Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 18th, 2017, 16:33 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: More 'Drawn Blanks'
PostPosted: Mon August 3rd, 2015, 19:30 GMT 

Hello. New here and very new to BD's art.
Recently bought the medium Train Tracks in red which now hangs in a friend's hall looking beautiful. I really love it but I have been offered the opportunity to buy the new, larger Side Tracks, his current re-imagining of Train Tracks, a limited, original collection. It's 5 times the price of my medium one (!!!) which I now need to sell to use as a deposit. Anybody have any good suggestions as to what they think might be the best way to go about that?
Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Mon August 3rd, 2015, 21:31 GMT 
Senior Moderator

If you bought it from a Gallery get back in touch with them. Train Tracks in all its iterations is a sought after piece and it's likely they'll have details of potential buyers. Find out what the current price is too as most of the Drawn Blanks even the most recent ones, have increased in value.

PostPosted: Mon August 3rd, 2015, 21:42 GMT 

charlesdarwin wrote:
If you bought it from a Gallery get back in touch with them. Train Tracks in all its iterations is a sought after piece and it's likely they'll have details of potential buyers. Find out what the current price is too as most of the Drawn Blanks even the most recent ones, have increased in value.

Yes, thank you. They'll buy it back from me but only at the original price. As you say, it should be worth a little more.

PostPosted: Mon August 3rd, 2015, 22:24 GMT 

zimmerone wrote:
Bought two earlier this year, "bicycle 2012" in standard format and "sidewalk cafe" in medium. Dont get me wrong, I am far from loaded, just a working class guy, but was going to put £5,000 into an ISA and thought that these might be a better investement, plus give me a chance to own something special.

Had a hankering for "train tracks" though, that just seems to epitomise Bob. I have now put a deposit on a "train track"s in red, due to release next week. By then I will have three on my wall, the wife is not getting her new kitchen though. I am just hoping that if that rainy day comes along, I will be able to get my money back at least. Meantime, they are great to look at and it gives me a buzz to own them.

Same here! Transferring my ISA into the New York 'Side Tracks' which is only just released. Don't care if it appreciates in value or not but I'd be surprised if it didn't! It is amazing to look at in the flesh, blood on the tracks and everything :-)

I've got the red 'Train Tracks' in medium but I will sell that to raise the deposit on the new one. Be sad to see it go as I've thoroughly enjoyed it but it's only a print and my new original is truly the mutt's nuts.

PostPosted: Sun August 16th, 2015, 00:36 GMT 

Just picked up a Train Tracks 2014.
Moving into a new apartment soon, so it will have pride of place there.

Happy.

PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2016, 16:33 GMT 

Six new 2016 Drawn Blank releases are set for April 8! The images have all appeared before, so the colors will be the only thing new. No price increase this time around; all six will be in standard format.....grave

PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2016, 17:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

to the grave wrote:
Six new 2016 Drawn Blank releases are set for April 8! The images have all appeared before, so the colors will be the only thing new. No price increase this time around; all six will be in standard format.....grave

One 'new' image here:
https://twitter.com/castlegalleries/status/714739515118759936

PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2016, 18:03 GMT 

Yes, and we'll have new versions of Fisherman, Sidewalk Cafe, Sunday Afternoon, Sunflowers, and Man on a Bridge....grave

PostPosted: Fri April 8th, 2016, 13:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

Here they are:
http://www.canvasgallery.com/Bob-Dylan.cfm

PostPosted: Sun April 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:

I see Canvas is offering free shipping worldwide. Has anyone ordered from that gallery in the past? If so, how was the experience? I have always purchased from Castle Galleries, which I thought was most directly tied to the publishers of the works. It doesn't look like Canvas is one of their galleries, so does anyone have any information about the connection between all of these entities?

It sounds like Sunday Afternoon 2016 is now sold out, at least from Castle. Also, there will be a re-pricing on the back catalogue on May 1, so now is the time to buy any of those available works from older series.....grave

PostPosted: Sun April 10th, 2016, 17:22 GMT 
Senior Moderator

to the grave wrote:
It sounds like Sunday Afternoon 2016 is now sold out, at least from Castle. Also, there will be a re-pricing on the back catalogue on May 1, so now is the time to buy any of those available works from older series.....grave

That's what I've been told too. I like these bright and colourful 2016 versions.

PostPosted: Mon April 11th, 2016, 20:15 GMT 

Other things I have been told: 1) this may have been the penultimate Drawn Blank release; 2) more officially, any future Drawn Blank release(s) will not include the standard format images, so everything will be larger and more expensive.....grave