Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 18th, 2017, 20:36 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Amherst show
PostPosted: Mon November 1st, 2004, 16:35 GMT 

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. I have been visiting this site for about 2 years now. I love it and it has made me love Dylan more. On Nov. 20 me and my friend is going to our first Dylan show. We are pumped but now alittle disappointed because it doesn't look like Bobbie will be playing the guitar, neither though he did at the begining of this tour. Me and my friend is 19 and have loved Dylan for too long to remember! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon November 1st, 2004, 17:06 GMT 

Congrats on your soon to come FIRST dylan show ! it will be an event that you will never forget. dont worry too much about the fact that bob wont be strappin on the ol' guitar, he hasnt played it much over the past couple of years - sticking almost exclusively to the keyboard. at first glance this stinks for dylan fans, but after seeing bob hammering away at those keys, doing classic little leg kicks, bobbing his head away on the harmonica while playing the keyboard still with his other hand, and then strolling (stumbling) out from behind the keys to the middle of the stage to clap and do little dance moves for the crowd it is well worth no guitar....and in my opinion bob has showed more energy in recent shows with the keys then he has for a long time with the guitar. it really is funny how with every move bob makes on stage the crowd goes nuts, all he has to do is walk around the stage and its like god just walked into view...you are gonna love every min of the show !!!!
im heading to the St. Bon. show no the 11th and the Rochester show on the 13th, cant wait to post how those shows were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon November 1st, 2004, 17:41 GMT 
Yes, You will definitely have a great time, I kind of like Bob better at the keys.
Rockindylan, I live right outside of Rochester, How are you getting to Bonaventure? Also are you going to Binghamton?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon November 1st, 2004, 21:33 GMT 

I think you're a fag and your writing skills are atrocious - you should save all of that ticket money and order up yourself the latest version of Hooked oN Phonics. Bob is the man - and you're a little bitch.

PostPosted: Mon November 1st, 2004, 23:37 GMT 

Nate,

What the hell are you talking about? Read my message and you will find out I love Dylan. So just keep your mouth shut. Enough with the swearing, if you were perfect in the English language you wouldn't have to use them!

Post subject: nate
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 01:20 GMT 
Nate wrote:
I think you're a fag and your writing skills are atrocious - you should save all of that ticket money and order up yourself the latest version of Hooked oN Phonics. Bob is the man - and you're a little bitch.

you're so shocking nate! congratulations! or are you serious? which is more pathetic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 01:28 GMT 
kind of feels like there's something missing with dylan on the keyboards. you can hardly hear what he's playing. but i think it lets him focus on the vocals and harp.

also... the position he takes up on stage. the last gigs i saw him at, the fleadh festival and brixton, you can't help but feel a bit slighted as someone in the audience when the performer doesn't look at you or even speak! yeah yeah i know the songs speak for themselves etc.

all in all though, who would you rather see than dylan? his shows always have something magical about them, because you are witnessing a genius in action.

PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 23:36 GMT 

I WOULD LIKE TO SELL TWO TICKETS OR TRADE FOR BETHLEHEM SHOW... I MISTAKENLY PURCHASED FOR THE AMHERST SHOW, THEY ARE LOCATED IN FLOOR SECTION 2 ( CENTER ) ROW 5 , ( INCREDIBLE SEATS!) PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ANY ONE IS INTERESTED, MY TOTAL COST FOR THE TWO TICKETS WAS $114 TOTAL . I ONLY WANT MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD LIKE TO SELL TO SOMEONE WHO WILL ENJOY THE TICKETS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 3rd, 2004, 02:09 GMT 

I agree with Godknows. Seeing Bob Dylan is great regardless if he's pounding on the keys (unfortunately his keyboard seems to get lost in the mix...on purpose perhaps??) or if he's playing guitar. However, I would much rather see him on guitar any day of the week...you know, front and center while he does his best darn Chuck Berry imitations, knee twists, shoulder dips, facial contortions et al! The keyboards just don't do it for me, although it is still Bob Dylan...and a Dylan show is always special...but just how much more special could it be if he only strapped on the guitar for at least 2 or 3 numbers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 3rd, 2004, 20:59 GMT 

Anyone going to the Durham show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 3rd, 2004, 22:53 GMT 

I will be going to this show (in MA), as well.

PostPosted: Mon November 15th, 2004, 13:35 GMT 

Hi: I am going to the show Saturday night @ UMASS, are there any get-togethers planned?? I'm staying @ the hotel on campus, and walk to the show, very cool.....early Christmas gift to myself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon November 15th, 2004, 15:35 GMT 
So how many Tardis trekkers are here around here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon November 15th, 2004, 15:36 GMT 
What are 'phonics', please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon November 15th, 2004, 15:43 GMT 

Count me in as a life-long Doctor Who fan! I have been hooked since I saw my first episode wayyyyyy back in 1978 on PBS.