Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 17th, 2017, 07:53 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: White Man Stew?
PostPosted: Sat March 30th, 2013, 12:58 GMT 

Does anyone know what happened to the White Man Stew site and whether it will return? The links from this discussion forum are all dead, as is the site. Stupidly, I've waited until recently to start downloading all of the shows and I'm only at the 22nd episode of the 1st season!

(By way of introducing myself, I'm a Dylan fan from Toronto. Going to Buffalo next week and then California, PA the week after. I've enjoyed this site for some time, but only registered a couple of weeks ago.)

Post subject: Re: White Man Stew?
PostPosted: Sat March 30th, 2013, 15:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

Hopefully Croz will see this and let you know what's happening...

PostPosted: Sat March 30th, 2013, 17:35 GMT 

I kick myself for not having cottoned on to the site earlier. All the more because it's the only place where I've seen Glenn Gould and Bob appreciated together. I've often wondered whether Bob has listened to Glenn Gould. Totally different artists, with very different approaches to music and recording, and yet not entirely unsympathetic, in my view.

PostPosted: Thu April 4th, 2013, 11:54 GMT 

Hi folks!

I recently closed down the White Man Stew blog as I had finished re-posting the TTRH and need to move on on other personal projects. The TTRH archives have moved to a new home and I will be keeping them there for as long as I can cover the hosting costs:

Theme Time Radio Hour Archives

I had to migrate the entire archive to a different server and made my typical stupid mistakes so it took longer than I thought.

The WMS home page now redirects there and I will put up a 404 for folks trying to find specific entries through whatever avenue. When I get my own musical career on track and start blogging again I hope I can share it with the most excellent ER community!

Sorry for the confusion and enjoy the shows! 8)

PostPosted: Thu April 4th, 2013, 17:06 GMT 

Thanks so much, Croz. The current busyness of my life means it will take a little while for me to download all of these, but I'll hop to it as best I can. I'll also make a contribution to help cover your costs.