Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 20:27 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon July 18th, 2016, 16:35 GMT 

But I bet during the moneyshot line of scarlet town! :lol: :lol: :lol:
depends on which outfit though, right amos???

PostPosted: Mon July 18th, 2016, 16:43 GMT 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Actually in Boston I was told it began near the end of the first set around one of the Sinatra songs
He smiled at some people near his piano too

Maine I was told by others it was in the beginning and then scattered
He smiled at a guy imitating him whose dad was an absolute sweetheart and lifesaver. He also smiled at people on the other side a couple times. Scattered.

Best two shows for me were Tanglewood and Foxwoods.
For Mavis. All of them.

PostPosted: Mon July 18th, 2016, 16:53 GMT 

well no one's ever told me he was looking at me but one time out of all the shows, I was sure he was smiling directly at me, but then he was like "sing it for my flat-chested junkie whore" :oops:
eyes locked just for that line... still it was exciting for me 8)

PostPosted: Mon July 18th, 2016, 18:00 GMT 
Titanium Member

keithdylan wrote:
I love Bob. Hiss idiosyncrasies are part of the charm, but how you have Mavis Staples open for you on a tour, someone you have known for 50+ years, someone you wanted to marry at one point in your life, someone you have worked with on more than one occasion, and do not do one song with her is beyond me.

Do we have confirmation that he even knew she was on tour with him?

PostPosted: Mon July 18th, 2016, 20:10 GMT 

Hal Jones wrote:
keithdylan wrote:
I love Bob. Hiss idiosyncrasies are part of the charm, but how you have Mavis Staples open for you on a tour, someone you have known for 50+ years, someone you wanted to marry at one point in your life, someone you have worked with on more than one occasion, and do not do one song with her is beyond me.

Do we have confirmation that he even knew she was on tour with him?

LOL

PostPosted: Mon July 18th, 2016, 21:09 GMT 

Lisa wrote:
well no one's ever told me he was looking at me but one time out of all the shows, I was sure he was smiling directly at me, but then he was like "sing it for my flat-chested junkie whore" :oops:
eyes locked just for that line... still it was exciting for me 8)

You're beautiful. I wouldn't look too deep into what he was singing when you locked eyes.

PostPosted: Tue July 19th, 2016, 01:07 GMT 

Amos, I gave you my card at the end of the nite. I remember the nite 5 years ago in the same exact location. We spoke about it in Boston. You had the cowboy hat and Bob gave you the definite nod.
One nite in Big flats a few years ago now i got up after the show ended and before the encore, Bob was still standing on stage and i walked down front. he looked right at me and gave me the nod. I had this bewildered look on my face, cause I was deciding to book it across the grass parking lot and get in position to follow the buses. It was a last minute decision, but I did literally run across the lot and get myself behind the buses. Just a minute later I thought of looking at my gas tank, almost on f'ing "E".
Damn, not prepared. I ended up going for broke and followed them back down the highway well past Binghamton where I was staying. It was beginning to be like a Seinfeld episode, trying to decide how long I could drive on E. traveling alone and 6 hours from home, I decided to get off and give it up.
This year in Boston I came prepared!!!
I'd like to share the picture of you I took, you look like a female Bob Dylan. From the 70's I'd say with the jacket. E-mail me when you get a chance. Cheers everyone, already jonesin' for more tour anticipation.

"Things come alive or they fall flat"

PostPosted: Tue July 19th, 2016, 02:25 GMT 

Mistress Mary wrote:
Amos, I gave you my card at the end of the nite. I remember the nite 5 years ago in the same exact location. We spoke about it in Boston. You had the cowboy hat and Bob gave you the definite nod.
One nite in Big flats a few years ago now i got up after the show ended and before the encore, Bob was still standing on stage and i walked down front. he looked right at me and gave me the nod. I had this bewildered look on my face, cause I was deciding to book it across the grass parking lot and get in position to follow the buses. It was a last minute decision, but I did literally run across the lot and get myself behind the buses. Just a minute later I thought of looking at my gas tank, almost on f'ing "E".
Damn, not prepared. I ended up going for broke and followed them back down the highway well past Binghamton where I was staying. It was beginning to be like a Seinfeld episode, trying to decide how long I could drive on E. traveling alone and 6 hours from home, I decided to get off and give it up.
This year in Boston I came prepared!!!
I'd like to share the picture of you I took, you look like a female Bob Dylan. From the 70's I'd say with the jacket. E-mail me when you get a chance. Cheers everyone, already jonesin' for more tour anticipation.

"Things come alive or they fall flat"

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Hi!!!!!!!! What a treat to bump into you here too. We should go to some shows together!!! We'd have a blast. I will definitely email you. I have the card in my suitcase. I was unpacking today and had to stop bc my rocking got really bad. I ended up with a vestibular migraine and really shouldn't be looking at my phone right now either. It hurts my eyes. Remember you mentioned mass eye and ear? I go again tomorrow.

How nice to "see" you here too. ❤️❤️ I'll send you a private message with my email as well since I'm on my phone and I'm right here.

PostPosted: Tue July 19th, 2016, 02:34 GMT 

Mass Eye and Ear is the best, I spent some time there with my late husband when he was fighting to survive. The tumor was in his sinus and the experts there tried to find a solution but it just all went down really fast. It's the Dylan songs and the shows that keep me going since his death. My friend now came here from Jacksonville. Another huge Dylan fan! he enjoyed the shows in Portland and Guilford. We're both just trying to come down to earth and get ready to go back to our hum drum little lives. Work tomorrow. Took the last five days off to become completely enthralled! Look forward to hearing from you. I hope you find a solution for your illness. I can't say enough about Brigham and Women's as well.

PostPosted: Tue July 19th, 2016, 02:49 GMT 

Mistress Mary wrote:
Mass Eye and Ear is the best, I spent some time there with my late husband when he was fighting to survive. The tumor was in his sinus and the experts there tried to find a solution but it just all went down really fast. It's the Dylan songs and the shows that keep me going since his death. My friend now came here from Jacksonville. Another huge Dylan fan! he enjoyed the shows in Portland and Guilford. We're both just trying to come down to earth and get ready to go back to our hum drum little lives. Work tomorrow. Took the last five days off to become completely enthralled! Look forward to hearing from you. I hope you find a solution for your illness. I can't say enough about Brigham and Women's as well.

They are also great. Again I'm sorry about your husband. My treatment that helps is at mt Sinai in NYC. I talk to that dr who is a PhD tomorrow. He discovered an optokinetic treatment that helps my syndrome. The vestibular migraines are a remnant of it. He said eventually they'll end too. I'm like, whhhheeeennnnnnn

He's a sweetheart though. A few weeks ago I was so down. We were talking and I told him I just wanted to give up. It's not going away and I was wasting his time. He had a patient so he had to go. It was a Friday and he leaves at 5. It was 5:30 and my phone rang. It was him. He said I want to tell you one thing... Don't you ever ever give up. You're getting better. You don't see it. But you are. Don't ever give up. I lost it and cried on the phone and embarrassed myself. He is a good person and scientist.

PostPosted: Sun November 27th, 2016, 13:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

Recollection is Gilford's ERK was quite solid (and as a fellow attendee described: "fire-spitting") at the time.
Was it just in contrast to the rest of the set?

Would love to hear this recording sometime, if it exists?