Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 10:12 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri March 24th, 2017, 16:29 GMT 

Let's go!!

PostPosted: Fri March 24th, 2017, 16:52 GMT 

Alouette wrote:
I got Kingston, NY ticket this morning!!!
presale in Poughkeepsie

This is the one I'd prefer to go to but I'm a bit skeptical after reading this. I might be better off going to Syracuse the next night.

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-news/20170321/bob-dylan-concert-site-owners-still-need-permit-from-kingston-to-put-on-show

PostPosted: Fri March 24th, 2017, 17:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

I did see that article.
hopefully they get permits.
Looks like a potentially great place for a show.

The town of Saugerties & Woodstock near by.
there's got to be local back up venues if needed.

That is a great area to hang out in.
Catskills, Hudson River, hiking etc.
the jolly cow too

PostPosted: Sat March 25th, 2017, 12:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

the Kingston venue is not far from Big Pink & Byrdcliffe

"All along the waterfront: Bardavon/UPAC brings Dylan and new concert venue to the Rondout
https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2017/03/23/ ... e-rondout/

Bob Dylan spent the late ’60s trying to keep a low profile in Woodstock. Forty years later he used Poughkeepsie’s historic Bardavon Opera House as a secret rehearsal space. Now, the music legend and newly minted Nobel laureate is putting his talent on public display in the Hudson Valley with a groundbreaking concert at a new music venue on the Kingston waterfront.

The June 24 show at the old Hutton Brickyard on North Street will mark the debut of the site as a music venue managed by the Bardavon 1869 Opera House. The company, which also owns Kingston’s Ulster Performing Arts Center, will act as promoter and organizer for the event.

The former brickyard was acquired by California-based developer MWest Holdings which has reinvented the site as an event space. Last summer thousands flocked to the weekend food and crafts festival Smorgasburg. The success of Smorgasburg, Bardavon Executive Director Chris Silva said, inspired him to begin exploring the venues potential for live music. After getting approval from MWest, Silva said, he began seeking a big act for the venue’s debut. With a 3,500 seat capacity, the open-air but roofed brickyard venue dwarfs the 1,500-seat UPAC and 944-seat Bardavon and can accommodate a larger crowd than Poughkeepsie’s 3,000-seat Mid-Hudson Civic Center.

“It’s opening doors for us,” said Silva. “We’re having conversations about acts that we were not having before because we were just not big enough.”

Silva’s relationship with Dylan and his management team dates back to 2005 when the music legend used the Bardavon as a practice space while recording his Modern Times album. Dylan returned in 2006 and 2011 to rehearse his band in preparation for touring. In each instance, Silva said, Bardavon staff kept the notoriously private singer-songwriter’s presence a well-guarded secret building trust that paid off when Dylan agreed to add the brickyard to an already packed summer tour schedule. Silva said he also appealed to the history buff in Dylan by sending then and now pictures of brickyard which was a mainstay of the Kingston waterfront dating back to the 19th century.

Bob likes to play new venues, he likes history and God knows he has roots in the Hudson Valley,” said Silva. “It just all came together perfectly for us.”

Representatives of MWest Holdings said that they hoped the concert would be a highlight of the second season at the venue. In addition to Dylan’s concert, the summer will see the return of Smorgasburg which will kick off on May 20 and 21 and run one weekend a month at the site through October. MWest President Karl Slovin stated in a press release that the 2017 season at the brickyard was “rapidly evolving” with the company forging relationships with top tier caterers, wedding planners and event coordinators.

“With the brickyards we are custodians of the, and stewards of the future,” Slovin stated. “And the future at the Hutton Brickyards is going to be a lot of fun — and quite special.”

On Wednesday, the Daily Freeman reported that MWest has yet to be granted a permit to hold concerts at the site. The story stated the matter will be taken up by the city planning board at its April or May meeting.
"

PostPosted: Mon March 27th, 2017, 16:40 GMT 

Got tickets for Hutton and Capital. 4 shows! YAY

Post subject: Re June 24th show
PostPosted: Mon March 27th, 2017, 22:46 GMT 

There was another article that quotes the mayor of Kingston as saying that Hutton B/Y has a special use permit.

PostPosted: Tue March 28th, 2017, 09:01 GMT 
Titanium Member

yayyy! see u in Kingston Buicksix
welcome to ER

PostPosted: Tue March 28th, 2017, 14:38 GMT 

Yes I met you at the Bardavon presale. I will be at all 3 Capitol shows and Hutton. As I told you I finally became a E/R member.

PostPosted: Tue March 28th, 2017, 20:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

Excellent
thanks for the coffee.
I have GA ticket for last night at Capitol too.
See you at the shows :D cheers

PostPosted: Wed March 29th, 2017, 14:28 GMT 

One more cup of coffee 'fore we go To the Brickyards show. LOL

PostPosted: Mon April 3rd, 2017, 11:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

'Bob Dylan to play another concert in Kingston'
June 23rd show just announced

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-new ... n-kingston

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/stor ... /99871098/

PostPosted: Mon April 3rd, 2017, 22:47 GMT 

To Ramona last night in Sweden, hope he keeps that one in the set list

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2017, 13:40 GMT 

Is anyone familiar with the Hutton Brickyards (attended the Smorgasburgs held there last year?)

After missing out on getting tickets to the first show, I was delighted to see them add a second one. When was ordering tickets I found: “We have run out of inventory for item: Hutton Brickyards Parking: Bob Dylan - Standard Admission Ticket”

Does that mean the venue parking lot is FULL? If so, where does one park? From Google Maps, it appears the place is in the middle of nowhere! On Sunday, I sent this inquiry to them via their site: https://www.huttonbrickyards.com/contact/ but haven’t received a reply. Yesterday I called the only telephone number I could find and it’s the holding company in California. She had no idea and suggested I wait for an email reply.

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2017, 18:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

I just spoke to box office at Bardavon
They said the parking plans, shuttle etc. should be finalized within next few weeks
And they don't anticipate a problem.

http://www.bardavon.org/show/bob-dylan-band/

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2017, 19:54 GMT 

Alouette wrote:
I just spoke to box office at Bardavon
They said the parking plans, shuttle etc. should be finalized within next few weeks
And they don't anticipate a problem.

Awesome! Thanks, Alouette. Tickets purchased! yay!

PostPosted: Wed April 12th, 2017, 00:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

Yay !! :D

PostPosted: Thu April 13th, 2017, 21:46 GMT 

I hope to go to a Smorgasburg (their spelling not mine) in May to check out the venue. I was able to get a parking pass for the 6/24 concert. They recommend car pooling. We should communicate on E/R to plan how to best do that.

PostPosted: Sat April 15th, 2017, 12:59 GMT 

Does anyone know what the early entry ticket to the Port Chester shows really means? What time is entry? Have emailed the Capitol but had no reply. Will try calling them today but if anyone knows how it works..... Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat April 15th, 2017, 13:50 GMT 

I'd be interested in finding out that same information. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue April 18th, 2017, 22:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

check out article from main page today.
Kingston city board planning members have concerns re.
city not being given opportunity to review plans for concerts at venue :!:
http://www.dailyfreeman.com/general-new ... n-concerts

PostPosted: Wed April 19th, 2017, 14:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sorry, but smells of a political move for someone waiting to have a few palms greased.

PostPosted: Wed April 19th, 2017, 19:28 GMT 
Titanium Member

Yeah, mayor & city planning board are contradicting each other too.
Should be fun show.
That's a great location
at the historic Hutton brick company
on the Hudson River
near Catskills,
Big Pink/ West Saugerties,
Woodstock,
Overlook mountain,
Bearsville
& the jolly cow
etc

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 01:42 GMT 

restless wrote:
Does anyone know what the early entry ticket to the Port Chester shows really means? What time is entry? Have emailed the Capitol but had no reply. Will try calling them today but if anyone knows how it works..... Thanks!

OK...but don't quote me on this:

Early entry means you pay more to get entry to General Admission, before the regular price G.A. ticket holders. (Regular G.A. entry I think is 7:00 ?).....thereby getting a much better chance of standing closer to The Bob.

I did not see a posted time for early entrants to this event, but did see a warning that said something along the lines of.....if you are late for early entry, you will not be afforded early entry....that is, if you arrive 5 minutes after early entry, yet 30 minutes before regular entry, you will have to wait until the regular entry time.

I have to imagine that a definite " early entry" time would be provided by the venue on, or close to the date of the show.

I have also been checking out these tickets because if me and the mrs. are going to any of these run of shows, these would be the shows.....but we haven't purchased yet.....anyway....they seem to be offering only these early entry tickets for Port Chester 1.....that was last week...

PostPosted: Thu April 20th, 2017, 20:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

Capitol theatre said to call or email slotix for early entry info.
On Capitol website it says slowtix will email customers
"1 week prior to show date with details about your package"

Their email & phone#
slocustomerservice@slotix.com
888 756 4849

I have Capitol early entry tickets too.
might try to sell one.

PostPosted: Tue April 25th, 2017, 12:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

FYI received email from bardavon on 4/20;

'Dear Bob Dylan Patron,

We're very happy to announce that additional on-site parking spots have become available at the Hutton Brickyards in Kingston NY where Bob Dylan will be performing Friday June 23rd & Saturday June 24th! Parking spots are $20 a carload for ticket holders (carpooling is encouraged).

These convenient onsite parking spots are just a 5 minute walk to your seat at the show..

If you would like to purchase a parking pass please stop by one of our Box Offices at the Bardavon in Poughkeepsie NY or the Ulster Performing Arts Center in Kingston NY - or call 845-473-2072 for Bardavon or 845-339-6088 for UPAC.

We're happy to offer these spots to you now, but don't delay because at the end of the month we will release the parking spots to Ticketmaster where additional fees may apply..'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next