Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 11:35 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun December 9th, 2012, 02:56 GMT 

jcastro wrote:
Otro: Cartagena 1995 07 20. Uno de los "venues" más extraño en los que he estado. En el puerto de dicha ciudad, se colocaron containers de camión para delimitar el acceso. El despliegue de seguridad fue insólito: guardia civil, policia nacional e incluso patrulleras del ejercito de la Marina vigilando desde el agua :shock: :shock: ...qué esperaban que iba a ocurrir a allí :lol: :lol:

Puerto Deportivo de Cartagena
Cartagena, Spain
20 July 1995

1. Crash On The Levee (Down In The Flood)

2. I Want You

3. All Along The Watchtower

4. Shelter From The Storm

5. You’re A Big Girl Now

6. Silvio (Bob Dylan & Robert Hunter)

7. Tangled Up In Blue

8. Masters Of War

9. To Ramona

10. God Knows

11. License To Kill

12. Highway 61 Revisited

13. Ballad Of A Thin Man

14. The Times They Are A-Changin'

15. Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35

Concert # 708 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 13 of the 1995 European Summer Tour. Concert # 68 in 1995.

Concert # 252 with the 9th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), John Jackson (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), Winston Watson (drums & percussion).

7–9, 14 acoustic with the band.
7, 8, 14 Bob Dylan harmonica.

10 new songs (66%) compared to previous concert. 1 new song for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 110 minutes.

cd1: http://www.mediafire.com/?fpuzostq31gqdq2

cd2: http://www.mediafire.com/?0erz7gxs7q5w6t8

Foto: Manuel Díaz

Disfrútalo

J

Siguiendo con las revisiones de gopherstick, un show recomendable con un "sorprendente" Silvio..
a escucharlo entonces!
gracias JC por compartirlo

Quote:
GOPHERSTICK LISTENING GUIDE
July 20 Cartagena
Sound: 8 (heavy sounding recording so twist up the treble and you'll be there. The vocals have that thick bass-covered sound, but he sings clearly)
Highlights: many things, but an amazing Silvio tops them all
Comments: Committed show tonight. Very deliberately paced singing from Bob, he's in complete control of the speed tonight. A couple talkers in the audience but they are back and muffled, hardly worth mentioning. Damn, you know when Silvio rocks you're listening to a good show. The band is smoking hot.
Bottom Line: Great fun tonight. Not a roof-raiser with the Silvio exception, but an understated and terrific performance. Add this cool little show to your want list.

PostPosted: Sun December 9th, 2012, 02:59 GMT 

jcastro wrote:
Velodromo Luis Puig
Valencia, Spain
21 July 1995

1. Crash On The Levee (Down In The Flood)

2. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

4. Just Like A Woman

5. Positively 4th Street

7. Mr. Tambourine Man

8. Gates Of Eden

9. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

10. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

11. I Believe In You

12. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat

13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

14. My Back Pages

Concert # 709 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 14 of the 1995 European Summer Tour. Concert # 69 in 1995.

Concert # 253 with the 9th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), John Jackson (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), Winston Watson (drums & percussion).

7, 9, 14 Bob Dylan harmonica.

11 new songs (73%) compared to previous concert. No new songs for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 115 minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1y962kurry3z0gf

Disfrútalo

J

Nuevamente Silvio entre los destacados!
gracias!

Quote:

Gopherstick listening guide
July 21 Valencia
Sound: 8 (vocals are clear and up front, great separation but the guitars are buried)
Highlights: I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, Silvio (yes, Silvio)
Comments: "...tonight is gonna last all night..." So sings Bob on I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, and when they're playing like this I wish it would. Hey, remember the days when Silvio rocked harder than any other song in the setlist? Well, listen to these July Silvio's and you'll get a swift kick in the ear, man do they kick ass. What is it about Heaven's Door that inspires such a sing along event night in and night out? I swear, this is like Not Fade Away was for the Dead.
Bottom Line: Good show, entirely average at times, but the highlights make this one well worth finding.

PostPosted: Sun December 9th, 2012, 17:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

Completamos el año 95. Sobre este concierto tengo un par de anécdotas. La primera es que mi hermano Quino y yo, hicimos el recorrido desde Barcelona a Zaragoza siguiendo el autobús de Bobby; de madrugada e hipnotizados por las luces rojas del bus, cuando me dí cuenta, mi hermano llevaba como 5 km conduciendo dormido, con los ojos cerrados, OMG, a punto de matarnos,....las cosas que hacemos los fans de Bobby. La segunda anécdota fue el ticket suplementario a la entrada que pagamos, por unas supuestas sillas reservadas en primera fila, ...las sillas por supuesto, nunca aparecieron, pero la organización se reembolsó una buena cantidad de dinero.

Pabellón Príncipie Felipe
Zaragoza, Spain
25 July 1995

1. To Be Alone With You

2. Lay Lady Lay

4. When I Paint My Masterpiece

5. You're A Big Girl Now

7. Mr. Tambourine Man

8. Desolation Row

9. Love Minus Zero/No Limit

10. Tombstone Blues

11. In The Garden

12. Obviously Five Believers

13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

14. One Too Many Mornings

Concert # 711 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 16 of the 1995 European Summer Tour. Concert # 71 in 1995.

Concert # 255 with the 9th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), John Jackson (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), Winston Watson (drums & percussion).

7, 14 Bob Dylan harmonica.

Note. First When I Paint My Masterpiece since Clearwater, Florida 11 November 1992.

12 new songs (80%) compared to previous concert. 3 new songs for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 115 minutes.

cd1 http://www.mediafire.com/?4jcxc8eczpzsblg
cd2 http://www.mediafire.com/?sn89ono49h7co3l
Disfrútalo

J

PostPosted: Mon December 10th, 2012, 00:47 GMT 

gracias JC! vamos de vuelta con la revision de gopherstick para esta fecha..

July 25 Zaragoza

Sound: 5 (everything is a little distant except for the crowd, the guitars are up front with the vocals, which if you listen close are clear. The sound gets really distant for the last 5 or 6 songs, though)

Highlights: When I Paint My Masterpiece, Tombstone Blues,

Comments: See, this is what baffles me about Bob. He pulls out the first Masterpiece in 3 years and it's marvelous, a great fun version. Then he plays it a grand total of 2 more times on the tour. Bob, seriously, you don't have to play Tambourine Man 86 times and Masterpiece only 3. Well, ok, he does play Watchtower 115 times this year, so if anything I should be complaining about that. All I'm saying is if you want people to come to the shows for more than just to hear a couple of your greatest hits, then play the other stuff and show them you can really play them well. Neil Young does it all the time. You're still catering, Bob, play what you want and we'll still see you. Isn't it about time? Anyway, he's singing well tonight, so that's the main thing.

Bottom Line: Entertaining show tonight. The band is hot and Bob isn't too far behind them. Adjust to the sound and enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat December 15th, 2012, 17:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

El último del año 1998: Escalarre
Doctor Music Festival
Escalarre, Spain
11 July 1998

1.Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat

2.Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)

3.Cold Irons Bound

4.I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

5.Can't Wait

6.Silvio (Bob Dylan & Robert Hunter)

7.Cocaine Blues (trad.)

8.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

9.Tangled Up In Blue

10.Forever Young

11.Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

12.I Shall Be Released

13.Highway 61 Revisited

14.Love Sick

15.Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35

16.Blowin' In The Wind

Concert # 1005 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 32 of the 1998 Europe Summer Tour. 1998 concert # 69.

Concert # 152 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

7–10, 16 acoustic with the band.

8 new songs (50%) compared to previous concert. No new songs for this tour.

Image Foto Fernando Merinero.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9i5a92xac7zbqgq

Disfrútalo

J

PostPosted: Mon December 24th, 2012, 14:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hoy es nochebuena, todos tenemos tristezas que arrastramos, a veces sin querer ...pero de cualquier forma intentad ser felices nadie lo hará por nosotros excepto nosotros mismos.

Pavillón Multiusos do Sar
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
9 April 1999

1.You're Gonna Quit Me (Mance Lipscomb)
2.Mr. Tambourine Man
3.The Times They Are A-Changin'
4.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
5.Tangled Up In Blue
6.One Too Many Mornings
7.Fourth Time Around
8.God Knows
9.Just Like A Woman
10.Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
11.Make You Feel My Love
12.Can't Wait
13.Like A Rolling Stone

14.Love Sick
15.Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35
Blowin' In The Wind
17.Highway 61 Revisited

Concert # 1077 of The Never-Ending Tour. Third concert of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 31.

Concert # 224 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

1–7, 16 acoustic with the band.

4 Bob Dylan harmonica.

15, 16 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

Note. First version of God Knows since Bournemouth 2 October 1997.

6 new songs (35%) compared to previous concert. 4 new songs for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 105 minutes.

Parte1 http://www.mediafire.com/?r6d99bqa43m50ts
Parte2 http://www.mediafire.com/?1xk3czx4j8xjqli

Disfrútalo

JC

PostPosted: Mon December 24th, 2012, 16:32 GMT 

Segun gopherstick, un concierto de antologia, asi que será interesante para disfrutar en estos dias festivos....

Gracias por compartirlo Jesus!

Gopherstick listening guide wrote:
April 9 Santiago de Compostela
Sound: 9 (beautiful sound on this recording! Warm and close vocals, the band is bright and well separated, the crowd is back but still there, I wish they were all like this!)
Highlights: all of it
Comments: Bob comes right out and nails You're Gonna Quit Me, then, and just to prove that he's ready to go, sings with dedication and energy on Tambourine Man, a stiff challenge if ever one existed. And if you're still not convinced, the next song is Times, and brothers and sisters let me tell you, he sells this version! And so it goes. Don't Think Twice is a blistering romp, with the vocals twisting over and through the foot-stomping sound with a wistful sort of joy. The harp slows it down then brings it back up to an even higher summit than before. Tremendous! Hell, even Tangled Up in Blue is downright tolerable tonight, thanks again in no small part to the outrageously good music the band is making. Bob's starting to slur his vocals a bit, we'll see if he calms down with the next tune to right the ship. Well, aside from Boots of Spanish Leather there's no better song to get back on track with than One Too Many Mornings. I love how the crowd usually thinks it's Heaven's Door and they cheer extra loud. A very well sung 4th Time Around follows, and what a way to end a brilliant acoustic set. And it gets better, as Bob dusts off God Knows for the first time since 1997. He starts off, "God knows I love you..." and just leans into slowly, like he's curious about how it'll all sound. Relax Bob, it sounds cool. Just Like a Woman and Stuck Inside of Mobile are up next and again, Bob sings both very well. And on and on again and again. (that is the worst sentence I've ever written) The rest of the show plays out the same: one sweet tune after another. Can't Wait is a huge snake slinking through a whorehouse, listen to that slutty little shaker, hell yeah, crank the volume on this one! Bob is part pimp, part priest, and the guitars are making some kick ass weather behind him. He stutter-sings his way through LARS and carries the energy straight through to the end of the raucous evening.
Bottom Line: Not the hottest setlist ever made, but who cares? Bob's on fire, the band is superb, the recording is super, what's not to like here? Go get this one, highly recommended!

PostPosted: Tue December 25th, 2012, 10:17 GMT 

Gran show el de Santiago. Si no recuerdo mal, un sonido impecable y Bob en plena forma. Destacar el "4th Time Round", que algún iluminado de la prensa en su análisis del concierto confundió con la canción de los Beatles "Norwegian Wood".

PostPosted: Tue December 25th, 2012, 16:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

Vamos con otro:

Teatro Jovellanos
Gijón, Spain
10 April 1999

1.You're Gonna Quit Me (Mance Lipscomb)
2.Mr. Tambourine Man
3.Masters Of War
4.Desolation Row
5.The Times They Are A-Changin'
6.Boots Of Spanish Leather
7.Tangled Up In Blue
8.All Along The Watchtower
9.Just Like A Woman
10.Can't Wait
11.Make You Feel My Love
12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick
14.Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35
15.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
16.Like A Rolling Stone

Concert # 1078 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 4 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 32.

Concert # 225 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

1–6, 15 acoustic with the band.

7 Bob Dylan harmonica.

14 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

4 new songs (25%) compared to previous concert. 3 new songs for this tour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ct92uceg51e9xcm

Disfrútalo

J

PostPosted: Wed December 26th, 2012, 12:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

Velódromo Anoeta
San Sebastian, Spain
11 April 1999

1.Friend Of The Devil (Jerry Garcia - Robert Hunter - John Dawson)
2.My Back Pages
3.Masters Of War
4.It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
5.Tomorrow Is A Long Time
6.Tangled Up In Blue
7.One Too Many Mornings
8.Everything Is Broken
9.Not Dark Yet
11.Just Like A Woman
12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick
14.Maggie's Farm
15.Blowin' In The Wind
16.Not Fade Away (Norman Petty/Charles Hardin)

Concert # 1079 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 5 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 33.

Concert # 226 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

1–7, 15 acoustic with the band.

7 Bob Dylan harmonica.

1, 5, 15, 16 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

11 new songs (68%) compared to previous concert. 7 new songs for this tour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xh6qwrxto5fl8qf

Disfrútalo

J

PostPosted: Wed December 26th, 2012, 15:28 GMT 

¡Qué concierto macho!!!!!!!!!! En este estuve en primera fila al lado de tu hermano Quino.

PostPosted: Wed December 26th, 2012, 15:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

pachito wrote:
¡Qué concierto macho!!!!!!!!!! En este estuve en primera fila al lado de tu hermano Quino.

Como de costumbre :lol: :lol: Feliz año nuevo Pachi!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat January 5th, 2013, 12:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bueno empezamos el año 2012+1, con otro show del 99

Palacio de Festivales
Santander, Spain
13 April 1999

2.Fourth Time Around
3.The Times They Are A-Changin'
4.Mama, You Been On My Mind
5.Tangled Up In Blue
6.Forever Young
7.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
8.Gotta Serve Somebody
9.Positively 4th Street
10.Cold Irons Bound
11.She Belongs To Me
12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick
14.Silvio (Bob Dylan & Robert Hunter)
15.Blowin' In The Wind

Concert # 1080 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 6 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 34.

Concert # 227 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

14 Bob Dylan harmonica.

2 Larry Campbell bouzouki.

1, 6, 8, 14-16 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

10 new songs (62%) compared to previous concert. 6 new songs for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 100 minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fs0kdvloh93tayv

Disfrútalo

J

PostPosted: Sun January 6th, 2013, 00:12 GMT 

Aqui los reviews de Gopherstick para abril del 99, los faltantes de la gira española: de Gijón a Barcelona...(conciertos de Gijon, San Sebastian y Santander recientemente publicados por jcastro)

Quote:
April 10 Gijon
Sound: 8.5 (the guitars are clear and bright, the rest of the instruments well separated, the vocals up and loud. The only problem is that they have a touch of venue echo on them now and them, but nothing bad at all. This is another killer recording. Towards the end of the acoustic set this recording cleans to an easy 9. Intrepid tapers, you spoil us!)
Highlights: Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Comments: The first few acoustic tunes are completely average, then Bob tries in vain to perk up a bit during Desolation Row. He sings plenty of verses, but his vocals sound raspy and you can tell he's reaching a bit. Still, it limps along, and then the usually stellar Boots of Spanish Leather follows and even that is listless tonight. Things take a slight turn up during the electric set. Wow, dig Bob's yell on Just Like a Woman, where did that come from? Don't Think Twice is short and sweet, and LARS ends the show in majestic fashion.
Bottom Line: No bad points, but no song really stands out above the rest, either. A good, solid average show.

April 11 San Sebastian
Sound: 8 (the vocals are clear but dry and flirt with echo now and then. The bass is hard to hear as well)
Highlights: Masters of War, Tomorrow is a Long Time, One Too Many Mornings, Not Fade Away
Comments: This is the first time all tour that the crowd is around the recording. They talk a bit here and there, but it's not so bad. Bob is still sounding crispy and baked, but he is annunciating much better than Gijon the night before. Friend of the Devil and My Back Pages make for a very interesting pair to kick a show off with, and they're both cool versions. Masters of War follows and strangely enough that is the main highlight of the first three songs. Terrific guitar work by all parties involved, they climb the scales again and again. Tomorrow is a Long Times starts off a little out of tune, but they quickly correct themselves. Best vocals of the night by Bob, he always sings this one great. The taper seems to be fiddling with his rig or his jacket or something during the song, trying to get comfortable perhaps? One Too many Mornings ends the opening acoustic set with a beautiful harp solo, and despite the talkative crowd it still was a damn fine set of music. A surf flavored Everything is Broken leads off the electric set, but Bob's voice needs a day off, his timing sounds just a bit tired. Bob messes up the band introductions, telling the crowd that Larry is playing the drums. He introduces David Kemper next, realizes his mistake, then says to hell with it and reverses himself again, joking with the crowd that David is playing guitar tonight. Not Fade is a wonderful way to end a concert, and the guitars will have you grinning like an idiot at your speakers. The vocals are messy as usual.
Bottom Line: He sings two of my favorite songs, Tomorrow is a Long Time and One Too Many Mornings, so there's no way I'm giving this one anything less than a hearty recommendation.

April 13 Santander
Sound: 8 (vocals are clear but are not as upfront as I'd like. Well, perhaps it's not really that but the fact that the overall sound is about 10% too far back. The guitars are loudest, followed by the thin drums and shallow bass. This one definitely can use a little knob-twisting)
Highlights: Fourth Time Around, Mama, You Been On My Mind, Forever Young, the band on Not Fade Away
Comments: This show isn't too bad. It's a mildly killer setlist, no doubt about it. The trick usually is with these April shows is that if Bob is 'on' during the opening acoustic set, then the rest tends to follow suit. I guess my point is that he rarely is able to recover from a mediocre acoustic set, that the electric set is tough to salvage. Things are not as grim as all that tonight, no indeed, he's turning in some fine performances. Listen to the vocal turns and sneering on Mama, You Been On My Mind, he's hilariously playing the wide-eyed innocent on this version. Forever Young works well because the backing vocals are so mellow. When Larry is singing louder than Bob it's never a good thing. This one has perfect levels in my opinion. Backup vocals should be low in the mix, there if we want to listen to them, not shoved inside our ears. The electric set crawls out of the gate with Bob offering half-hearted attempts at Gotta Serve Somebody, Positively 4th Street and even Cold Irons Bound is boring. Things get better with a more focused She Belongs to Me and the jam-fest of Highway 61. Silvio has a scarce encore slot appearance, but there's nothing special about the tune tonight. The only encore tune worth anything is the way the band jams out Not Fade Away; they're crunchy and tight, too bad Bob's heavy-fisted solo is so shrill.
Bottom Line: Another solid show here. Not essential, but easily worth a listen or two.

April 14 Madrid
Sound: 7 (heavy, muffled vocals, the bottom end has flooded and swamped anything resembling treble here, so reach for those controls and tweak things in your favor. You can clean this one up to about an 7.5 during the slower tunes)
Highlights: Love Minus Zero/No Limit, Senor, Blowin' in the Wind
Comments: After fiddling with the controls a bit to get this one dialed in, 'the moment' just never comes. Aside from a good Love Minus Zero, the acoustic set is a lazy construction area. Senor is the first major highlight of the electric set, listen to how Bob acts the part of a weary sort of Don Quixote. Tom Thumb's Blues follows and it's a tired thing, Bob's vocals slow the parade down to a crawl, and it almost dies right there on stage. Nothing seems to shake them out of the funk; the Simple Twist of Fate is a yawner, Highway 61 is more of a thick molasses than a jam, and Rolling Stone sounds more like a eulogy than a sarcastic fairy tail. The only time his hemped-over delivery works is on Blowin' in the Wind, a great and subtle work of art. The band must be applauded for this one. And again on Not Fade Away, Bob finally lets them off the leash, so to speak, and they rip the song apart. Bob, if you're going to hog the solo's every night at least play more harp, one harp solo a show is a drag.
Bottom Line: Average show here; a couple nice tunes but mostly just another concert.

April 15 Valencia
Sound: 8.5 (vocals are upfront and loud, but they threaten to buzz the high end at times. It's almost as if the taper's deck was just about to overload. The guitars are clear as a bell, every note comes sparkling through. Still, with the unnatural distance between the band and the audience as well as the sometimes buried guitar ad drums, this one would be a perfect candidate for a remastering job. The sound as it is leans more towards an 8 if you held a gun to my head, but when vocals are this clear I tend to get all giddy and let my excitement cloud any objectivity I have left)
Highlights: Masters of War, Girl From the North Country, Highway 61 Revisited
Comments: Well, Bob is frustrating the hell out of me of late. We're in the midst of a fine run of shows, but he's just been scraping by, the past few shows have been good, but by no means great. Tonight continues this simply satisfactory trend unfortunately, although the signs are looking up. My Back Pages tries to get things off on the right foot, but it's Masters of War that really starts the show for me. Bob is playing the Preacher and his Pulpit. Listen to how he hits the "...like I see through the water that runs down my drain..." line, it's awesome. The whole song is like that, wild phrasing abounds. And as only Bob can, he picks an odd song that wouldn't seem like a natural choice to back a song like Masters of War, but when he plays it, it sounds perfectly obvious. This time he runs out Girl From the North Country, and it's a beautiful version, with shades of the great 1995 vocals. Tangled, Tambourine Man and Forever Young are nothing to write about, and that's the acoustic set for you. Hey, 2 acoustic highlights is about the average, you know? The electric set opens with a clattering and killer version of Can't Wait, complete with 1:20 intro, and Bob's oily, back ally vocals turning this song from the typical end-of-his-rope longing to a professional plea for love, but not the sweet kind, this kind of love is more what a pimp wants one of his girls to feel for him or something, very downtown. Then Bob does his setlist trick again, playing Just Like a Woman right after, and folks he does this too often to call it coincidence. It's amazing to watch him construct these things night after night, it's a like a child playing with blocks or Lego's, trying to build things in a slightly new way every time.
Bottom Line: This one, like the past few shows, had such potential for huge monster performances, but instead are merely good-to-above-average.

April 17 Malaga
Sound: 9 (vocals are bright and close, the guitars are clear and very distinct, the crowd is not a factor at all, like most of these splendid tapes. Another beautiful recording here, thank you tapers, wherever you may be!)
Highlights: To Ramona, the harp on Don't Think Twice, I Shall Be Released
Comments: This show kicks off with decent versions of Friend of the Devil, a great To Ramona (or do I just think it's great because he hardly ever plays it? Hmm, maybe a little of both), a Masters of War that goes nowhere, a good and upbeat version of Desolation Row, and an awful Times, complete with missed cues and trailing lyrics. A wholly average Tangled and Don't Think Twice follow. The harp solo on Don't Think Twice is a sorely needed relief, and it's as wonderful as it usually is. This time gives it a playful rising toot, like in the old cartoons. The electric set is a little better, but not much. A spirited attempt at 'Til I Fell In Love With You and I Want You ultimately fall flat, and only a quality airing of I Shall Be Released rises to the top of the rest. And really, is there anything funnier than hearing Bob call someone (in this case show opener Andres Calamaro) his "amigo"?
Bottom Line: above average, call it a B- if you like the grade school report card system of scoring.

April 18 Granada
Sound: 8 (vocals are clear and just a step out in front of the band. he guitars
Highlights: The acoustic set, To Make You Feel My Love
Comments: The tapers who recorded these shows really did a superb job. The crowd is rarely a factor, the guitars arm usually warm, and of course the vocals are out there leading the way. Hey, finally and at last, an acoustic set that is consistently rewarding. From a sardonic Fourth Time Around, a damning Masters of War, and the gem of the evening, a robust and beautiful Visions of Johanna. As you may know, Bob is usually only playing the harmonica once an evening, and here he picks Mr. Tambourine Man and he just goes off on it, it's such a happy shock to hear him wail away on these shows. The acoustic set ends with a somber Hattie Carroll, and Tony leads the funeral waltz with a dignified root. The electric set cannot sustain the fragile heights of the acoustic set and is simply decent, with the special exception of a lovely To Make You Feel My Love. Bob knew he hit it, too, listen to how he greets the crowd for the band introductions after. I think he also calls his opening act, Andres Calamaro, his buddy in Spanish.
Bottom Line: Great acoustic set makes this show recommended.

April 19 Murcia
Sound: 8.5 (crisp and close vocals, the band is a bit more 'back' than usual, but having Bob's vocals up this much makes up for. It's like an optical illusion: I know this isn't balanced perfectly, but when you listen to it, it sounds great)
Highlights: Masters of War, My Back Pages, You're a Big Girl Now
Comments: Christ, what do you think about this Masters of War? The show starts off with a normal waking up slightly off key Friend of the Devil and then an uninspired Tambourine Man. Then he gets to Masters of War, sets up his little pulpit and proceeds to lay out a very deliberate and harrowing story. He comes in late on a verse, starts another one early, but nothing matters because he's singing it so well. What could be better than that? Well, how about the Tomorrow is a Long Time that follows? This time the backup vocals are better, and while this isn't the end-all-be-all airing, just to have these two songs put back to back is cause for minor celebration. Shame he didn't break out the harp for it, but we can't have it all. Anyway, Bob butchers Times next, so we're back to reality. My Back Pages is soft and this time Bob blows a tender harp solo, slowly building a three or four note pattern up into a swift, and sadly shrill, affair. The crowd is back in the mix too, if you were wondering, and their applause sounds like rain. Tombstone Blues is a slow burning rocker with the usual lyrical slips and crunchy guitar hooks. Always a fun listen in 1999. Then of course when you realize they're playing almost the exact same riff for Maggie's Farm to close the show you feel slightly foolish.
Bottom Line: Your average Spring '99 show. More ups than downs, in great sound.

April 21 Zaragoza
Sound: 9 (the vocals leap out of the speakers and jump right down into your ears, the acoustic guitars are bright and up front, with the bass and drums back in he mix. Very nice recording)
Highlights: Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie, Blowin' in the Wind, What Good Am I?, Highway 61 Revisited
Comments: Well, God bless Elizabeth Cotton! Oh Babe it Ain't No Lie is such a great opener for Bob. It's not that fast paced, has some comfortable backup vocals, and the lyrics are easy as anything to remember. Bob nails it here, then turns in a much more competent Tambourine Man than he did the night before. He senses this as well because he pulls out the harp halfway through and jams with himself a bit to a delightful end. Great stuff! You know, is it just me or does Bob's guitar playing get better when he's on top of the lyrics? I suppose on some level that makes sense, if he's hitting the verses his confidence shoots up a notch or two and he can focus on the guitar. Listen to Masters of War, damn, for Bob that's some pretty nice playing. The crowd is a non-factor being so far back in the mix, and there is basically nothing between you and Bob on this one, which is always a good thing to say the least. The tapers really went above and beyond during this tour, most of these recordings are nothing short of superb, catching every note and word in total clarity. What the hell is Bob saying after Girl of the North Country, is that...Spanish? No time to reflect, they've already launched Hard Rain into the water. He hits the "...darling young one" line with obvious relish, and even the usually dire backup vocals are decent here. Bob pulls out a surprise airing of Blowin' in the Wind to end the opening acoustic set, and it's a good one, Bob's all over the lyrics, eager to sing them and to get to next set of questions. The electric set is subdued and a little less potent. What Good Am I? is beautifully performed. Bob laughs his way through the band introductions then the boys jam out a splendid Highway 61. The encores are standard issue, It Ain't Me, Babe being the easy standout thanks to Bob's vocal attack.
Bottom Line: Subtle yet amazing show here folks, this one really grows on you with every listen.

April 22 Barcelona
Sound: 8.5 (the vocals are not as clear as you'd like, but still this is a very nice recording, with warm and distinctly separated instrumentation. This drops to an even 8 during the last few songs as the vocals start to echo a bit)
Highlights: the whole thing is great
Comments: April 21st started it, and this concert continues Bob's ascent back into the heady summits of 1999. Compare this show with ones from a week before and it's almost night and day. Listen to the amazing phrasing Bob pulls off in a delightful Tambourine Man. He piles up the lyrics like an overflowing sink. Mama, You Been on My Mind is rounded off with perfect playing by the band and a light and peppering harmonica solo by Bob. The crowd is not as far back in the mix as they have been in previous concerts in the month, but a yell or scream aside, they don't bring you out of your listening experience any. One Too Many Mornings closes out a fantastic set of acoustic music, listen to the way Bob whispers and sings at the same time. I've never heard anybody else sing like he does on these types of songs. Very smooth, very precise, he knows how he wants to sing each line, and he pulls it off. Neil Young with a cold, a younger Jerry Garcia, try to describe it all you want, all I know is that I like it. Bob is a happy mood during the band introductions, saying "Bravo!" after introducing Larry, and then as the band sets the picnic table for a lazy summer I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, he tells the audience that "...I've Been here awhile, but I haven't seen a bull fight yet." The he pauses for a second or two and starts singing the song without so much as a look back. Utterly on top of things, professional. The band slays the song, too. They handle the abandoned church tones of Can't Wait just as well as they take a fun and late night swing-fest of To Be Alone With You, bring the crowd to a boil. Outstanding job tonight.
Bottom Line: Highly recommended, a monster of a show!

PostPosted: Mon January 7th, 2013, 12:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

Palacio de deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid
Madrid, Spain
14 April 1999

2.Fourth Time Around
3.Masters Of War
4.Love Minus Zero/No Limit
5.Tangled Up In Blue
6.Forever Young
8.Watching The River Flow
9.Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
10.Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
11.Simple Twist Of Fate
12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick
14.Like A Rolling Stone
15.Blowin' In The Wind

Concert # 1081 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 7 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 35.

Concert # 228 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

2 Larry Campbell bouzouki.

1, 6, 15, 16 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

7 new songs (43%) compared to previous concert. 3 new songs for this tour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?acoc89dfxb297e6

Disfrútalo!

J

PostPosted: Tue January 8th, 2013, 13:15 GMT 
Promethium Member

Velódromo Luis Puig
Valencia, Spain
15 April 1999

2.My Back Pages
3.Masters Of War
4.Girl From The North Country
5.Tangled Up In Blue
6.Mr. Tambourine Man
7.Forever Young
8.Can't Wait
9.Just Like A Woman
11.Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick
15.Blowin' In The Wind

Concert # 1082 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 8 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 36.

Concert # 229 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

15 Bob Dylan harmonica.

1, 7, 14-16 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

7 new songs (43%) compared to previous concert. No new songs for this tour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m8lb2bfa5kjgwj2

Disfrútalo!

J

PostPosted: Sun January 20th, 2013, 18:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Después de un pequeño tiempo sin publicar aquí, os dejo otro show:

La Malagueta Bull Ring
Málaga, Spain
17 April 1999

2.To Ramona

3.Masters Of War

4.Desolation Row

6.Tangled Up In Blue

8.'Til I Fell In Love With You

9.I Want You

11.I Shall Be Released

12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick

14.Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat

15.Blowin' In The Wind

Concert # 1083 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 9 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 37.

Concert # 230 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

7 Bob Dylan harmonica.
1, 11, 15, 16 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

BobTalk:

How about a hand for Andres Calamaro! Mi amigo! (after Blowin’ In The Wind).

8 new songs (50%) compared to previous concert. 4 new songs for this tour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ppg7d4vkcnqms76

Disfrútalo!

J

PostPosted: Thu January 31st, 2013, 17:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

Narciso Yepes Hall
Auditorio y Centro de Congresos de Murcia
Murcia, Spain
19 April 1999

2.Mr. Tambourine Man

3.Masters Of War

4.Tomorrow Is A Long Time

6.Tangled Up In Blue

7.My Back Pages

8.Mama, You Been On My Mind

9.Tombstone Blues

10.You're A Big Girl Now

11.Highway 61 Revisited

12.Love Sick

13.Everything Is Broken

14.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

15.Maggie's Farm

Concert # 1085 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 11 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 39.

Concert # 232 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

1–8, 14 acoustic with the band.

7, 10, 14 Bob Dylan harmonica.

1, 4 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

8 new songs (53%) compared to previous concert.

2 new songs for this tour.

Stereo audience recording, 100 minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rvaawajlf32e9ht

Disfrútalo!

J

PostPosted: Sat February 2nd, 2013, 11:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

Palacio Municipal de Deportes
Granada, Spain
18 April 1999

2.Fourth Time Around

3.Masters Of War

4.Visions Of Johanna

5.Mr. Tambourine Man

6.Tangled Up In Blue

7.The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll

8.I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)

9.It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry

10.Can't Wait

11.Make You Feel My Love

12.Highway 61 Revisited

13.Love Sick

15.Blowin' In The Wind

16.Maggie's Farm

Concert # 1084 of The Never-Ending Tour. Concert # 10 of the 1999 Europe Spring Tour. 1999 concert # 38.

Concert # 231 with the 11th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & guitar), Bucky Baxter (pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), David Kemper (drums & percussion).

5 Bob Dylan harmonica.

1, 14, 15 Bucky Baxter and Larry Campbell backup vocal.

10 new songs (62%) compared to previous concert. 4 new songs for this tour.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y6gi7t7hrum0m2c

Disfrútalo!

J