Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 22nd, 2017, 18:20 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:07 GMT 

9. stormy weather ???

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:10 GMT 

ApocalypseKurtz wrote:
9. stormy weather ???

boblinks reports the same from a different source => http://www.boblinks.com/042017s.html

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:16 GMT 

ApocalypseKurtz wrote:
9. stormy weather ???

It seems so. And no Scarlet Town

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:17 GMT 

Same songs, different running order every night - seems to be the new trick.

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:25 GMT 

Thanks You for set list!

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

Take care of each other.
(Two police, one attacker dead as of now.)

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:42 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Take care of each other.
(Two police, one attacker dead as of now.)

Hoping that all the Dylan fans there in Paris are well and have no trouble. And everyone else, though these two poor policeman aren't for sure.

So sad these things happening again.

By the way, just one week ago I had travelled to Lingen to see Bob, passing near Dortmund, where there was the attack to Borussia Dortmund. Seems this tour is sadly linked to terrorism.

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 21:11 GMT 

same to me Guillem, not to forget Stockholm where I've been, too

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 21:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

What a drag.

"Pierre-Henry Brandet, the interior ministry spokesman, has said one police officer was killed and two seriously wounded. He said reports of two dead were incorrect. The attacker has not been identified, he said.

He also said there was only one shooting and reports of a second were incorrect.

Mr Brandet said police had a name for the gunman and it matched a suspect known to security services but the attacker’s fingerprints had not been matched with those of the suspect.

He confirmed that the attacker was shot dead as he tried to run away."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04 ... cers-shot/

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 21:48 GMT 

My friend Jordi told me he wasn't aware of the shooting and everything fine in their zone and no sign of having happened anything.

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 22:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

GuillemTM wrote:
By the way, just one week ago I had travelled to Lingen to see Bob, passing near Dortmund, where there was the attack to Borussia Dortmund. Seems this tour is sadly linked to terrorism.

Two years ago, the attacks in Paris during the fall tour.
However, it is not linked to Dylan's tours any more than to anything else. It seems there is an attack every other day now, no matter what else is happening in the world. Where is peace?

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 22:54 GMT 

gotta say I am a little nervous about coming into Europe with all the increasingly regular and terrible news... sad state of affairs indeed.

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 23:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

“My father put me in a shul, and my mother’s side tried to make me a Baptist,” he said.
“So when I’m asked what my religion is, I just say ‘jazz.’ ”
-- Milton Mesirow, 79, son of Mezz Mezzrow

wow. show is all Otard XO, what a relief in the sixth. true vine thru.

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 00:57 GMT 

bobschool wrote:
true vine thru.
true vine thru

sad eyed lady of the lowlands
has some vids
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeE00RNy5ZmVN09EOdSP7dw

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 05:24 GMT 

great thanks a lot arena :D

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 11:07 GMT 

No one in the hall seemed to know what had happened. Dylan played the usual program. No! Outstanding versions of Melancholy Mood, Duquesne Wistle, Tangled Up in Blue... He sings MM not melancholic, but with defiant sharpness. DW is a musical orgy. Inspired interplay of piano and band. Dylans voice was again great, but seemed less consistent for me than in Hamburg. He sounded sometimes weaker and hoarse, especially singing some Sinatra songs. This was perhaps a problem of sound and seating. The show suddenly was getting louder (??). The great Desolation Row reached me better than in Hamburg. It represented Dylan's current style on stage for me. Many songs like small dramatic plays. The band sets fine effects and Dylan's voice like in dialogue. That also made Spirit on the Water and Soon After Midnight again surprisingly great for me. And the Tempest songs like rough pictures in bright colors. I often had to think of music cabaret. A woman, leaving the venue, combined two words to describe the concert: Variete-chanson. In front of the stage this time barriers were set up. Because of the violence in the town my thoughts soon went away from the show.

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 15:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thanks Guillem, Jordi & Kle!

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 15:29 GMT 

Hi all, dvd here, just got home safe from Paris. I was unaware of the terrorist attacks until this morning but was at the Rodin exhibition between 4.00 and 5.00 yesterday afternoon which wasn't that far from where it all kicked off later in the evening.
I always stay in the Cambronne area of Paris which is south of the Eiffel Tower. It was 27 Metro stops away from Porte de Pantin where le Zenith is located. I arrived there at about 7.30, went through the tight security controls and went straight to my seat. One of the strangest venues I've been to, as I entered the seating area a guy asked to see my ticket and then waved a girl over who took me to my seat (in the raised area behind the floor but in front of the mixing desk). The girl said they were low paid and depended on tips, I gave her a one euro and this seemed pretty standard procedure for all others entering. You weren't allowed to find your own seat although with the lighting on it would not have been a problem.
Anyhow the show was billed as starting at 8.00pm on the ticket but by 7.50 there were still lots of empty seats and the queue of people waiting to be seated was significantly building up. It was about 8.10 when the lights finally dimmed and Stu Kimball did his acoustic bit. People were still coming in, being led by the girls with torches and some people were still being seated six songs into the set. The Zenith resembles a big square box, it was very hot where I was seated and the seats of the moulded plastic type were quite uncomfortable with little legroom.
The set was a so-so sort of performance. The sound was pretty good where I was seated but the performance of Things Have Changed was one of the worst I have seen. Dylan was barking out of synch with the band and I feared for the rest of the show. Don't Think Twice was better but it was Highway 61 before things came to life. Love Sick and all the songs from Tempest were superbly performed. Charlies intro into Melancholy Mood was exquisite and Bob performed that well. That Old Black Magic isn't a song I personally like but Dylan performed it with panache and I ended up enjoying that as well. Stormy Weather was pretty grim though, as was I Could Have Told You. Missed the harmonica breaks on Tangled, replaced by a Charlie Sexton guitar solo. Does anyone know why Bob is not playing harmonica this tour?
By the time Long and Wasted years came around the seating had won and I succumbed to cramp in my left leg. Luckily I was only three away from the end of the row so got up and tried walking it off by taking a bathroom break. That did the trick, but I missed some / most of Autumn Leaves. Blowing and BOATM were given great ovations as was Desolation Row - these are the songs your public want to hear Bob. Roll on the Palladium. I left straight for the Metro as BOATM ended, on the walkway back to the station police had disrupted all those sellers of unofficial posters and shirts. Got the train home and thought, not bad but I've seen better. Someone had offered me a ticket for the second Paris show but what with everything else going on I have to say I'm pretty pleased I declined it.

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 16:43 GMT 

^ Thank you for your post "dvd".
A nice article from the show of yesterday at Zenith of Paris. Sorry it is in french, i will translate you it if you are interested.

http://m.culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/mus ... YQ_AUICigD#spf=1

Hope you enjoyed the Rodin exhibition :)

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 17:58 GMT 

Kle wrote:
No one in the hall seemed to know what had happened. Dylan played the usual program. No! Outstanding versions of Melancholy Mood, Duquesne Wistle, Tangled Up in Blue... He sings MM not melancholic, but with defiant sharpness. DW is a musical orgy. Inspired interplay of piano and band. Dylans voice was again great, but seemed less consistent for me than in Hamburg. He sounded sometimes weaker and hoarse, especially singing some Sinatra songs. This was perhaps a problem of sound and seating. The show suddenly was getting louder (??). The great Desolation Row reached me better than in Hamburg. It represented Dylan's current style on stage for me. Many songs like small dramatic plays. The band sets fine effects and Dylan's voice like in dialogue. That also made Spirit on the Water and Soon After Midnight again surprisingly great for me. And the Tempest songs like rough pictures in bright colors. I often had to think of music cabaret. A woman, leaving the venue, combined two words to describe the concert: Variete-chanson. In front of the stage this time barriers were set up. Because of the violence in the town my thoughts soon went away from the show.

Beautiful exposition, Kle. Like reading poetry. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 18:50 GMT 

just kind of my feelings, too, KLe, or Shakespearian play passing by

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 20:38 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
Does anyone know why Bob is not playing harmonica this tour?

I don't know, but I guess because he doesn't feel like to.

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 20:48 GMT 

:lol:

love having seen him in Stockholm I

btw failed to see him in 2011 on guitar :cry:

PostPosted: Sat April 22nd, 2017, 04:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

juststepintothearena wrote:
bobschool wrote:
true vine thru.
true vine thru

sad eyed lady of the lowlands
has some vids
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeE00RNy5ZmVN09EOdSP7dw

yes step, thanks, i had seen these, like a transistor to WHBQ
thanks sad eyed lady of the lowlands and band.

of course i just then found this, have mercy, sound of heaven.

DEWEY PHILLIPS - AT WHBQ HOSTING RED HOT & BLUE IN MEMPHIS
16:55
Amos Milburn - Put Something In My Hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGgOoCRamI

PostPosted: Sat April 22nd, 2017, 06:21 GMT 

JackaRoe61 wrote:
^ Thank you for your post "dvd".
A nice article from the show of yesterday at Zenith of Paris. Sorry it is in french, i will translate you it if you are interested.

http://m.culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/mus ... YQ_AUICigD#spf=1

Hope you enjoyed the Rodin exhibition :)

Looks like an interesting article, is your offer of translation still open. I did enjoy the Rodin exhibition. I arrived in Paris at the Gare du Nord at 2.00, went to my hotel and checked in leaving my bag in the room and headed straight off to the Grand Palais. I arrived there at 3.35 (my timed entry slot was 3.30) but had to join a queue and got in there just after 4.00. Spent an hour and twenty mins there and just had time for something to eat before heading off to the Zenith. Was going to do the shops and centre Sat morn but with all that happened I wandered around the hotel area before catching the train home.