Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 00:08 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu October 4th, 2012, 19:44 GMT 
Mercury Member

Curious

You know how on the index page a particular thread will have a black dot at the beginning of it's title if you yourself have posted to the thread? Wether the thread has two pages or forty?

Is there any way to go directly to pages in say a 40 page thread that contain your post/s?

PostPosted: Thu October 4th, 2012, 21:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

^^ :shock: I never noticed that black dot!

There's probably a better way to do it...but if I'm ever looking for a certain
post that i wrote >
-I pull up all of my posts, and then enter a word that
will pull up the post I'm looking for.... and hit "search" again.

PostPosted: Thu October 4th, 2012, 23:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

I just look through my own posts , going basck to the time the post was made.

PostPosted: Thu October 4th, 2012, 23:44 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

jimb727 wrote:
Is there any way to go directly to pages in say a 40 page thread that contain your post/s?

Which page is it that you want to go to, jimb727?

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2012, 16:44 GMT 
Mercury Member

thickboy thank you for asking.

Well much as I respect our Mr. Tambo Man I've never been a fan of his thread 'Conversation Using Dylan Lyrics' so I obviously don't post to it but I have obviously done so in the past because I have above mentioned dot(which only each of us can see according to our own various paths through the site). I saw it and was curious what I had said but as the thread has hundreds of pages(a testament to it's poularity despite my aversion :P ) I can't begin to go through page by page.

Queenie, funny that you never noticed the black dot!! Glad to be of service(takes quick bow) and I will try your suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2012, 19:32 GMT 
Mercury Member

Queenie I tried your suggestion and it worked like a charm.

And to test it, out of nearly 6,000 of my posts, and thinking of a single post I wanted to reread, I typed in one "keyword", thus bringing up 6 hits, and there it was. 8)

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2012, 23:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

jimb727 wrote:

And to test it, out of nearly 6,000 of my posts, and thinking of a single post I wanted to reread, I typed in one "keyword", thus bringing up 6 hits, and there it was. 8)

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2012, 17:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

jimb727 wrote:

8) Glad that worked, Jimb.
....I can't believe I never noticed the black dot, either! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri November 30th, 2012, 15:39 GMT 

jimb727 wrote:
Curious

You know how on the index page a particular thread will have a black dot at the beginning of it's title if you yourself have posted to the thread? Wether the thread has two pages or forty?

Also, when searching through my own posts to find a post, the first few listed, I had not posted in... Why would they be listed as if I could find my own there? Is everyone's list of their own posts like that? Here are the thread titles listed which did not actually contain comments of mine, but were listed as if they did:

What made your day today?

Visions of Bob

Word Association

What Are You Listening To Now?

What are you Drinking right now??

A “Post a picture of yourself” thread for DYLAN fans only!

View first unread post If Dylan were to grant you a Christmas wish...

Revisionist Art: Thirty New Works (Gagosian Gallery)

Things you just want to say

What pissed you off today?

What are you reading now?

???

PostPosted: Fri November 30th, 2012, 17:31 GMT 
Mercury Member

Belle Laugh wrote:
jimb727 wrote:
Curious

Also, when searching through my own posts to find a post, the first few listed, I had not posted in... Why would they be listed as if I could find my own there? Is everyone's list of their own posts like that? Here are the thread titles listed which did not actually contain comments of mine, but were listed as if they did:

What made your day today?

Visions of Bob

Word Association

What Are You Listening To Now?

What are you Drinking right now??

A “Post a picture of yourself” thread for DYLAN fans only!

View first unread post If Dylan were to grant you a Christmas wish...

Revisionist Art: Thirty New Works (Gagosian Gallery)

Things you just want to say

What pissed you off today?

What are you reading now?

???

Careful Belle. When you bring up your index of posts for each post there is a yellow band at the top of each one, That contains the title of the thread the post is from, but if you click that it will take you only to the very first page of said thread, but just below that where it says "post subject re:" it has the title again. If you click THAT it takes you right to your post.

If that isn't it then I don't know. I've got 6,000+ posts and I've never seen one that I didn't think was me. "Course some of the ones from way back are a bit embarressing and I wish I hadn't posted them. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat December 1st, 2012, 02:49 GMT 

Thanks for trying to explain to me Jimb- I see what you're saying, and that it's right about how to look within the threads listed-But, I thought that when you go to your control panel and select the option to browse your own posts, it pulls them up in order by within the threads-last to first. Those subject titles I listed above were the first threads listed as ones I'd posted in, and I had not posted recently in most of them, and never in some of them. :shock: So, I wonder if that is just the way it looks on everyone's user's page at the top of the page-^ those I listed up there. Well anyway, you can ask it to search all the posts for a search term, so it's not really so important- it was just noticeable.

Also, those were the thread titles on the control panel, not my comments about the searches- in case that's why you said "careful' :lol: