Promethium Member

Sold Out!

Wed, April 12, 2017 Lingen, Germany

Emsland Arena
Capacity: ?
Showtime: 8:00 PM

This is the 8th show of the 2017 Never Ending Tour

---
Robert Allen Zimmerman was born on the 24th of May, 1941 in Minnesota, US. In 1959 he started performing folk music in the coffee houses of Minneapolis, and began introducing himself as Bob Dylan. The rest, they say, is history.

Five decades on, there’s still never been another artist that so many have written and speculated about to no avail whatsoever. Bob Dylan is still an enigma in an age where artifice and construct pretty much exists to be torn down and exposed. This is still the case even after he began publishing his own memoirs, and that’s saying something.

All we know for sure about one of the most influential and respected recording artists is that he earned that title with each and every one of his 35 studio albums, from 1962’s self-titled debut, to his most recent effort 2012’s “Tempest”.

It’s pretty much pointless to try and sum up Dylan’s career unless you’ve been given a books amount of space to do so. His countless amounts of reinventions and the sheer musical diversity on display give even the chameleonic likes of Bowie and Madonna a run for their money.

Every single incarnation has given the world something entirely unique, from the serious troubadour of 1964’s “The Times They Are a-Changin’!” through the rock and roll Judas of “Highway 61 Revisited”, all the way up to his Gospel period heralded by 1979’s “Slow Train Coming”, or more recently, the thunderous urban Blues of 2009’s “Together Through Life”.

This is a man whose influence on music and pop culture in general is up there with his old buddies The Beatles (who, legend has it, Dylan introduced to weed on the set of the film “Help!”). So the truth of the matter is that even if you aren’t a fan of his songs, Bob Dylan is still more deserving of your respect than practically any other solo artists in music history.

https://www.songkick.com/artists/408511 ... #biography

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 16:20 GMT 

Raining in Lingen

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 16:41 GMT 

Möge Bob das heutige Konzert gut gelingen! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 17:20 GMT 

Just out of curiosity: who were the seats released today reserved for? The press?

It looks so odd that they had these 9 "come-and-see-Bob's-back" seats available now.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 18:33 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
Just out of curiosity: who were the seats released today reserved for? The press?

It looks so odd that they had these 9 "come-and-see-Bob's-back" seats available now.

Its apparently a fairly common practice for venues to hold a handful of tickets to sell the day before/ day of the show.

In December 2014, my wife and I picked up first sales tickets for the last show of 2014 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City, the day before the show....10th Row Center.

...and the night of the show, there was a line of people looking to purchase first sale tickets at the box office....about half a dozen people who had waited on line most of the day were successful.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 18:38 GMT 

In addition to Barefoot's opening post, I might add that the Emsland Arena has a capacity of up to 4995 seats.
According to the arena's homepage, todays concert is sold out.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 18:52 GMT 

chester drawers wrote:
Its apparently a fairly common practice for venues to hold a handful of tickets to sell the day before/ day of the show.

In December 2014, my wife and I picked up first sales tickets for the last show of 2014 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City, the day before the show....10th Row Center.

Yeah, those are quite common. Tickets for seats in rows 5-8 are also often available close to the day of the show. I was just wondering about the location of the specific seats that were released for this show: 3 tickets in the middle of each of the last 3 rows in a sector on the side of the stage. Those seats must have been among the worst available in the whole venue, so they must have been held for some particularly "special" guests. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 18:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

Show should be about an hour in by now. Hope everyone there is enjoying!

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 19:06 GMT 

:D Thank you!

Let's wait for the setlist! Reporting that is very important.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 19:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

Has he played Just Like A Woman yet?

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 19:32 GMT 

:D
Matt :P

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:20 GMT 

Shortest concert thread of all time?

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:27 GMT 

Good Standard Post says

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:29 GMT 

Lingen, Germany
Emsland Arena
April 12, 2017

1. Things Have Changed (Bob standing at piano)
2. To Ramona (Bob sitting at piano)
3. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob standing at piano)
4. Beyond Here Lies Nothin' (Bob sitting at piano)
5. I Could Have Told You (Bob center stage)
6. Pay In Blood (Bob standing at piano)
7. Melancholy Mood (Bob center stage)
8. Duquesne Whistle (Bob sitting at piano)
9. Love Sick (Bob center stage)
10. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob center stage then sitting at piano)
11. Early Roman Kings (Bob sitting at piano)
12. Spirit On The Water (Bob Bob sitting at piano)
13. Scarlet Town (Bob center stage)
14. All Or Nothing At All (Bob center stage)
15. Desolation Row (Bob sitting at piano)
16. Soon After Midnight (Bob sitting at piano)
17. That Old Black Magic (Bob center stage)
18. Long And Wasted Years (Bob center stage)
19. Autumn Leaves (Bob center stage)

(encore)
20. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob sitting at piano)
21. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob standing at piano)

Thanks to Hermann Rechberger and Harold Hixz for the emails.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

Last edited by Bill Pagel on Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:36 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:33 GMT 

This setlist is wrong again. I could have told You instead of Why try to change me now. I'll post some opinions later.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:35 GMT 

GuillemTM wrote:
This setlist is wrong again. I could have told You instead of Why try to change me now. I'll post some opinions later.

I could have told you Bob played I could have told you. But why try to change the set list now? :wink:
Looking forward to your impressions.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:39 GMT 

my precious time wrote:
GuillemTM wrote:

I could have told you Bob played I could have told you. But why try to change the set list now? :wink:
Looking forward to your impressions.

I guess someone has been to way too many shows already and can no longer copy/paste the right set list :lol:

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

GuillemTM wrote:
This setlist is wrong again.
I could have told You instead of Why try to change me now.

Aren't they pretty much the same song anyways?

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 20:41 GMT 

Whats up? They must have had the greatest show! I am a person who never could give a report from a concert, I can't do anything but dig and let the music just shake my soul and body. And afterwords I´m in another dimension and just fly smiling home. So you see I can't really ask for any reports at all, just curious to know if everything is alright.

I just heard Bob Yodel, in the tread for those who didnt buy triplicate.

:lol: He did it well!

And now the set list is up again with I could have told you instead of why try to change me!
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 21:37 GMT 

The Lingen show just in two words: effective and serene. Glad I was there!

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 21:41 GMT 

:oops:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
GuillemTM wrote:
This setlist is wrong again.
I could have told You instead of Why try to change me now.

Aren't they pretty much the same song anyways?

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 21:54 GMT 

I'd say the times Dylan surprised us often leaving us in awe "unexpectedly" for a particular show are gone and won't come back. Instead, we have a Dylan that has some moments of that and other low moments in the same show. But those low moments are well covered for a high standing band that takes the charge when he's not so inspired. That makes a bigger regularity in shows quality. You can go there confident of how much You will enjoy. Probably not so much as You used to when he had a great day, but You will enjoy.

One effect that always had Dylan is surprise me liking better the songs that I didn't expect than those I was expecting. Today somehow I recovered this effect strongly.

I didn't listen for rwcwnt shows to preserve the surprise effect and I think it worked well.

Things have changed sounded different again. ainteresting but nlt finished I guess. The sound (too much bass sounds I'd say) didn't help. It got better throughthe song.

To Ramona was good. Bob was OK, but not really into the show yet. Far better that the time I had heard it live, in 2011, though.

My mother's (who has been in all shows I've been to) favourite, H61, has come back after a while. As I read somewhere in the forum, good version again, with Bob sounding great, but not instrumental jam at the end as it used to have.

One think I realised is the standards of recent albums are the songs that Bob enjoys the most at singing. I could have told You was great. Melancholy mood was good. All or nothing at all sounded mess at the beginning to get better later. That old black magic, which I'm not very fond uf, sounded fun and Bob seemed to enjoy a lot. And Autumn leaves is magnificient, and Bob did a impressing finale to it.

One think I liked is hear Pay in blood finally sing, not croaked. :mrgreen:

Another interesting thing is that I enjoyed a lot Tangled up in blue, a song I thought I was tired to hear live. Great Bob on it tonight.

Love sick always manges to be among the best im every show for me. No news about it.

I had read too someone who didn't like much Spirit on the water had enjoyed it one of these days. I agree. In other shows seemed to me that even Bob was bored about this one. Not tonight. Better than usual, though not amibg the best.

One of the best has been Scarlet Town. Some interestimg new detalils and grat Bob singing on it.

Long and wasted years is the latest masterpiece Bob has written for me and the first times I heard it live brought me to have chills. Lately it wasn't so good, only OK, but tonight the chills came back.

At the end, stage rush for Blowin'in the wind and Ballad of a thin man. I got near the stage. Bob looked tired but concentrated and enjoying. Security very careful, telling everyone to not rise their phones. I did only at the very end.

Overall, not one of those unforgettable shows, but a really enjoyable one. With highs and lows and probably going from less to more, in the show and in many songs too.

The new setlist I think is not so well constructed a 2013 -2014 - 2015's (last time I saw him) one. It's a bit of more classic style setlist. More highs and lows then.

Now feeling strange about being tomorrow in Düsseldorf and not havong bought a ticket for the show... :oops: Anyway I won't get crazy to get one. I prefer to hope to have Bob back to any affordable show for me soon.

Last edited by GuillemTM on Wed April 12th, 2017, 21:59 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 21:56 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
I guess someone has been to way too many shows already and can no longer copy/paste the right set list :lol:

Or some of those that don't want to even hear the standards albums are emailing setlists to Bill

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 22:06 GMT 

I see I forgot to talk about Desolation Row. Interesting new version. One of those in the past would surprise You with in any concert. Nowadays he does "in any tour". Nice to hear.

The others I didn't talk of, I think, are Early roman kings (powerful), Soon after midnight (nice but nothing new), Beyond here lies nothin' and Duquesne whistle (don't have much to say about them: I guess they didn't show anything special and weren't particularly good).

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 22:26 GMT 

GuillemTM wrote:

I see Bill corrected it. Thanks!