Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun December 17th, 2017, 00:39 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 06:57 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 13th, 2012, 17:27 GMT
Posts: 1967
Location: Passing through
the_revelator wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Are there painter's easels that you can automatically move the canvas up and down to reach all areas if it's very large? Because these paintings are huge and Bob isn't that tall really. I'm trying to imagine how he works on them.



Yes, but more than likely his studio assistants have built a 'pulley system,' which is commonly used to easily access every area of very large canvases.


Is he working on them on tour? Must be, I think. Because there are lot of paintings and I don't think he did them all in the two or so months he was not touring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 12:26 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43312
Location: Beneath the Southern X
Mutabor wrote:
I don't think he did them all in the two or so months he was not touring.


The signs said 2008 - 2011, so that's a lot of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 25th, 2013, 12:29 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43312
Location: Beneath the Southern X
the_revelator wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Are there painter's easels that you can automatically move the canvas up and down to reach all areas if it's very large? Because these paintings are huge and Bob isn't that tall really. I'm trying to imagine how he works on them.



Yes, but more than likely his studio assistants have built a 'pulley system,' which is commonly used to easily access every area of very large canvases.


Alright, thanks.
I still wish they'd publish a few photos of him painting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 1st, 2016, 13:33 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43312
Location: Beneath the Southern X
Which Henry Ford is the Henry Ford whose house Dylan rents in East Hampton, in Chronicles?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 1st, 2016, 13:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri March 11th, 2005, 14:15 GMT
Posts: 598
Location: Albuquerque
Johanna Parker wrote:
Which Henry Ford is the Henry Ford whose house Dylan rents in East Hampton, in Chronicles?


It is Henry Ford II, grandson of the founder of the Ford Motor Co.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 1st, 2016, 15:05 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43312
Location: Beneath the Southern X
scottw wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Which Henry Ford is the Henry Ford whose house Dylan rents in East Hampton, in Chronicles?


It is Henry Ford II, grandson of the founder of the Ford Motor Co.


Ah yes, that would have been my guess. Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Questions Thread
PostPosted: Mon February 1st, 2016, 18:38 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu July 10th, 2008, 15:11 GMT
Posts: 11573
Location: brighton uk
the_revelator wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Are there painter's easels that you can automatically move the canvas up and down to reach all areas if it's very large? Because these paintings are huge and Bob isn't that tall really. I'm trying to imagine how he works on them.



Yes, but more than likely his studio assistants have built a 'pulley system,' which is commonly used to easily access every area of very large canvases.


At his age this sounds a bit dangerous, he should keep his feet on the ground! I don't like to think of him swinging about on a pulley.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group