Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed July 30th, 2014, 21:15 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 91  Next
PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 10:06 GMT 
Mercury Member

electric-monk wrote:
So question, does anyone know who's supporting Dylan in August...

I had the same Q, Electric Monk. I'm hoping local good bands get a chance to back Bob...if there is an opener. I like opening bands. I know that some here don't. It has been clear that the MK thing will take place in the Fall, and not for the summer leg, so tell your buddies it's Bob and a possible surprise act.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 12:31 GMT 

Location: By the waterfront docks, where the sailors all come in
Still Go Barefoot wrote:

I saw MK with the Straits at the Wang in Fall of 1985 although it might not have been the Wang yet. What was it called? Furthur just sold out a double Wang this year and Dylan did a triple Wang in 2009 with Charlie back on board doing his kneeling thing.

'Twas the Boston Music Hall. I got shut out of that show in '85...that was the tour when the Money for Nothing song was on MTV every third video...

Hard to figure how some bands choose the Orpheum vs. The Wang, The Orpheum is about half the size of the Wang, but sometimes bands will play 3 or 4 nites at the Orpheum vs. two at the Wang. Allmans did that in December.

Those 3 shows that Bob did in '09 were pretty packed, so I bet he'll do at least two there this time around. With MK, maybe as many as four? There was no opener in '09.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 12:33 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
I don't know how much of a following MK has 'round these parts. I think Bob will do the Wang Center.

I think BostonArea's onto something here. Even though there's still a lot of Dire Straits fans left out there. I saw MK with the Straits at the Wang in Fall of 1985 although it might not have been the Wang yet. What was it called? I think they sold out 2 shows at the time and that was when they were in their prime. Furthur just sold out a double Wang this year and Dylan did a triple Wang in 2009 with Charlie back on board doing his kneeling thing. Yup, BostonArea is on it. I agree. It's Wang time again this Fall. I'm in.[/quote]

No way. Bob sold out several Wang shows a couple of years ago all by himself, if I remember correctly, the only reason why he would bring an established support act (and he might not have a huge following in the US, but established he is) unless he was aiming at something bigger.

also, the maths when it comes to package tours like that is different. It's not Bob's crowd + Knopfler's crowd = result, it's about bringing people to the shows who would not consider going to a concert if it was just one of them, people who don't go to hear music, people who want to attend an event. And events tend to take place in huge places.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 17:13 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
I think BostonArea's onto something here. Even though there's still a lot of Dire Straits fans left out there. I saw MK with the Straits at the Wang in Fall of 1985 although it might not have been the Wang yet. What was it called? I think they sold out 2 shows at the time and that was when they were in their prime. Furthur just sold out a double Wang this year and Dylan did a triple Wang in 2009 with Charlie back on board doing his kneeling thing. Yup, BostonArea is on it. I agree. It's Wang time again this Fall. I'm in.

Or alternatly he could play the Agganis Arena, like he did in 2006. It's more than half the size of the TD Garden.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 19:53 GMT 

Hal Jones wrote:
Very frustrating.

:x :x :x
Note also that their billing and shipping fields don't include Canadian info in their drop-down menus so it looks like the phone is the only way to go.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 22:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

And sale time is 9am.....right in the middle of the morning commute. WTFH.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 22:41 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:
Hal Jones wrote:
Very frustrating.

:x :x :x
Note also that their billing and shipping fields don't include Canadian info in their drop-down menus so it looks like the phone is the only way to go.

which show is this?

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 23:14 GMT 
Mercury Member

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
It's not Bob's crowd + Knopfler's crowd = result, it's about bringing people to the shows who would not consider going to a concert if it was just one of them...

Which means easy pickins for us Bob-ites when the MK crowd disperses.
(One of the reasons I loved Willie.)

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 00:37 GMT 

Hal Jones wrote:
And sale time is 9am.....right in the middle of the morning commute. WTFH.
Yeah, I'll have to get to work on time for once. That in itself is a challenge. We could be in for busy signal hell like some people experienced for Cranbrook but I'm thinking positive. Quick call, front row, credit card, thank you very much. But of course always prepared for the worst.

unclejohn wrote:
which show is this?
Big Flats. I'm hopeful there'll be at least one more added, being the long weekend and all.

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 17:56 GMT 

I don't know if you have seen, but there are new shows announced at bobdylan.com

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 18:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

Woohoo!! Bethel and Hershey are real possibilities if I can come up with the cash!! :D

SEP 02
Bethel, NY - Bethel Woods Center for the Arts

SEP 06
Lewiston, NY - Artpark

SEP 07
Holyoke, MA - Mountain Park

SEP 08
Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena

SEP 09
Hershey, PA - Hershey Park Pavilion

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 18:32 GMT 

Des Moines, Iowa 8/22 is new also. Now the only unfilled gap of the tour is between Bethel and Lewiston.

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 20:08 GMT 

jman wrote:
unclejohn wrote:

Obsesse much?

x much?

Ah this reminds me of Casablanca:

Darlink, what watch?
Ten watch!
Such much?
Humphey Bogart: You'll do fine in America....
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 20:41 GMT 
Titanium Member

Ursie Green Pastures wrote:
Humphey Bogart: You'll do fine in America....

it was..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._Z._Sakall

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 21:52 GMT 

Salisbury, MD. Just checked my email and got the password for a Wicomico presale today 10am-10pm. Great pick-your-own-seat type of seating chart. All the seats suck. I suppose they just released crap for the presale but I'm curious if anyone got something good.

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 22:19 GMT 

capecod wrote:
Hard to figure how some bands choose the Orpheum vs. The Wang, The Orpheum is about half the size of the Wang, but sometimes bands will play 3 or 4 nites at the Orpheum vs. two at the Wang. Allmans did that in December.

They're actually comparable in size, Orpheum 2,700 vs. Wang 3,600. The Wang is absolutely breathtaking but the Orpheum is kinda dumpy in comparison. The rent's probably double at the Wang. I'd be thrilled with multiple nights any place but the Wang would make it extra special.

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 22:20 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:
Salisbury, MD. Just checked my email and got the password for a Wicomico presale today 10am-10pm. Great pick-your-own-seat type of seating chart. All the seats suck. I suppose they just released crap for the presale but I'm curious if anyone got something good.

what is the password?

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 22:38 GMT 

Bob Weir will play a solo opening set for Bob Dylan this September. The performance will take place at Hershey, PA’s Hershey Park Pavilion on September 9. Weir and Dylan have shared the stage many times over the years, most famously when the Grateful Dead toured as Dylan’s band in 1987. Dylan also opened for the Dead several times in the early ’90s. Dylan sat in with the reformed Dead in 2003 and co-headlined a few runs with Phil Lesh in ‘99 and ‘00.

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 23:09 GMT 

unclejohn wrote:
Sweet Melinda wrote:

what is the password?

folk

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 23:16 GMT 
Mercury Member

This bodes well. New shows added and Bob Weir rumors...all good.
And Melinda, I actually prefer the Orpheum. The alleyway entrance, the old wooden structure. Dylan did a triple their not long ago, a great 3-night stand...Hazel.

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 23:19 GMT 
Mercury Member

Thinking about that 3 night Orpheum stand...
Forgot how much he used to mix up the set lists to keep it interesting:

Boston, Massachusetts
Orpheum Theatre

April 15, 2005

To Be Alone With You
Hazel
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
If Dogs Run Free
Tough Mama
Shelter From The Storm
Cold Irons Bound
Tomorrow Is A Long Time
Highway 61 Revisited
Chimes Of Freedom (acoustic)
Summer Days
Mr. Tambourine Man
(encore)

Mississippi
All Along The Watchtower

===

April 16, 2005

Maggie's Farm
Forever Young
Cry A While
Bye And Bye
Ballad Of Hollis Brown (acoustic)
If You See Her, Say Hello
Lenny Bruce
Honest With Me
The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll (acoustic)
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Every Grain Of Sand
Highway 61 Revisited
(encore)

Blind Willie McTell
Like A Rolling Stone

===
April 17, 2005

Drifter's Escape
Love Minus Zero/No Limit
God Knows
Ring Them Bells
Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
Tryin' To Get To Heaven
Down Along The Cove
I Believe In You
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine
Ballad Of A Thin Man
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
(encore)

It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
All Along The Watchtower

And a couple of LARS-free nights!

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 23:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

Sweet Melinda wrote:

How did you get a password? Who were you buying the ticket through? It wasn't even listed on Ticketmaster today. Darn, buying tickets for shows makes me so nervous. I called their box office today and of course they wouldn't let me buy a ticket until tomorrow. I don't want a lousy seat, but especially in my home town! :?

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 23:50 GMT 

bd.com is giving Ben Harper as the opener at Bethel...

So happy to see these dates. I thought I'd have to wait till October!

PostPosted: Thu June 28th, 2012, 23:57 GMT 

raging_glory wrote:
Sweet Melinda wrote:

How did you get a password? Who were you buying the ticket through? It wasn't even listed on Ticketmaster today. Darn, buying tickets for shows makes me so nervous. I called their box office today and of course they wouldn't let me buy a ticket until tomorrow. I don't want a lousy seat, but especially in my home town! :?

They're not sold through Ticketmaster. The Wicomico place has their own ticketing site. When the show was announced I signed up for their email bulletins and got one today with the password. Play around with it to get familiar with it so the pressure's off somewhat in the morning. Bad seats in your hometown would especially suck.

PostPosted: Fri June 29th, 2012, 00:07 GMT 
Titanium Member

Sweet Melinda wrote:
They're not sold through Ticketmaster. The Wicomico place has their own ticketing site. When the show was announced I signed up for their email bulletins and got one today with the password. Play around with it to get familiar with it so the pressure's off somewhat in the morning. Bad seats in your hometown would especially suck.

oh man, I wish I had thought about signing up so I could have had a chance first thing this morning. There isn't anything decent left :( I wonder if I should grab something tonight or take a chance that they will release some of the better seats tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 91  Next