Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed December 13th, 2017, 09:02 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu December 13th, 2012, 23:29 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
Milkcow wrote:
I would just like to say, I really like the word snarky and ive used it quite often recently.


did you collaborate in your use of the it or was it done individually?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu December 13th, 2012, 23:34 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 10368
Milkcow wrote:
I would just like to say, I really like the word snarky and ive used it quite often recently.


Is that anything like persnickety??

Or does snarky have more oomphhh!??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu December 13th, 2012, 23:36 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:46 GMT
Posts: 5506
Location: Twin Peaks
It's more like 'snippy', I guess?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 00:20 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21409
Didn't snark originate from a combination of the two word phrase, snide remark?

snide remark > snark.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 00:37 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon December 6th, 2004, 06:22 GMT
Posts: 15016
Location: Scarlet Town
Troubadour64 wrote:
Milkcow wrote:
I would just like to say, I really like the word snarky and ive used it quite often recently.


did you collaborate in your use of the it or was it done individually?


Hahahahaha. It needed batteries... No no just kidding


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 00:39 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon December 6th, 2004, 06:22 GMT
Posts: 15016
Location: Scarlet Town
Tedham wrote:
It's more like 'snippy', I guess?


Yes. I think so... Snide snippy.. Wise ass... Stuff like that

I just like the way it sounds .... Snarky...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 00:40 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed October 1st, 2008, 17:15 GMT
Posts: 8343
Location: This Town Ain't Big Enough...
As far as words go, I'm just glad the last one of this thread is gone. At least leave off the "e" people, that's so silly. Come on. Come on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 00:48 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
Milkcow wrote:
Troubadour64 wrote:

did you collaborate in your use of the it or was it done individually?


Hahahahaha. It needed batteries... No no just kidding


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Image

this is a snarf...he provided comic relief for the cartoon drama Thundercats


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 02:28 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon December 6th, 2004, 06:22 GMT
Posts: 15016
Location: Scarlet Town
So was he a snarky snarf?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 02:34 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
he was too shy to be snarky. too humble to be a snuff.

not sure of a good 'sn' word that would characterize him, but he had his share of snafus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 02:39 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon December 6th, 2004, 06:22 GMT
Posts: 15016
Location: Scarlet Town
Troubadour64 wrote:
he was too shy to be snarky. too humble to be a snuff.

not sure of a good 'sn' word that would characterize him, but he had his share of snafus.



Hahaha
Well that'snuff...get it? I can't write it correctly... But do you get it? Lol

I was trying to say that's enough really fast to combine the s and the n in enough... Har har. It was dumb


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 02:47 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
it worked without the 'splanation.

my fine marvel comics education always ended with 'nuff said on the editor's page.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 03:21 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed October 1st, 2008, 17:15 GMT
Posts: 8343
Location: This Town Ain't Big Enough...
Thank God this was unlocked. Everything after that almost never happened! Scary.

And that's you do the snark ::takes bow::


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 03:54 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
in all honesty, i found the last 25 posts much more rewarding than the first 25. i may have never posted here otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 04:02 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed October 1st, 2008, 17:15 GMT
Posts: 8343
Location: This Town Ain't Big Enough...
I'm just kidding around. This thread has seen worse days, and probably will again...

If this Prince thing is true, I predict Bob Dylan exhibitions many years after his death. Dylan produced a tremendous amount of paintings in his final years, you see, so there's plenty of backlog...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 06:29 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
I can't wait for "The Covers Revisited" show. reinterpretations of his own album covers

Image
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 13:24 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13th, 2009, 01:17 GMT
Posts: 6972
snark·y (snärk)
adj. snark·i·er, snark·i·est Slang
1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snarki·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
snarky [ˈsnɒːkɪ]
adj
Informal unpleasant and scornful
[from sarcastic + nasty]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003



yep - it's a good word :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 14:07 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
supermabel1 wrote:
snark·y (snärk)
adj. snark·i·er, snark·i·est Slang
1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snarki·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
snarky [ˈsnɒːkɪ]
adj
Informal unpleasant and scornful
[from sarcastic + nasty]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003



yep - it's a good word :D


does it qualify as an onamonapia?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 14:39 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 16790
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
snorks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 15:10 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13th, 2009, 01:17 GMT
Posts: 6972
Troubadour64 wrote:
supermabel1 wrote:
snark·y (snärk)
adj. snark·i·er, snark·i·est Slang
1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snarki·ly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
snarky [ˈsnɒːkɪ]
adj
Informal unpleasant and scornful
[from sarcastic + nasty]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003



yep - it's a good word :D


does it qualify as an onamonapia?

onomatopoeia? yeah, probably. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 15:28 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed April 11th, 2007, 01:22 GMT
Posts: 946
Location: East Coast USA
Bob should really should stop the "Art"

No, Bob should not stop or suppress his artistic instincts. Neither should you or I. Art gives our lives meaning. What should stop are galleries displaying bad art from famous people.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 15:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed April 11th, 2007, 01:22 GMT
Posts: 946
Location: East Coast USA
Troubadour64 wrote:
I can't wait for "The Covers Revisited" show. reinterpretations of his own album covers

Image
.

Perfect. Her head tilt and expression are perfect.
Revision album covers, now that's a good idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 15:34 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 24048
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
She's not as cute as Bob. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 15:57 GMT 

Joined: Wed April 13th, 2005, 14:09 GMT
Posts: 4031
Location: the mountains I got lost in
Bob Dylan needs to protect and preserve his legacy at all costs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 14th, 2012, 16:24 GMT 

Joined: Sat November 21st, 2009, 02:34 GMT
Posts: 1906
Location: New Jersey
Bob Dylan is an artist. The wind blows where it will. Bob Dylan should be able to do any kind of art he wants to. There is no dictating an artist's inspirations.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group