supermabel1 wrote:
A crock of cheese! Cor! :o

:D :) 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 23rd, 2015, 17:12 GMT 

My favorite cheese is Red Leicester.

PostPosted: Wed May 27th, 2015, 11:19 GMT 

Leonard wrote:
My favorite cheese is Red Leicester.

Really? That sounds like it should be beer!

PostPosted: Wed May 27th, 2015, 15:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

oldmanemu wrote:
I see no point in the foes list and it would be a good idea if it was ended.

No.

PostPosted: Thu May 28th, 2015, 00:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

Harry Truman wrote:
oldmanemu wrote:
I see no point in the foes list and it would be a good idea if it was ended.

No.

YES

PostPosted: Thu May 28th, 2015, 14:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

Then allow Mercury Members to ban idiots.

PostPosted: Fri May 29th, 2015, 10:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

Harry Truman wrote:
Then allow Mercury Members to ban idiots.

Certainly not, we must all learn to tolerate fools.

PostPosted: Fri May 29th, 2015, 16:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

Can we have a caste system?

There should be a more formal caste system here, just so that everyone knows which posters you are allowed to question.

The Brahmins will be allowed to say anything, true or not. Only Brahmins may interact with other Brahmins.

The Rajanyas would include moderators. Their main purpose is to protect the board. They may interact with the Brahmins, but may NOT question them or alter their posts.

The Vaishyas would be allowed to post freely and will be afforded respect dues to their status. Despite their higher rank, they may not interact directly with the Brahmins. They may interact directly with the Rajanyas, but must afford respect and admiration to the upper classes. No direct contact with the Brahmin is allowed other than to echo statements made, etc.

The Shudras are allowed to post, but must keep their opinions to themselves.

New members are shunned and placed into a category with the other Untouchables. Only the wisdom of the Rajanyas will free them from their lowest of the low status. really the only way out is to congratulate the Rajanyas or Vaishyas on the wisdom of their posts. An untouchable must not even read a Brahmins thread.

PostPosted: Fri May 29th, 2015, 16:30 GMT 

Bennyboy!!

PostPosted: Sat May 30th, 2015, 10:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

Harry Truman wrote:

There should be a more formal caste system here, just so that everyone knows which posters you are allowed to question.

The Brahmins will be allowed to say anything, true or not. Only Brahmins may interact with other Brahmins.

The Rajanyas would include moderators. Their main purpose is to protect the board. They may interact with the Brahmins, but may NOT question them or alter their posts.

The Vaishyas would be allowed to post freely and will be afforded respect dues to their status. Despite their higher rank, they may not interact directly with the Brahmins. They may interact directly with the Rajanyas, but must afford respect and admiration to the upper classes. No direct contact with the Brahmin is allowed other than to echo statements made, etc.

New members are shunned and placed into a category with the other Untouchables. Only the wisdom of the Rajanyas will free them from their lowest of the low status. really the only way out is to congratulate the Rajanyas or Vaishyas on the wisdom of their posts. An untouchable must not even read a Brahmins thread.

It would not work!

PostPosted: Sat May 30th, 2015, 11:00 GMT 

Harry Truman wrote:

Is it gender neutral? I have no problem w/men being put into a caste system.

PostPosted: Sun May 31st, 2015, 00:10 GMT 

honestly ive been trying to avoid ending up in a cast, those things seem smelly and itchy

PostPosted: Mon June 1st, 2015, 16:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

oldmanemu wrote:
Harry Truman wrote:

It would not work!

IT will work. I am an OPTIMIST.

PostPosted: Tue June 2nd, 2015, 11:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

We are all equal here.

PostPosted: Tue June 2nd, 2015, 13:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

False. Moderators don't treat people the same.

PostPosted: Wed June 3rd, 2015, 00:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Harry Truman wrote:

They do really, it depends on your attitude and what you post.

PostPosted: Wed June 3rd, 2015, 02:29 GMT 

Harry Truman wrote:

Agree! I reposted something I picked up here & it was denied (no reason given). I had a question about a photo someone had posted on the Spanish thread. So, obviously, whoever posted it the 1st time had no problem w/it, or rather, a moderator had no problem w/it and the person posting.

PostPosted: Wed June 3rd, 2015, 02:31 GMT 

oldmanemu wrote:
Harry Truman wrote:

They do really, it depends on your attitude and what you post.

Sorry, oldmanemu, I disagree. See above, please ^.

PostPosted: Wed June 3rd, 2015, 10:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

I have always found the Moderaters to be fair, they have the interests of the entire forum at heart , not just individual members.

PostPosted: Wed June 3rd, 2015, 19:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

:lol:

Certain moderators do have an axe to grind with some posters. If you are ever so lucky as to have your very own moron following you around the board reporting everything you post, you'll get to experience how "fair" things are.

"Madame X doesn't like you so we're giving YOU a timeout. She's free to lie and post racist links. You've offended HER and she's complained so you have to have a timeout."

Complaining about Expecting Rain referring traffic to white supremacist websites is treated the same as the actual act.

It certainly is not Fair, nor has it or the moderators ever purported to be as such.

PostPosted: Thu June 4th, 2015, 00:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Harry Truman wrote:

Certain moderators do have an axe to grind with some posters. If you are ever so lucky as to have your very own moron following you around the board reporting everything you post, you'll get to experience how "fair" things are.

"Madame X doesn't like you so we're giving YOU a timeout. She's free to lie and post racist links. You've offended HER and she's complained so you have to have a timeout."

Complaining about Expecting Rain referring traffic to white supremacist websites is treated the same as the actual act.

It certainly is not Fair, nor has it or the moderators ever purported to be as such.

Again I am forced to disagree with you. I once had a moron n who reported me constantly to the mods , but it was handled well. I am no cleanskin I have been in trouble because of my posts and even was awarded a 9 day holiday from here for my indiscretions, but I was at fault and have no complaints.

PostPosted: Thu June 4th, 2015, 04:22 GMT 

Harry Truman wrote:

Agree, Harry. I had many posts rejected (even when posting something that was already posted here), and I am polite, so was wondering if misogyny or ageism played a part. I also refuse to respond to anyone who has more than once been rude to me. It has made for a rough start here.

PostPosted: Thu June 4th, 2015, 10:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

stjulienlepauvre wrote:
Harry Truman wrote:

Agree, Harry. I had many posts rejected (even when posting something that was already posted here), and I am polite, so was wondering if misogyny or ageism played a part. I also refuse to respond to anyone who has more than once been rude to me. It has made for a rough start here.

I am sorry you both feel that way as you have both made excellent contributions to this forum and are well respected by most members.

PostPosted: Thu June 4th, 2015, 11:08 GMT 

Agree, Harry. I had many posts rejected (even when posting something that was already posted here), and I am polite, so was wondering if misogyny or ageism played a part. I also refuse to respond to anyone who has more than once been rude to me. It has made for a rough start here.[/quote]

I am sorry you both feel that way as you have both made excellent contributions to this forum and are well respected by most members.[/quote]

Thank you, oldmanemu. I appreciate your kind words.