Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 24th, 2017, 09:38 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 02:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

This would fit right in as the theme song to the woefully underrated Boardwalk Empire.

Okay, I know no one's gonna back me up, but it's nice to hear the organ in a studio setting outside that "Hard Rain" thing. It's a minor element, but interacts well with the accordion. Makes me wish Bob could Hidalgo onstage even more.

I enjoy the track, but in a few months there will be a live take that blows it out of the water. Why can't Bob take this stuff out on the road and record THAT version? It's criminal that the least compelling "Forgetful Heart" is on TTL.

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Listening to Buddy Guy who IS I believe older than Bob and I have NEVER seen a better guitar player in my life live.

QFT. There was some boring Rolling Stones concert film years ago that I can't even recall, but I DO remember Buddy stealing the whole show. Really amazing. Was glad my girlfriend at the time didn't let me leave, otherwise I would have missed him.

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 02:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
Quote:
I think I'll strike up the same, sans the T & J.
Listening to my first run through Ry's new album right now instead, and LOVING it!

i gotta get the new RY hes a big hero of mine since he covered FDR in TRINIDAD, i got a new batch of big puffy cigars, you want a few?

Ooh, new batches are good to have. I'm still working off an older stash, humidified properly though.

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 03:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Ooh, new batches are good to have. I'm still working off an older stash, humidified properly though.

let me know if you want a couple of fat dark ones. im going to tampa in the morning. got my
credentials in my overalls. gonna shout hallelujah and blame the mexicans somehow. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 06:15 GMT 

Goombay, so happy to hear we agree on something! Now, if we could just get to Bob's manager and set it up - AWESOME!!! Love, Joanna XOOX

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 23:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
Quote:

let me know if you want a couple of fat dark ones. im going to tampa in the morning. got my
credentials in my overalls. gonna shout hallelujah and blame the mexicans somehow. :wink:

Good right now. Next time I'm there, in person, I'll take ya up on it.

PostPosted: Fri August 24th, 2012, 00:01 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
still go barefoot wrote:

:D
lets hope im where im supposed to be.
im listening to the tragedy of Mutt Romney, the poor pooch, but he got it good compared to the squirrels that got sizzled in the popcorn maker. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri August 24th, 2012, 00:19 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
Quote:
still go barefoot wrote:

:D
lets hope im where im supposed to be.
im listening to the tragedy of Mutt Romney, the poor pooch, but he got it good compared to the squirrels that got sizzled in the popcorn maker. :wink:

Glad you picked it up. I like the next song too.

PostPosted: Fri August 24th, 2012, 03:59 GMT 

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Listening to Buddy Guy who IS I believe older than Bob and I have NEVER seen a better guitar player in my life live. I even touched those hands and they seemed mighty big and a smile that was so infectious that you know he loved what he was doing. I think Bob should invite him on tour next year if he really wants to do the blues; Buddy is a genius. That would be a great show too! IF he let him come on stage with him which I imagine he would. What do you think Bob would play? I am betting on the organ. The harmonica is nice on Early Roman Kings, but this, now this is the blues: Love, Joanna XOXO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCsevF-R9w

saw Buddy Guy with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles of the Band of Gypsys like ten years ago in Seattle headlining a Jimi Hendrix anniversary concert. didn't know about the show until that morning when randomly stopped by the venue (EMP music museum) and heard Buddy and the band rehearsing. early on a Sunday and the place was empty and we're in the big entrance room of the museum taking care of some other business at the ticket counter and we're hearing this guitar playing and just wondering who the f-ck is that?? followed the music to a big hall divided in half by a curtain with the band playing on the other side. sat and listened for a while and then eventually an employee filled us in on who it was and what was going on. concert that night was sold out but were told the bar would be open and could hear the music from in there. showed up early, had a few beers during the opening acts, then figured out a way in for the main event. someone else sang, Buddy didn't have his voice that night, but was great to hear him play guitar on those Hendrix songs.

PostPosted: Fri August 24th, 2012, 04:30 GMT 

I saw him about 10 or 12 years ago and he WAS phenomenal. You lucked out Russ; that would be so cool to be sitting there listening and go WTF IS THAT???? AND WITH Buddy Miles!!! I am glad you found a way to get into the show; that's my kind of man!!! :lol: I saw him in a really small venue and I was very close to the front and he took a walk and I reached out my hand and he gave me a high five, played a few licks, and I touched his guitar and he walked on through the crowd for a few minutes. I think he might be the best guitar player I have ever seen; just amazing! Thank you for sharing that experience! :D I think he would be an awesome opening act and then bring him on for a few songs with Bob. Buddy is very charismatic also; I could have listened to him and looked at his hands playing all night long. Love, Joanna XOXO

PostPosted: Fri August 24th, 2012, 08:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

i'll go with this idea J4ever - but Bob should open for Buddy - Buddy's paid more dues than Bob...

PostPosted: Sat August 25th, 2012, 02:57 GMT 

I did think that Troub; I also thought he might steal the show. The guy is phenomenal in concert. Really, I just want to see Buddy Guy right now!! I wish Bob would change his setlist TOTALLY. Just do all new songs - the encore is good, but maybe keep Tangled Up In Blue, but just get some other songs. He should always play Visions though!!! :lol: Okay, so I have five of his 14 to 17 songs depending upon how he feels. What do you think? Keep that lineup or change it up a little. Thunder On The Mountain is okay and it would be a good on for Buddy to come on and take over, but I am a little sick of it. What songs would you pick?? This new one would be good for Buddy too. I guess I am Bob's manager now; I do think he should switch it up a little! Sorry Bob! Love, Joanna XOXOX

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14