Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 22:31 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu October 8th, 2015, 15:08 GMT 

I have been having mega problems with my laptop the last few days. Yesterday google would not let me log in. After many tries I had to start a new account. I couldn't use my gmail address because the system says it is already being used. I had to change my user name as well. My messages come through on my hotmail account which I do not want. Surely you can revert me back to my old settings. I had about 770 posts there but now only 2, help. :(

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 02:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

BRITISHROCK1 wrote:
I have been having mega problems with my laptop the last few days. Yesterday google would not let me log in. After many tries I had to start a new account. I couldn't use my gmail address because the system says it is already being used. I had to change my user name as well. My messages come through on my hotmail account which I do not want. Surely you can revert me back to my old settings. I had about 770 posts there but now only 2, help. :(

You are not the first to suffer this indignity.

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 02:19 GMT 

When you say Google will not let you in, what do you mean? Into your email, or your ER account?

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 09:55 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
When you say Google will not let you in, what do you mean? Into your email, or your ER account?

When I kept trying to log in I was repeatedly asked to fill in the capcha which I did but got sent back to logging in again. When I tried to re register the forum stated my email address was already in use. Well of course it was it was me using it. Google had already stopped me downloading some concerts. A message came up at the foot of my laptop saying ' Google is blocking this download as it may be a threat. I automatically blame Google for the problems with my account. What has really annoyed me is that by having to re register I am now classed as a new member. I had done about 775 posts now I am down to 4. :(

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 14:51 GMT 

Send a PM to the moderators.

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 15:24 GMT 
Mercury Member

BRITISHROCK1 wrote:
kuddukan wrote:

When I kept trying to log in I was repeatedly asked to fill in the capcha which I did but got sent back to logging in again. When I tried to re register the forum stated my email address was already in use. Well of course it was it was me using it. Google had already stopped me downloading some concerts. A message came up at the foot of my laptop saying ' Google is blocking this download as it may be a threat. I automatically blame Google for the problems with my account. What has really annoyed me is that by having to re register I am now classed as a new member. I had done about 775 posts now I am down to 4. :(

Have you tried logging in to the old account today? Also, do you sign in through tapatalk? Were you using a different wifi than you usually use? I once could not log into an account because the strange wifi was not recognized.

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 15:46 GMT 

I always used Google to bring up Expecting Rain and got my messages through Gmail. I still go to Google but get my messages through hotmail because it said my Gmail account was in use. Of course it is in use it is my account. I only ever use my laptop in the lounge and use the same router. Oh the joys of the 21st century. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 15:49 GMT 

I'm not sure what you even mean by "used google to bring up Expecting Rain."

Are you saying you can't get into your Gmail account anymore?

Type www.expectingrain.com in the address bar of your browser.

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 15:54 GMT 
Mercury Member

kuddukan wrote:

Type http://www.expectingrain.com in the address bar of your browser.

I suggest this as well. Skip going through any other route and go directly to ER's web address, and then try to long in with your original username and password.

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2015, 16:58 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
I'm not sure what you even mean by "used google to bring up Expecting Rain."

Are you saying you can't get into your Gmail account anymore?

Type http://www.expectingrain.com in the address bar of your browser.

I can get into gmail but no messages from ER arrive. Everything else arrives in gmail. I normally use Google as my search engine. All my ER messages now arrive through hotmail because when I re registered it said my gmail address was already being used. I will take your advice and pm the administrators. :?

PostPosted: Thu March 31st, 2016, 21:10 GMT 

I have a question and this looked as good a place as any to ask.

I've been away from ER a while, probably since I last saw Bob in Atlanta in spring of 2015. I could not get on my account no matter how many of my standard password combinations I tried. Then my 7-8 odd e-mail addresses didn't register when I tried the 'forgot my password' option.

AND I can't figure out how to PM mods directly anymore.

any help???

arabia

PostPosted: Fri April 1st, 2016, 05:32 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Welcome back, arabia, it's nice to see you. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Unfortunately, there is no way for the mods to reactivate a dormant or inaccessible acount and assign it to "new" user (new password, new e-mail address). I'm afraid you'll have to remain still arabia.

You can send and receive PMs after making five approved posts on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri April 1st, 2016, 12:54 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

I just hope that Arabia is going to be respectful of fellow forum users... I believe that I speak for all when I say that we don't want any nonsense or controversial views being expressed on this fine social media vehicle.

Like Bob said, love is just a four letter word... and being kind with our words is our way of demonstrating our love for each other.

Repectfulness and politeness cost nothing... I pray that arabia will agree that rudeness and abrasive behaviour has no platform on this wonderfully open and embracing site.

Let us embrace each other... let us hug each other tightly and supportively.

PostPosted: Fri April 1st, 2016, 19:02 GMT 

thickboy wrote:
I just hope that Arabia is going to be respectful of fellow forum users... I believe that I speak for all when I say that we don't want any nonsense or controversial views being expressed on this fine social media vehicle.

Like Bob said, love is just a four letter word... and being kind with our words is our way of demonstrating our love for each other.

Repectfulness and politeness cost nothing... I pray that arabia will agree that rudeness and abrasive behaviour has no platform on this wonderfully open and embracing site.

Let us embrace each other... let us hug each other tightly and supportively.

as always I'll daily struggle to hold up your high example thickboy.