Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 05:47 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri October 16th, 2015, 23:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

Why no news on this yet?
This one could finally end up being Blood.
This damn copyright deadline stuff seems to be the real driver though.

PostPosted: Sat October 17th, 2015, 00:07 GMT 
Mercury Member

Don't understand why this thread took so long to appear....

PostPosted: Sat October 17th, 2015, 00:31 GMT 

This will be the moment that time-lines crossover and the bootleg series runs ahead of the non-bootleg series, marking the moment that the bootleg series of an album will come out before the release of the actual official album.

:?

PostPosted: Thu November 5th, 2015, 03:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Getting bored with Cutting Edge before it even comes out.
This Gospel Bootleg should go over fine by now.
If covers of Sinatra doing covers sells, who knows what's next?

PostPosted: Wed November 18th, 2015, 13:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

Correction: enjoying Cutting Edge immensely after being bored with all the hoopla surrounding it.
Another GREAT BS issue...hats of to Dylan, Inc.

Also repeat quote from BS13 thread:

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
oldmanemu wrote:
Still plenty from the sixties to come.

The pressure will be off regarding copyrights for a little while.

Instead of the Bootleg Series, they could always to an extended bonus track thing for John Wesley when that comes around since there may not be as much cutting room scrap to sweep up.
Same for Pat Garrett.

Capitalizing on Blood in either BS13 or BS14 makes sense while the audience is still alive.

Might say the same thing in the Where The Heck is Bootleg 14 Series thread...already been said in Where The Heck is BS12, right?

PostPosted: Wed November 18th, 2015, 14:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bootleg Series 14 - When the Heck is it being Released?

That would actually be a catchy title for the next Official Bootleg Series release.

PostPosted: Wed November 18th, 2015, 14:50 GMT 

Untrodden Path wrote:
Bootleg Series 14 - When the Heck is it being Released?

That would actually be a catchy title for the next Official Bootleg Series release.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed December 16th, 2015, 13:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

OK, I'm convinced right now that:

BS13 is Blood.

BS14 is this (as also posted in Slow Train Coming & 1980-04-20 Toronto Elite Series MASSIVE Upgrade threads):
Untrodden Path wrote:
A very desirable show and its a tragedy that the original intent to release was not fulfilled.

Perhaps when it is there will be some bonus cuts from the era that were never officially released as well. This remains one of the high spots of Dylan's career and much of what has followed since was shaped by this period.

Agreed Path!
For those unfamiliar with it, check this out:

April 20: Bob Dylan: Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada 1980 (Videos)

…The band was refreshed, and excited about the concert being recorded and filmed. Dylan delivers a power house performance. If you are a fan of the christian material, this is not to be missed. If you love to hear Dylan pouring his heart and soul into the show… this is the one.
~bobsboots.com

FANTASTIC concert from the “Third Gospel Tour”.

Concert # 4 of the Third Gospel Tour
Gospel concert # 54
1980 concert # 28
Massey Hall
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
20 April 1980

Bridges-Evans-King-Havis-Young:

Can I Ride (Rev Willie Morganfield)
(You’ve Got To) Hold On (?)
It’s Gonna Rain (Charles Bishop Johnson)
Look Up And Live By Faith (Reverend Roberts Lawrence Curtis)
Show Me The Way (trad.)
Freedom At The Wall (trad.)
This Train (Traditional arranged by Sister Rosetta Tharpe)

This show is also filmed and recorded on 24-track. “When He Returns” makes a rare reappearance in place of “When You Gonna Wake Up.” Before “Solid Rock,” Dylan gives his longest rap since the Tempe shows, relating how the Tempe audience had booed when he started to preach about the Book of Revelation. Ronnie Hawkins attends tonight’s show and meets Dylan backstage. He is unimpressed by Dylan’s Christian stance, later saying, “He had this black chick following him everywhere carrying a Bible and praising the Lord.”
~Clinton Heylin (Bob Dylan: A Life in Stolen Moments Day by Day 1941-1995)

Bob Dylan:

Gotta Serve Somebody
I Believe In You
When He Returns

Ain’t Gonna Go To Hell For Anybody

Cover Down, Break Through
Man Gave Names To All The Animals
Precious Angel
Slow Train

—– Mona Lisa Young: Stranger In The City (Healing) (?)
—– Mary Elizabeth Bridges: Walk Around Heaven All Day (Rev. James Cleveland/Cassietta George)

Do Right To Me Baby (Do Unto Others)
Man asked me on the street today, he said, “Well, if you believe all those things,” he said, “I just can’t seem to love my enemy.” That’s a tough thing to do, you know? That’s an impossible thing to do actually. Cause the natural mind, you know, can’t comprehend that. So if you’re in the natural mind you just can’t comprehend loving your enemy. That seems like a foolish thing to do, and it is. However, the supernatural mind can comprehend that. So when Jesus says “love thy neighbor as thyself,” he wasn’t exactly saying “roll over and play dead.” Actually, I wanna tell you a story here. We were playing in…about four months ago someplace, it was a college campus, I forget exactly where, Arizona, I think it was. Is that where it was? Where you there? All right. Anyway, I read the Bible a lot, you know, I mean it just happens I do and…So it says certain things in the Bible that I wasn’t really aware of until just recently. And, you know, at universities, you know, it’s like…they have a higher learning people there. They teach them different…like philosophies, so people they study all these different philosophies like Plato and who else now? Who? Jimmy Reed. Well, I can’t remember all their names. Nietzsche and those people like that. Anyway, in the Bible it has specific…it tells you specific things and in the Book of Daniel, and in the Book of Revelation, which just might apply to these times here. And it says certain wars are gonna, soon about gonna happen. I can’t say exactly when, you know, but say, pretty soon anyway and…So, at that time, you know, it mentions a country to the furthermost north and it has its symbol: the bear. It’s also is spelt R O S H in the Bible, now, this is written quite a few years ago, so it can’t really but apply to one country that I know. Unless you know another country that it can apply to. Maybe you do, I don’t. But then there’s another country called, I can’t remember what the name of it is, but it’s in the eastern part of the world and it’s got an army of 200 million foot soldiers. Now there’s only one country that that could actually be. So anyway, I was telling this story to these people. I shouldn’t have been telling it to them, I just got carried away. And…I mentioned to them, “Well, you all watch now because Russia is gonna come down and attack the Middle East.” It says this in the Bible. And I been reading all kinds of books my whole life, magazines, books, whatever I could get my hands on, anywhere, and I never found any truth in any of them, if you wanna know the truth. But these things in the Bible they seem to uplift me and tell me the truth. So I said this country is gonna come down and attack, and all these people, there must have been 50,000…[voice of band member): “If there was one.”] If there was one, that’s right. No, I don’t know, there wasn’t 50,000, there was, I don’t know, maybe 3,000, they all just booed. You know, like they usually do, they just booed. I said Russia’s gonna attack the Middle East and they all went “boo”. They couldn’t hear that, they didn’t believe it. And a month, a month later Russia moved their troops into, I think, Afghanistan, it was, and the whole situation changed, you know. I’m not saying this to tell you, you know, that they was wrong and I was right or anything like that. But these things that is mentioned in the Bible I pay mighty close attention to. So it does say that, talking about this man here called Anti-Christ. Now we’ve had a lot of previews of what the Anti-Christ could be like. We had that Jim Jones, he’s like a preview. We had Adolf Hitler, a preview. Anyway, the Anti-Christ is gonna be a little bit different than that. He’s gonna bring peace to the world for a certain length of time. But he will eventually be defeated to. Supernaturally defeated. And God will intervene. But you’re still gonna have to be aware of these things. You need something strong to hang on to. I don’t know what you got to hang on to, but I got something called a solid rock to hang on to that was manifested in the flesh, and justified in the spirit, and seen by angels, preached on in the world.
~Bob Dylan (before Solid Rock)
Solid Rock

Saving Grace
What Can I Do For You?

Saved (Bob Dylan/Tim Drummond)
In The Garden—
Are You Ready?
Pressing On

Personnel

Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar)
Fred Tackett (guitar)
Spooner Oldham (keyboards)
Tim Drummond (bass)
Terry Young (keyboards)
Jim Keltner (drums)
Clydie King, Gwen Evans, Mary Elizabeth Bridges, Regina Havis, Mona Lisa Young (background vocals).

Toronto is the largest city in Canada and the provincial capital of Ontario. It is located in Southern Ontario on the northwestern shore of Lake Ontario. Toronto is a relatively modern city. Its history begins in the late 18th century, when the British Crown purchased its land from the Mississaugas of the New Credit. The British established a settlement there, called the Town of York, which its lieutenant governor, John Graves Simcoe, designated as the capital of Upper Canada. The city was ransacked in the Battle of York during the War of 1812. In 1834, York was incorporated as a city and renamed Toronto. It was damaged in two huge fires, in 1849 and 1904. Over the years, Toronto has several times expanded its borders through amalgamation with surrounding municipalities, most recently in 1998.The city has 2.6 million residents, according to the 2011 Census. It is currently the fifth most populous city in North America. The census metropolitan area (CMA) had a population of 5,583,064, and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) had a population of 6,054,191 in the 2011 Census. Toronto is at the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, and of the densely populated region in Southern Ontario known as the Golden Horseshoe. Its cosmopolitan and international population reflects its role as an important destination for immigrants to Canada. Toronto is one of the world’s most diverse cities by percentage of non-native-born residents, with about 49% of the population born outside Canada. As Canada’s commercial capital, it is home to the Toronto Stock Exchange and some of the nation’s largest banks. Toronto will host the 2015 Pan American Games.Massey Hall is a performing arts theatre in the Garden District of downtown Toronto. The theatre originally was designed to seat 3,500 patrons but, after extensive renovations in the 1940s, now seats up to 2,765.
Massey Hall and the more intimate Eaton Auditorium were the only substantial concert venues in Toronto before the opening of Roy Thomson Hall as the new home of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra and the Toronto Mendelssohn Choir.Massey Hall was designated a National Historic Site of Canada on June 15, 1981.

http://alldylan.com/bob-dylan-massey-ha ... ert-video/

PostPosted: Thu December 17th, 2015, 04:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

My guess it that it will be released after Bootleg Series 13.

PostPosted: Thu March 3rd, 2016, 09:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

I'll go with that.

Seems like this one will be Blood-related if 13 isn't.

PostPosted: Mon April 18th, 2016, 11:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

13-Blood

14-Gospel

PostPosted: Mon April 18th, 2016, 12:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
14-Gospel
Lord, have mercy! I hope you're correct!!!

PostPosted: Mon April 18th, 2016, 13:17 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
13-Blood

14-Gospel

Got some insider info, or is this wishful thinking?

At this point, I'd honestly prefer a Gospel release before the BOTT release. I don't expect many surprises for BOTT, but the Gospel could contain anything.

PostPosted: Mon April 18th, 2016, 16:21 GMT 

TimeandTempo wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
13-Blood

14-Gospel

Got some insider info, or is this wishful thinking?

At this point, I'd honestly prefer a Gospel release before the BOTT release. I don't expect many surprises for BOTT, but the Gospel could contain anything.

As mentioned in another thread, they have a solo version of the entire BOTT album from the early sessions, which should be really interesting ...

PostPosted: Tue April 19th, 2016, 06:11 GMT 

If the last reply was correct I am really looking fwd to Blood On The Tracks Bootleg Series but have to say that Volume 14 will probably be the first Bootleg Series I don't purchase.

PostPosted: Sat June 18th, 2016, 21:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

dvdunplugged wrote:
If the last reply was correct I am really looking fwd to Blood On The Tracks Bootleg Series but have to say that Volume 14 will probably be the first Bootleg Series I don't purchase.

How do you even know that? We still have to find BS13 first!

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 18:07 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
dvdunplugged wrote:

How do you even know that? We still have to find BS13 first!

Since we are almost sure it will be Live 1966, let's jump to the wild speculation of Bootleg Series 14 :mrgreen:
It is the first one not driven by copyright laws and with a bit of imagination (multiple choices).
I'll go for Blood On the Tracks: Complete Sessions (6 Cds including early sessions and facsimile of the little red notebook in a Big Red Box). The title would be Bootleg Series Volume 14: Simple Twist of Fate - The Complete Blood On The Tracks

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 18:10 GMT 
Titanium Member

Must be Blood on the Tracks finally! Or it's Christian or it's Supper Clubs. It could be 80's though. I think a new studio album will appear before the 14th box.

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 18:37 GMT 

the way things are going, we'll get official word on this before we do on 13.

-justin

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 18:55 GMT 

JWH outtakes + the remainder of The Basement Tapes.

Driven by EU copyright law.

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 19:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

pol2jem wrote:

Copyright Collection, yes, but Bootleg Series?

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 19:25 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
pol2jem wrote:

Copyright Collection, yes, but Bootleg Series?

You're right; more likely to be a Copyright Collection than a BS release.

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 19:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'd love for a BS to finally be some live NET material, or else a Tell Tale Signs Part 2 with more of the ModBob studio work

Or they could really treat us and give us Salt Lake City '76

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 23:08 GMT 

Nightingale's Code wrote:
I'd love for a BS to finally be some live NET material, or else a Tell Tale Signs Part 2 with more of the ModBob studio work

Or I'm Cold, Street-Legal piano demos, World Gone Wrong sessions, the list goes on and on. At this pace it'll take another 50 years to have everything. Bootleg Series Volume 50 - When the Heck is it being Released?

PostPosted: Tue September 20th, 2016, 23:27 GMT 

BobDylan66 wrote:
Nightingale's Code wrote:

Or I'm Cold, Street-Legal piano demos, World Gone Wrong sessions, the list goes on and on. At this pace it'll take another 50 years to have everything. Bootleg Series Volume 50 - When the Heck is it being Released?

That's what is amazing to me. I have a hard enough time picking a favorite album... I can't come close to picking what I want to hear most out of the BS. In addition to yours, the Gospel collection, Home demoes across the board, Masked and Anonymous sessions, the Clydie King (?) duets album, the Bromberg sessions, an alt Time Out Of Mind, the Dylan School of American Music from pre-L&T... that's just a few from the top of my head... I can't wait for the next, whatever it may be.