio/film session with a director. Definitely sounds like a promotional thing... I don't think for Triplicate because that album is pretty much dead in the water as far as promotion.

Do we have any info on this possible new release? Sort of feel the entire Bob-thing is in the balance right now. Another Sinatra album and it full-out war; another original album and all will be forgiven. Don't make the wrong decision, Bob. Don't do it.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 12:06 GMT 

Anr Bjotk wrote:
workingmanblues wrote:

Do we have any info on this possible new release? Sort of feel the entire Bob-thing is in the balance right now. Another Sinatra album and it full-out war; another original album and all will be forgiven. Don't make the wrong decision, Bob. Don't do it.

For some reason I can't even fathom it being an album of originals. What would it even sound like? I'm hoping — if it's an original — that it will be a whole new phase for him, one that we'll call post-ModBob.

Considering he's exited a phase of covers, this is generally a sign he's reaching for something new. But who knows, perhaps he's just resigned to the fact that that's it for him, and we'll get an album of gospel covers. If done well, I'm not complaining, but it will be sad to never hear his pen again.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 13:18 GMT 

McG wrote:
Both the Supper Club and the MTV Unplugged shows were recorded in two days.
The woman who leaked the information about the 2017 Ardmore Studios sessions is Daniel Lanois' girlfriend.

Kill me now.

Post of the day. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 13:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

Maybe he covered the Sid Vicious version. :?

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 15:41 GMT 

Maybe they were cutting Foggy Dew and Bob got pissed at Stu and took over the guitar.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 17:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

Very interesting ... 8)

Thanks for this "rumor" :wink:

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 18:17 GMT 

from shipscomesin original post
'Apparently the (intense) sessions went on for three days and nights with Dylan and the band recording a wide range of songs'

That doesn't sound like Gospel covers or more Standards. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something more interesting.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 18:48 GMT 

If the lady who heard them could even let us know if the track lengths struck her in any way as being lengthy or not, that would give us a clue

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 18:58 GMT 

Come to think of it, the reference to Bob taking guitar duty at one stage to me tends to lean towards non "Sinatra" material. I don't think he'd contemplate touching the guitar if he was crooning.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 19:16 GMT 

MrJudasPriest wrote:
Come to think of it, the reference to Bob taking guitar duty at one stage to me tends to lean towards non "Sinatra" material. I don't think he'd contemplate touching the guitar if he was crooning.

Possibly but this tidbit doesn’t reveal too much, he could’ve just been taking a break from the real project and picked up the guitar for fun.

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 19:41 GMT 

Also, on the location choice, I'm pretty sure film production in Ireland attracts generous tax breaks. I wonder would recording in this facility (particularly given the visual aspect) qualify for similar benefits?

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017, 20:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

Anr Bjotk wrote:
workingmanblues wrote:

:lol:

https://youtu.be/fIXG6eft5sk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next