Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 25th, 2014, 22:45 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 91  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 20:39 GMT 

do you think he'll be coming to the West Coast, hakuna?

PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 20:46 GMT 

hi giada, sorry but i did not ask him that question. had you posed it in this thread a few hours ago, i would have certainly tried to find out!

PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 20:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

hakuna-matata wrote:
late summer U.S. ballpark tour - currently booking venues, but he could not confirm whether this will be a ballpark tour or not
fall U.S. tour with MK - confirmed

I'm not going to give away his name or what he does. He was a super nice guy, very warm, down to earth and open to questions!

Very good.... something for y'all over there to look forward to.

PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 22:39 GMT 

hakuna-matata wrote:
late summer U.S. ballpark tour - currently booking venues, but he could not confirm whether this will be a ballpark tour or not

I'm not going to give away his name or what he does. He was a super nice guy, very warm, down to earth and open to questions!

Amazing :)

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 22:55 GMT 

sigh HAKUNA YOU ARE THE MAN AND THE MAN IN FRONT OF YOU IS THE MAN TOO!! BOB PEOPLE ARE 'DA BOB-BOMBA!

and reading pa

and Ripken http://www.ballparkreviews.com/aberdeen/ripken.htm

http://familyfun.go.com/vacations/minor ... md-713614/

Minor League Ballpark: Grove Stadium, MD
Be a part of the action with FamilyFun

by Margaret Engel and Bruce Adams

Ahh, a day at the ballpark. The crack of the bat. The smell of roasted peanuts. The live pig mascot. The sumo-wrestling contests. We are, of course, talking minor league ball here, but for family entertainment, these games are a major-league hit. All over the country, the minor leagues are drawing big crowds with their unbeatable mix of wholesome sport and zany showmanship. We parents also appreciate the bargain price--usually two to four dollars per person.
After visiting 85 ballparks in 44 states, we had trouble paring down our list of favorites. Still, Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick, Maryland, is one of our all-stars.

HARRY GROVE STADIUM: FREDERICK, MD

Kids can watch a Keys game while riding a 20-horse carousel or playing on grassy hillside berms along the first-base line. Little Leaguers in uniform get in free, and you can even arrange to have your kid's team take the field during the National Anthem. Everyone in the crowd jingles car keys for the Keys' theme song, and Keyote, a seven-foot-tall coyote, spends all nine innings charming fans. Call 301-662-0013.

PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 22:59 GMT 

That's great, Hakuna M.! What a lucky meeting. Wish he'd had a crystal ball and could say that Bob's coming back to the UK next spring! If there's a new album he'll be just dying to treat us to a few of the songs by then.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms because I can't get to the Hop Farm or any Europe gigs this year. A Bobless year, boohoo, sustained by memories of Glasgow, Cardiff and Hammersmith last year and lovely video from the tour just ended. There's really plenty to go on with.

PostPosted: Sun May 13th, 2012, 23:40 GMT 
Mercury Member

Thanks again, h-k!! I'm getting excited to see Bob this summer :D

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 00:54 GMT 

Bob with MK again? Nice!! I know alot of people that lived in America wanted to see them in Europe but couldn't, now's your chance!

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 08:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

I just ordered my Bilboa tickets from livenation - it's the first time I was charged to collect my tickets from the box office. One more thing they made up to ask money for. :|

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 12:52 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
I just ordered my Bilboa tickets from livenation - it's the first time I was charged to collect my tickets from the box office. One more thing they made up to ask money for. :|

I believe you meant to say "Balboa", and like he said in that first movie: "You wanna dance, you gotta pay the band, you understand?"

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 13:11 GMT 
Promethium Member

^^
I'm more than willing to pay the band, heck, I'd buy the rice and beans if needed. But usually, I'd think the person who hands the ticket envelops out of the box office window is paid out of the service and handling fee. I was just saying it's the first time I recall to have paid seperately for that.

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 13:18 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
^^
I'm more than willing to pay the band, heck, I'd buy the rice and beans if needed. But usually, I'd think the person who hands the ticket envelops out of the box office window is paid out of the service and handling fee. I was just saying it's the first time I recall to have paid seperately for that.

I was just kidding, and I feel your pain, it's ridiculous how all sorts of ticket agencies squeeze the blood out of their customers, like those airlines who offer low prices and then charge you again for your payment, regardless if you use bank transfer, credit card, paypal or something else.

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 13:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

^^
Did the get through yet with their plan to charge people to use the bathroom during their flights?

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 13:27 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
^^
Did the get through yet with their plan to charge people to use the bathroom during their flights?

Well, there's a difference though. Toilets are an additional service they are offering, if you're lucky, you can get around it, however, if you can't check out your ticket without paying an additional charge, you will end up with no ticket at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 16:50 GMT 

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
quote] I believe you meant to say "Balboa", and like he said in that first movie: "You wanna dance, you gotta pay the band, you understand?"

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 17:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

What I really meant to say was Bob's boa.... dedicated to Milkcow.

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 17:01 GMT 

When will we get any information about the fall tour, cities and venues? Im going to New York and the United States for the first time in the fall and I want to know something before I book anything.

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 17:02 GMT 

HAkuna, did you manage to get his contact details?

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 17:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Modnglow wrote:
When will we get any information about the fall tour, cities and venues? Im going to New York and the United States for the first time in the fall and I want to know something before I book anything.

Sometime after getting the late summer tour information.

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 18:39 GMT 

shooting_star_night wrote:

Amazing :)

Thank you :)

Got Milk?

sorry but I looked at your avatar and just couldn't resist! :P

pottel wrote:
HAkuna, did you manage to get his contact details?

hi pottel, i just happened to bump into him on the aeroplane and started talking to him as we deplaned and were walking towards immigration

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 18:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

Modnglow wrote:

traditionally he's out there around thanksgiving time, late november... but that's just tradition.

i'd expect him to do california and his hometown Giada! Hollywood bowl perhaps??

PostPosted: Mon May 14th, 2012, 19:24 GMT 

hakuna-matata wrote:

Good news ! Thanx for your inquiries. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 01:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
Modnglow wrote:

Sometime after getting the late summer tour information.

Ha ha! And sometime before the first 2013 dates are announced.

PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 01:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oh, and thanks for sharing, Mr. Hakuna!

PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 21:32 GMT 

Hmm... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 91  Next