Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed February 21st, 2018, 19:15 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Sun February 17th, 2013, 22:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:

I have no doubt , and my correspondence with the company has influenced my doubtlessness, that these products will all make it to the market. Next on tap is the blonde on blonde, in march, and their last release was Jan.

Well, I hope your right, Troub. I've been waiting for that 1/2 speed BOTT vinyl for about a year now, and have become a little frustrated with the multiple delays. I'd get the Blonde on Blonde, but isn't it like, 6 sides? That's a lot of flipping. (I bet it'll sound great, though)

PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2013, 10:28 GMT 

Hard Rain and GAIBTY arrived in the post! I'm at working from home today so I'm gonna turn the sound up
and let them play F***IN LOUD!!!!

PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2013, 13:47 GMT 

Wonderer wrote:
Added Desire to my collection today.

As well you should have! Haha, that's awesome.

And good listening ^^^^...hope you're as happy with your GAIBTY as I was.

PostPosted: Sat February 23rd, 2013, 08:01 GMT 

Musty wrote:
Wonderer wrote:
Added Desire to my collection today.

What was your first Dylan album ? Mine is TTTAAC (is this right ?) - I received in 1978 - and
it sounds today as brilliant as in this days, when I have been 18 . And I can always hear the same
magic in this songs again.

PostPosted: Sat February 23rd, 2013, 10:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

Got my Hearts Of Fire soundtrack vinyl today. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 05:58 GMT 

michael curtius wrote:
Musty wrote:

What was your first Dylan album ? Mine is TTTAAC (is this right ?) - I received in 1978 - and
it sounds today as brilliant as in this days, when I have been 18 . And I can always hear the same
magic in this songs again.

My first two Dylan vinyl records were Greatest Hits Vol. II and Blood on the Tracks. Both gifts from my Dad which I still have and cherish....couldn't have asked for a better start to a wonderful world of music.

The first one I bought, was my original first press mono Highway 61, which I bought without knowing its value. Just wanted it because I had been listening to it on CD a tonnnnn before the first concert I saw....and I was stupid enough to spend 50 dollars on it.

Didn't know until later, that it was well worth the price for the condition its in, and I certainly would have paid it in a heartbeat now after the knowledge I've gained since then.

PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 07:34 GMT 

Quote:
My first two Dylan vinyl records were Greatest Hits Vol. II and Blood on the Tracks. Both gifts from my Dad which I still have and cherish....couldn't have asked for a better start to a wonderful world of music.

The first one I bought, was my original first press mono Highway 61, which I bought without knowing its value. Just wanted it because I had been listening to it on CD a tonnnnn before the first concert I saw....and I was stupid enough to spend 50 dollars on it.

Didn't know until later, that it was well worth the price for the condition its in, and I certainly would have paid it in a heartbeat now after the knowledge I've gained since then.

[/quote]

Hi !
Before The Flood I had have heard too many nights with headphones on, too loud, I loved t´ way Bob is singin,
damaged my ears and could not longer attend any concerts. This happened 25 years ago ... :shock:
I´m happy now, my ears healed up a bit and I go to concerst nowadays but only open air !
Somewhere I read about this, that Bob don´t felt good with that tour with the Band, when Before The Flood
was recorded. A dream of mine would be , if ever Bob release a new album with a concert on it .
It will not, I think. :cry:
Tell me, what was your first concert ? Cheers ! Mike

PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 13:17 GMT 

^^^^ If you mean Dylan concert, it was Oct. 26, 2010...at Michigan State University.

Wow, what an experience that was. As I said before, I had only heard Highway 61 for few weeks before that concert, so when I heard all the songs that were played, I was blown away.

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Bob on guitar)
3. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
(Bob on guitar)
4. Just Like A Woman
5. Rollin' And Tumblin'
6. Masters Of War
7. Summer Days
8. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
9. High Water (For Charley Patton)
10. Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob on guitar)
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Workingman's Blues #2
13. Thunder On The Mountain
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man

(encore)
15. Jolene
16. Like A Rolling Stone

It was beautiful. Just Like A Woman, Hard Rain, Summer Days, Memphis Blues, High Water, Masters Of War....all were so fantastic. And this was when Sexton was still on fire, and posing as "the band leader." A wonderful experience.

However, my second time seeing Bob was one hundred times more impressive.

My first Dylan concert record was Hard Rain....and I bought it at the peak of my Rolling Thunder love. I must have spun that endlessly for about 2 weeks. But, the first concert I heard on disc was the Bootleg Series 1966. Loved it.

PostPosted: Tue February 26th, 2013, 07:29 GMT 

Musty wrote:
^^^^ If you mean Dylan concert, it was Oct. 26, 2010...at Michigan State University.

Wow, what an experience that was. As I said before, I had only heard Highway 61 for few weeks before that concert, so when I heard all the songs that were played, I was blown away.

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Bob on guitar)
3. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
(Bob on guitar)
4. Just Like A Woman
5. Rollin' And Tumblin'
6. Masters Of War
7. Summer Days
8. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
9. High Water (For Charley Patton)
10. Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob on guitar)
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Workingman's Blues #2
13. Thunder On The Mountain
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man

(encore)
15. Jolene
16. Like A Rolling Stone

It was beautiful. Just Like A Woman, Hard Rain, Summer Days, Memphis Blues, High Water, Masters Of War....all were so fantastic. And this was when Sexton was still on fire, and posing as "the band leader." A wonderful experience.

However, my second time seeing Bob was one hundred times more impressive.

My first Dylan concert record was Hard Rain....and I bought it at the peak of my Rolling Thunder love. I must have spun that endlessly for about 2 weeks. But, the first concert I heard on disc was the Bootleg Series 1966. Loved it.

Thanks for telling ! I appreciate it ! The second time, it was hundred times more impressive.
Please tell me about that too some words - you made me really curious :roll: . Cheers ! Michael

Should we change the thread?- Go to that one with this: What shows have you been ?
Perhaps ?

PostPosted: Wed March 6th, 2013, 15:58 GMT 
Titanium Member

John B. Stetson wrote:
Troubadour64 wrote:

I have no doubt , and my correspondence with the company has influenced my doubtlessness, that these products will all make it to the market. Next on tap is the blonde on blonde, in march, and their last release was Jan.

Well, I hope your right, Troub. I've been waiting for that 1/2 speed BOTT vinyl for about a year now, and have become a little frustrated with the multiple delays. I'd get the Blonde on Blonde, but isn't it like, 6 sides? That's a lot of flipping. (I bet it'll sound great, though)

indeed alot of flipping and wrist action... but good things come to those who work for it, and i'm quite adept with my forearms. i mean.. er, forget it. i keep on forgetting that i ordered it, so one day it's just going to surprise me. going to make the spring tour warm up routine all the more enjoyable...

PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2013, 17:15 GMT 

Had to bump this thread for purposes of self-flagellation.

I walked into the record store for my weekly trip, did my rounds Bowie, Cohen, Dylan. When something caught my eye and my they bulged out of my head and I almost had a heart-attack. A pristine original copy of World Gone Wrong. Unfortunately it was about $40 above sensible and I walked out feeling quite defeated however I did manage to nab Songs From a Room by Leonard Cohen and White Chalk by PJ Harvey.

However losing World Gone Wrong is gonna hurt for a bit. Let's get a re-issue soon please!

PostPosted: Wed May 8th, 2013, 18:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

Omigod if it's still there i'd easily buy it from you for $60!

oh wait, $40 above sensible, now i got it.

you've described my dream story, which i know will never come true. where again do you live? i remember you finding something else wonderful once.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 02:41 GMT 

Troubadour64 wrote:
Omigod if it's still there i'd easily buy it from you for $60!

oh wait, $40 above sensible, now i got it.

you've described my dream story, which i know will never come true. where again do you live? i remember you finding something else wonderful once.

Haha, I was waiting for you to spot this post Troub...this is also a dream of mine.

I already jumped on Wonderer to purchase her for me, but he says, the moment has passed and somebody beat him to it.

I'd pay at least as much as I payed for my Time Out of Mind, and probably more....please, Dylan Gods, let our dreams come true!

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 02:52 GMT 
Titanium Member

:lol:

At a certain point, I'll consider trading my copy of Time out of mind for it I'm sure! Music on Vinyl will probably come around eventually though....

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 02:58 GMT 

Hmmm, I don't know, trading my TOOM would be a big move for me...I really cherish it for the condition, the price I got it for (surprising cheap...gotta' love it when a record joint doesn't know what they're carrying 8) ) and for my simple love of the music.

So trading it might not be an option for me, I'll just have to shell out the dough.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 03:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

of course i was using the gesture for dramatic emphasis!

I would make sure I would have overplayed it by the time I handed it over, but I would have that fear of wanting to hear it as an old man, and not having it.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 03:07 GMT 

Troubadour64 wrote:
of course i was using the gesture for dramatic emphasis!

I would make sure I would have overplayed it by the time I handed it over, but I would have that fear of wanting to hear it as an old man, and not having it.

I'm glad to hear that! And apologize that translation was lost via internet.

Well, I'll at least promise that if I find two, that I'll pick one up for ya. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 03:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

flattered. So flattered that I will say I'd do the same. In fact, if I ever find three, i'd get you two!

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2013, 03:53 GMT 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun July 21st, 2013, 09:26 GMT 

In some weeks Bob will play at Royal Albert Hall again ... did he ever play there before ??
^^
What I really want so bad - :shock: - is Free Trade Manchester Hall -Concert 66 on vinyl !!

But it´s too expensive there at discogs.

Last edited by michael curtius on Sun July 21st, 2013, 09:56 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun July 21st, 2013, 09:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
did he ever play there before ?

Once or twice

PostPosted: Sun July 21st, 2013, 17:05 GMT 

Went into my local shop to pick up a used copy of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and figured I'd peruse the new spate of Dylan records the owner posted about on the facebook page. I'll confess I wasn't going to spend $30 on Japanese reissues of "Self Portrait"; and I have to be in a certain mood for "Desire" and "Nashville Skyline"--but when I found an unplayed Japanese reissue of "Highway 61"... Well, I knew I had to spring...

PostPosted: Sat August 31st, 2013, 12:15 GMT 

^^ it is a good thing, that there are always some Bob Dylan albums (vinyls) - I don´t have !
So I´m lookin´forward to get them - in a future time ! :) :) :) For example Real Live and the Biograph Box .
Few weeks ago I gave all my money away for a Bootlegseries issue Volume 4 , Bob Dylan Live 1966 , CK2- 65759-1.
The needle is moving heavy around -in some elliptic curve. :shock: Could be something wrong with it -nevertheless -the sound is ok.??
When the mid is not in the mid - I think , the sound would be distorted .

PostPosted: Sat November 15th, 2014, 01:25 GMT 

just thought i would bump this…..

what i want to know is: anyone have 2 bootleg vinyl….Life Sentence (June 2, 1978) and Joaquin Antique (BOTT ny takes and a couple of other things - it came out just before or after BOTT was released)

Joaquin is pretty valuable now….as are some other bootleg vinyl

PostPosted: Sat November 15th, 2014, 01:38 GMT 

oldfan wrote:
Life Sentence (June 2, 1978)l

I'm sure I saw that on Ebay.uk this week or last.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next