Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu September 18th, 2014, 05:37 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 01:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 9th, 2011, 00:25 GMT
Posts: 4557
Mister.Jones wrote:
If they wanted to make wholesale changes ...
Jesus, John Lennon, Bob, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Karen Carpenter and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.


No Kenny Rogers?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 13:36 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat June 2nd, 2007, 18:29 GMT
Posts: 11670
Jeeps wrote:
Ah! I think Jack White should be in there somewhere.


Yes! That was the first name that entered my mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 21:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed April 13th, 2005, 13:47 GMT
Posts: 694
Location: in the Louvre
Renee Fleming....Justin Timberlake...Joe Satiani...Michael Bolton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 22:10 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed August 31st, 2011, 13:57 GMT
Posts: 811
John Prine, Neil young, Bruce Springsteen, and maybe the Avett Bros.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 00:15 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 22nd, 2010, 22:25 GMT
Posts: 741
Trev wrote:
No Kenny Rogers?


Kenny Rogers, Morrisey, Naked Cowboy, Kate Pierson, Patti Smith (Bob on drums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 08:21 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat November 12th, 2011, 12:21 GMT
Posts: 1624
Engelbert Humperdinck, Prince, Cyndi Lauper, Johnny Dowd, Dick Dale. Sorry, Bob.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 08:45 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 9th, 2011, 09:17 GMT
Posts: 987
Location: Wish I was back in the city, instead of this old bank of sand.
Bob Dylan, Tom Petting, Ringo Start, Christ Christofferson and Katy Perry to please them all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 21:35 GMT 

Joined: Mon August 15th, 2005, 20:57 GMT
Posts: 72
Location: Edinburgh
You cant have a Travelling Wilburys without Jeff Lynne, like him or loathe him. So much of the production of those two albums is him.

The line up would be: Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Willie Nelson, Tom Jones


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 02:02 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 9th, 2011, 00:25 GMT
Posts: 4557
Sorry, but I just can't go to Dylan's people and tell them Jeff Lynne's in again. They'll think I'm an amateur.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:06 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue April 28th, 2009, 00:12 GMT
Posts: 5363
Location: The ants are my friends
Dolly Parton, Beyonce, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong, Bob and Slash.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:13 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

Joined: Sun September 25th, 2005, 23:45 GMT
Posts: 8057
Location: Asylum
Zimmerman The Gnome wrote:
You cant have a Travelling Wilburys without Jeff Lynne, like him or loathe him. So much of the production of those two albums is him.

The line up would be: Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Willie Nelson, Tom Jones


No, no, no... you cannot have Tom Jones in the Wilburys... he just does not have that self-mocking humour that runs deep within 'true' Wilburyesque folk... he's too serious... and too self-important... and... which everyone seems to be ignoring... he's Welsh!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:18 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
Southside wrote:
Renee Fleming....Justin Timberlake...Joe Satriani...Michael Bolton


Yes! i'd buy that for sure - I think Andy Samberg should produce it. a DVD will be in order!

Image

slimtimslide wrote:
I think the best idea would be to group together Howling Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Little Walter, Memphis Slim & Billy Stepney and call them the 'Stationary Blueberries'....


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

five laughs and one shock-face since it garnered no responses....

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend and Bob.


they can all play a mean acoustic guitar! good line-up!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:32 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 9th, 2011, 00:25 GMT
Posts: 4557
Mister.Jones wrote:
Dolly Parton, Beyonce, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong, Bob and Slash.


It's good, but I'd like a bit more variety.

thickboy wrote:
Zimmerman The Gnome wrote:
You cant have a Travelling Wilburys without Jeff Lynne, like him or loathe him. So much of the production of those two albums is him.

The line up would be: Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Willie Nelson, Tom Jones


No, no, no... you cannot have Tom Jones in the Wilburys... he just does not have that self-mocking humour that runs deep within 'true' Wilburyesque folk... he's too serious... and too self-important... and... which everyone seems to be ignoring... he's Welsh!

Absolutely. The only Welshman I'll tolerate is Charlotte Church.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:37 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

Joined: Sun September 25th, 2005, 23:45 GMT
Posts: 8057
Location: Asylum
Charlotte Church just oozes naughty loveliness... and I like that in a woman!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:46 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 9th, 2011, 00:25 GMT
Posts: 4557
She's an absolute cracker, thickboy, and easily my favourite Welshman. In a strange coincidence, both she and Lily Allen are beautiful sexy singers who can't host chat shows!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 22:51 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

Joined: Sun September 25th, 2005, 23:45 GMT
Posts: 8057
Location: Asylum
Trev wrote:
She's an absolute cracker, thickboy, and easily my favourite Welshman. In a strange coincidence, both she and Lily Allen are beautiful sexy singers who can't host chat shows!


Yes, you are right, Trev... I can't argue with that... but, that don't matter... I still get a lot of enjoyment just staring at them... I sometimes imagine them dressed as police ladies!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16th, 2012, 03:33 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed April 13th, 2005, 13:47 GMT
Posts: 694
Location: in the Louvre
Troubadour64 wrote:
Southside wrote:
Renee Fleming....Justin Timberlake...Joe Satriani...Michael Bolton


Yes! i'd buy that for sure - I think Andy Samberg should produce it. a DVD will be in order!

Image

Love the Satch man...I like all those artists...Bolton was a the obligatory snark pick--I'll swap him out for Axl Rose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16th, 2012, 18:12 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 30th, 2009, 05:06 GMT
Posts: 8848
Location: you try to get away...they drag you back
as much as i hate Axl, the idea of hearing him harmonize with Dylan is ... riveting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18th, 2012, 21:34 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed August 17th, 2011, 21:12 GMT
Posts: 302
Location: Some other shore
Bob Dylan, Todd Snider, Tenacious D, and Alex Ebert with Jade Castrinos from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

They'd call their group the Stigmata Six.

The whole would be greater than the sum of its parts:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19th, 2012, 05:18 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 9th, 2011, 00:25 GMT
Posts: 4557
On Saturday 30th June at Hop Farm, Trev, his wife Bev, and some of his new pals will be enjoying some music before getting aquainted in a tent. In preparation for this, I looked at the line up ... and I realised I'd rumbled a showbiz exclusive - all of the members of the new Travelling Wilburys are playing that night ... Bob Dylan, Patti Smith, Randy Crawford, Joan Armatrading, and Sir Bruce Forsythe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19th, 2012, 05:36 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed July 15th, 2009, 00:16 GMT
Posts: 3796
Location: ..right behind the living - just in front of the dead.
Troubadour64 wrote:
as much as i hate Axl, the idea of hearing him
harmonize with Dylan is ... riveting

.. you mean like one of those Rivet-Guns?
........................................and Roses..... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19th, 2012, 08:02 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon June 11th, 2007, 11:45 GMT
Posts: 3383
Location: by the Pesky pole
I don't think you could have the Traveling Wilbury's and include Dylan but exclude Lynne and Petty. As the latter two suck and are a bad hangover from the 80's I'd suggest a 'New Traveling Wilbury's' and include Jakob possibly Dhanni (never seen or heard him outside the 'Concert for George') and the storyline could be that they are the bastard children of the original Wilbury's.

'Lucky' of course would make a cameo, but sadly 'Otis' and 'Charlie T.' were killed in a train wreck and reached the 'End of the Line'. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19th, 2012, 14:28 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 9th, 2011, 00:25 GMT
Posts: 4557
arabia wrote:
I don't think you could have the Traveling Wilbury's and include Dylan but exclude Lynne and Petty. As the latter two suck and are a bad hangover from the 80's I'd suggest a 'New Traveling Wilbury's' and include Jakob possibly Dhanni (never seen or heard him outside the 'Concert for George') and the storyline could be that they are the bastard children of the original Wilbury's.

'Lucky' of course would make a cameo, but sadly 'Otis' and 'Charlie T.' were killed in a train wreck and reached the 'End of the Line'. :lol:


Fair enough - but let's please include Jeff's granny Vera!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20th, 2012, 02:54 GMT 

Joined: Mon October 12th, 2009, 20:33 GMT
Posts: 85
Frank Stallone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20th, 2012, 06:03 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu January 24th, 2008, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 15446
Location: Where the swift don't win the race
I think Ringo Starr would prove interesting. But let's be honest, there was only one Roy Orbison and one George Harrison and no one will ever replace them.

I think Neil Young has a lot to offer... Elvis Costello has some quirkiness that may prove entertaining.

Finding musicians of the stature or caliber who have the vocal abilities... won't be easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group