Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 24th, 2017, 07:53 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 6th, 2017, 09:30 GMT 

Abednego's original Hebrew name was Azariah, which means 'GOD helps'. The name change was done because Nebuchadnezzar wanted to convert the captured Jewish youths to Babylonian culture, and more importantly, turn them into sorcerers to practice divination and other magic arts. The boys of course didn't need all the occult stuff because they knew the one true God was with them.

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 06:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

yep thanks clifford, Daniel 1

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 08:02 GMT 

you know you ain't enjoying it when you are bored at a show
how you young'uns can tolerate those covers he's doing, is beyond me
my woman enjoyed it though, bless her, she surprised me with the tickets and all, so i pretended to like it
had a terrific dinner afterwards though, curried goat

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 10:51 GMT 

songanddanceman wrote:
my woman enjoyed it though, bless her, she surprised me with the tickets and all, so i pretended to like it

Strange I know, but to me, in concert, these covers sound like they could actually have been written by Bob Dylan. Very odd, but they sound great to me: From Nottingham, Why Try..? and Stormy Weather struck me like this.

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 13:07 GMT 

Strong show with Bob in excellent voice and an imperious Tangled at the centre of it all.

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 13:43 GMT 

clifford gage wrote:
songanddanceman wrote:

Strange I know, but to me, in concert, these covers sound like they could actually have been written by Bob Dylan. Very odd, but they sound great to me: From Nottingham, Why Try..? and Stormy Weather struck me like this.

Totally agree, think the covers fit in seamlessly into the set and they sound Dylanesque

moab

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 15:23 GMT 

"Young' ons" love it!

(This is a review out of the very young Novice league, bear this in mind please before you throw your first stone. There was a fundamental error in the age group estimation of yesterday's front page review.)

At first I wasn't really excited to see Bob Dylan. To be honest I wasn't a fan. But in the end I wanted to go because I wanted to hear his 'Old Black Magic'! I heard it first in our kitchen where my Mum was cooking my tea. I thought it was Elvis. She normally cooks with Elvis. But NO, it was Bob Dylan.

At the show I was surprised by the jungle patterns on the curtains and the sound of a [color=#BF8000]tiger
. In the third song I could hear a monkey. My feet couldn't stop tapping o the ground. I felt I was under a spell. JUNGLE-TASTIC

At the end of the concert I was shocked; everybody was leaving. The show was over. It went by so fast. Now I'm a Deputy Marshal of Bob Dylan's Fan club. ( I'm the boss :mrgreen: )[/color]

PostPosted: Sun May 7th, 2017, 15:39 GMT 

Based on the most recent performances Dylan has moved on from aiming for an accurate legato style of crooning. For a time in every case his live performances continued to refine this approach with songs like "Autumn Leaves" or "The Night We Called it a Day" easily surpassing the album versions. This to a point where some people were claiming that Dylan was lip syncing.
During the show (the 29th) I listened to last night Dylan has moved on and is now singing these tunes in what I would call "his own voice." He's gained the confidence to just attack them. The delivery is much more powerful. At times tonally pure and beautiful, but he will also "bark" out a phrase here and there. It's the same with his own songs and so it all sounds very integrated with as some have mentioned the standards now sounding like "Dylan songs."
All (I've listened to six) the shows I've listened to from the tour have been outstanding. I've tried listening through headphones while doing other things online, but it proves to be impossible. The sound of the music demands my full attention and I end up eyes closed and concentrating on the music.

PostPosted: Mon May 8th, 2017, 05:10 GMT 

songanddanceman wrote:

Tips on not getting bored. What I do during the covers is count how many seats there are in each row or section. Then I count how many rows are in front of me, and behind if there's not to many (that wasn't very difficult at the Palladium as I was in Row 'U'). Furthermore, it's not just during the covers - when the band starts tuning up for Spirit On The Water count how many people stand and leave the auditorium for drinks or a toilet break. Simple, and you have collated loads of information about the venue in case you visit again.
During the good songs I think to myself how much better the show would have been if there was standing. I mean songs like Highway 61 should never be performed to a sitting audience!