4 May 2017

Bournemouth, England

Bournemouth International Centre
Capacity: 6,500
Showtime: 7:00 PM

This is the 23rd show of the 2017 Never Ending Tour

---

Bob at Bournemouth International Centre

The legendary Bob Dylan will be returning to the UK and Ireland in 2017 for a series of live shows.

The iconic American singer, songwriter, artist and writer will be taking to stages in London, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Nottingham, Glasgow and Liverpool, before culminating in a show at the 3Arena, Dublin on 11th May 2017.

Dylan released his 37th studio album this year, entitled Fallen Angels, featuring covers of twelve classic American songs chosen by Dylan.

He first released his self-titled album back in 1962, having since established himself as one of the most important voices in modern music.

A legend in his lifetime and the poet laureate for a generation. From his early days as a protesting folk troubadour Dylan has consistently reinvented himself through rock poet, country music crooner, star-crossed lover and Old Testament prophet of doom. Always either one step ahead of the game, or ignoring the game altogether, Dylan continues to live up to the expectations of fans and critics alike by producing material that has the full history of American song writing flowing through it.

No matter what guise he's wearing, the music always remains true to Dylan's trademark lyrical cutting edge that has been so often imitated, and so rarely surpassed.

https://www.ents24.com/bournemouth-even ... an/4891720

This venue doesn't acknowledge Triplets either. Interesting. Boy, are they in for a surprise.

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 04:51 GMT 

I'm taking the train down this morning - hoping it's going to warm up and I have time to have a splash about in the sea before the show!

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 18:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Just arrived in my seat at the venue, you know you're at a Dylan gig when the two blokes sat in front of you have grey-haired ponytails. Ah, how I've missed this.

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 18:46 GMT 

In the past Bournemouth had some great Bob Dylan concerts with nice setlists. I think, today would be a good day and venue for another Triplicate Live-Premiere!
So keep your fingers crossed and enjoy ☺.

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 19:00 GMT 

really?

... splash about in the sea

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 19:03 GMT 

Mr_matt wrote:
Just arrived in my seat at the venue, you know you're at a Dylan gig when the two blokes sat in front of you have grey-haired ponytails. Ah, how I've missed this.

True - but just to make sure: in case you can see nobody in that place WITHOUT a grey ponytail you are most likely going to see Neil Young.

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 20:52 GMT 

Mr_matt wrote:

I wonder will they lose the ponytails for a more conservative ivy League or crew cut hairstyle after tonight. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 20:55 GMT 

Must be finished / finishing up by now...

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 21:02 GMT 

that's right :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 21:07 GMT 

Uh huh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 21:34 GMT 

Even better than London 3!!

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 21:46 GMT 

I was sat next to SPOT who recorded the show, should be something to look forward to. No doubt Crystal Cat will steal it and make it commercially available.

I thanked the legend SPOT for all that he does but he was quite disgruntled that there was too much talking going on around us.

Nevertheless I'm pretty sure it will be a good recording of a fabulous show.

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 22:10 GMT 

BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND. 4-5-17 (SOME NOTES)

Sunny and tranquil by the seaside, anticipation was rife.
'Beyond here lies nothin' - Dylan stamping out dynamic piano chords over the beat.
George Recile playing the drums like a set of timpani, sticks swirling in fast motion.
'Stormy weather' - Tony Garnier setting the song up with bass guitar rumblings that lead into a very sensitive vocal reading by Dylan.
'Love sick' - debuted live in Bournemouth 20 years ago, another time, same place.
Since then, the song has gone through many changes.
Tonight, the beat was cushioned, low and precise, Dylan finding the heart of the song.

'Desolation row' - The musicians playing chords in the darkness, deferring the beginning.
When it starts its a carnival ride again, Dylan shortening the lines into tiny stacatto bursts of phrasing.
And as it builds he pounds the piano keys in his own unique way, whilst his right boot hammers the stage floor with the beat....
The walk back to the hotel through a small park, giving time to reflect on another fine show.

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 22:19 GMT 

Bournemouth, England
Bournemouth International Centre
May 4, 2017

1. Things Have Changed
2. To Ramona
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
5. Why Try To Change Me Now
6. Pay In Blood
7. Melancholy Mood
8. Duquesne Whistle
9. Stormy Weather
10. Tangled Up In Blue
11. Early Roman Kings
12. Spirit On The Water
13. Love Sick
14. All Or Nothing At All
15. Desolation Row
16. Soon After Midnight
17. That Old Black Magic
18. Long And Wasted Years
19. Autumn Leaves

(encore)
20. Blowin' In The Wind
21. Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thanks to Laurette Maillet for the email.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

PostPosted: Thu May 4th, 2017, 22:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

thank you Bill & Laurette

PostPosted: Fri May 5th, 2017, 00:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

The Wicked Messenger wrote:
I was sat next to SPOT who recorded the show, should be something to look forward to. No doubt Crystal Cat will steal it and make it commercially available.

I thanked the legend SPOT for all that he does but he was quite disgruntled that there was too much talking going on around us.

Nevertheless I'm pretty sure it will be a good recording of a fabulous show.

LUCKIE!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 5th, 2017, 16:41 GMT 

It was a good show but I didn't have a particularly good seat - to the rear of the terraced section! Better than Paris but it lacked the intimate feel of the Palladium show I was at. My personal faves from the night were Love Sick, Desolation Row and Duquesne Whistle! Sun was out every now and then but really not warm enough for a splash about in the sea. Tempted to take a paddle this morning but had a cup of tea in a café near the pier, all good stuff!

PostPosted: Sat May 13th, 2017, 08:32 GMT 

Just as a postscript I wanted to say that I personally found the Wembley show (especially the first part) to be a stronger performance than the BIC. Obviously where you are seated has lots to do with it and at Bournemouth I was way back in the terraced area. However, weighing it all up I personally believe that Wembley was the better of the two - even if it is a bit like a cattle market. The audience at Bournemouth seemed quite subdued, they seemed more appreciative at Wembley. It would have been much better had there been standing, it was crying out for it and indeed the last two Dylan shows I saw at the BIC both had the standing option.