Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun December 17th, 2017, 17:47 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun April 30th, 2017, 12:08 GMT 

They allow standing on the back rail of the stalls. I made some recordings last night holding phone camera under the rail, under my coat. Undisturbed there. People walking around telling people to put phone away at the slightest glimpse of one.. This spot though, standing and could just hold camera under rail. There are criss cross bands of metal beneath, so can just hold against those.

I was thinking if someone was into recording shows and had a really good video recorder with powerful zoom, that would be a great spot for undisturbed, steady filming.

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 09:22 GMT 

I see our good friend John Baldwin is suggesting in his newsletter that there were professional sound engineers present to professionally record the shows for a possible future live album release...

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 10:04 GMT 
Titanium Member

The same was said of the 2013 and 2015 RAH shows. There were professional audio engineers there because Bob's not running a cheap operation - he has professionals to mix the live sound, not some student sound tech hired by the venue. Wishful thinking from John Baldwin, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 11:11 GMT 
Promethium Member

Professional recording has been standard Bob-Show procedure for quite some time now.

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 12:25 GMT 

A member of staff at the RAH told me that if they were to record the shows with the intention to release them as a live album, then they need to have signs up to let patrons know it was going on (just a few A4 paper signs, much like the no photography signs at each gig). I'm not sure why, or whether that was just a RAH thing, but I've never seen any up...

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 13:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

I think there were pictures posted hERe of the signs at the first RAH gigs, but I thought it was for video...then were no cameras seen at the shows.

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 14:18 GMT 

ingate94 wrote:
A member of staff at the RAH told me that if they were to record the shows with the intention to release them as a live album, then they need to have signs up to let patrons know it was going on (just a few A4 paper signs, much like the no photography signs at each gig). I'm not sure why, or whether that was just a RAH thing, but I've never seen any up...

That's for video tapings, don't think it also applies to sound recordings.

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 23:37 GMT 

nightly moth wrote:
They allow standing on the back rail of the stalls. I made some recordings last night holding phone camera under the rail, under my coat. Undisturbed there. People walking around telling people to put phone away at the slightest glimpse of one.. This spot though, standing and could just hold camera under rail. There are criss cross bands of metal beneath, so can just hold against those.

I was thinking if someone was into recording shows and had a really good video recorder with powerful zoom, that would be a great spot for undisturbed, steady filming.

This sort of comment is usually best left for after the last show. Otherwise, someone might get an unwanted visit in that area. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 2nd, 2017, 23:39 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
The same was said of the 2013 and 2015 RAH shows. There were professional audio engineers there because Bob's not running a cheap operation - he has professionals to mix the live sound, not some student sound tech hired by the venue. Wishful thinking from John Baldwin, I'm afraid.

That live album will come out some 50 years from now: "The 2017 Live Recordings - yet another set collection".