Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 24th, 2017, 04:07 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 12:51 GMT 

Here's Hitchcock, outside The Palladium, in his fleeting cameo appearance in "The 39 Steps." About 6 minutes, 45 seconds in ...Image

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 12:53 GMT 

Wassappen ?!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 16:49 GMT 

Hello to all,

This is my first post here, and in less than ten days I'll be going to see Dylan for the first time just outside of Paris in my hometown! After lurking for years (mostly in hopes of finding that Sony is finally ready to put out the complete BOTT sessions!!), I have signed up because I have a couple of extras to hopefully get in the hands of Dylan faithfuls at face value... But more on that when I've had my first 5 posts approved!

Meanwhile, after near misses (Warfield in the 90s) and then avoiding large venues, I am very excited to finally see the man in person, even though I am admittedly a much bigger fan of everything up to Desire than most of what came after (Good As I Been To You and World Gone Wrong being the two exceptions).

Seems like his setlists are fairly stable these days, which is a bit of a shame but I imagine that gives the shows a more consistent quality. Either way, I've been listening to a lot of more recent records in anticipation and quite enjoying them.

PostPosted: Thu April 13th, 2017, 11:18 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Going to take in the Rodin exhibition while in Paris:
http://www.grandpalais.fr/fr/evenement/rodin-lexposition-du-centenaire

Yeah, I fancy that. I've never been to the Grand Palais. I see they have timed entry slots. I'd have to work out a slot after I arrive at the hotel and put my bags in the room and going to the first night at the Zenith. I suppose you just can't roll up and pay on arrival? They say you can't take bags in with you for security reasons.

I played safe and bought a ticket yesterday, I've had to estimate my time of arrival and just hope I'm in time for my slot. Looking forward to actually seeing the Grand Palais rather than walking past it.

PostPosted: Thu April 13th, 2017, 21:41 GMT 

Wednesday 14 Port Chester.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 10:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

Glasgow 8)

PostPosted: Tue April 18th, 2017, 16:15 GMT 

Just wondering.. has anyone going to the Palladium shows already received their tickets in the mail? I realise it's been a Bank Holiday, but if they mailed them out in early April, shouldn't they have arrived already? I live in London, too, so they wouldn't have to travel far..

PostPosted: Tue April 18th, 2017, 19:29 GMT 

As per another thread..(ref Palladium)
I emailed them last week and it seems they are sending them out shortly which is what they've been saying all along.
If mine haven't arrived by the end of this week I shall ring them.

moab

PostPosted: Tue April 18th, 2017, 19:36 GMT 

Whoever wrote to them last week probably received the same reply "Tickets for Bob Dylan are due to be despatched shortly. Please let us know should they not arrive 48 hours before the event. Should this not be convenient for you, collection can be arranged."

I will also wait until the weekend, and might need to contact them again after this to arrange a box office collection.

PostPosted: Tue April 18th, 2017, 19:42 GMT 

If mine haven't arrived by Monday I'm gonna be ringing Bob :lol: :lol:

moab

PostPosted: Wed April 19th, 2017, 04:59 GMT 

Laura wrote:
Just wondering.. has anyone going to the Palladium shows already received their tickets in the mail? I realise it's been a Bank Holiday, but if they mailed them out in early April, shouldn't they have arrived already? I live in London, too, so they wouldn't have to travel far..

Laura, I bought mine on first day of sale from the rutlive site and have phoned twice. The first time was about 2 weeks after some people who purchased theirs from the same outlet received them. I was told they had been despatched but to give it a couple of weeks. After about a month I phoned again and was told that they had been cleared for despatch and I should have received them. At that point they suggested I should collect duplicates from the box office in case they had been lost in the post. This I shall do, but you can only do it on the day of the show. It all seems a bit strange.

PostPosted: Wed April 19th, 2017, 19:48 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
Laura wrote:

Laura, I bought mine on first day of sale from the rutlive site and have phoned twice. The first time was about 2 weeks after some people who purchased theirs from the same outlet received them. I was told they had been despatched but to give it a couple of weeks. After about a month I phoned again and was told that they had been cleared for despatch and I should have received them. At that point they suggested I should collect duplicates from the box office in case they had been lost in the post. This I shall do, but you can only do it on the day of the show. It all seems a bit strange.

Agreed. I too phoned them weeks after I bought tickets and was told they had been sent out in the post in February, but had somehow gone missing, and to collect them from the box office on the day of the show. Now they say tickets are being posted out again? Confused.

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 18:53 GMT 

I don't think they've sent any tickets out yet and will probably send them out the week leading upto...which is like next week :shock:
Everyone who has emailed them (dvdunplugged, notdarkyet etc) and including myself (several times) are receiving the same replies.

moab

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 13:07 GMT 

Haha, my Palladium tickets finally arrived today! Sunday night row R in the stalls. See you all there! What a relief. I'm all sorted now for my 4 Dylan nights apart from collecting train tickets. There was a news item recently however about a strike next weekend affecting trains from the north-east. Luckily I wasn't planning to travel the day of the show so cross fingers please. Virgin Trains East Coast say there will be a full timetable on Saturday despite strike action.

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 13:44 GMT 

onemorecup wrote:
Haha, my Palladium tickets finally arrived today! Sunday night row R in the stalls. See you all there! What a relief. I'm all sorted now for my 4 Dylan nights apart from collecting train tickets. There was a news item recently however about a strike next weekend affecting trains from the north-east. Luckily I wasn't planning to travel the day of the show so cross fingers please. Virgin Trains East Coast say there will be a full timetable on Saturday despite strike action.

Wonderful news, giving me new hope that my ticket will arrive at these Irish shores in time as well.

I will only fly over for the show on the 29th, and all that is missing is my concert ticket purchased in February. Got my boarding passes printed out this week, and I even have already my Stansted Express ticket (hopefully not affected by the strike you write about).

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 18:57 GMT 

My Palladium tickets have arrived as well, finally.
8 more sleeps to the 29th :D :D
moab

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 20:10 GMT 

Luxemburg. Tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri April 21st, 2017, 20:14 GMT 

enjoy Angel,

I enjoyed listening to a lot of Tempest songs some time ago, dancing to waiting for you in the back,

met nice people, nice memory, fish and chips not to forget ;-)

this time not for me

lot of locations to make a choice

PostPosted: Sat April 22nd, 2017, 08:54 GMT 

The last time I spoke to the people at See Tickets (who power the rutlive website) they put me down to collect the tickets at the Box Office. If I now receive these in the posts I really will know if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

PostPosted: Mon April 24th, 2017, 12:42 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:
My Palladium tickets have arrived as well, finally.
8 more sleeps to the 29th :D :D
moab

My Royal Circle ticket for the 29th has also finally arrived today at these Irish shores, mere five days before the show this Saturday, and two months and one week after I had ordered and paid for it. As Dylan did not visit Europe last year, this my 80th Bob date will come after my largest concert gap since 1996-1998.

PostPosted: Mon April 24th, 2017, 19:17 GMT 

We're all ticketed and ready for off :D

PostPosted: Sun April 30th, 2017, 14:40 GMT 

Anyone know if there are any pre-gig parties / meet ups planned for the Bournemouth gig? Just wonderin'?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8