All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:42 GMT 
Mercury Member

Bob Dylan and His Band
Pepsi Center
Mexico City, Mexico
Friday & Saturday, 11 &12 May 2012

Showtime: 9:00 PM

The Never Ending quest for a LIVE SET LIST continues as we enter the 15th and 16th shows of this '2012 Never Ending Tour' leg which continues through the ancient lands of the Aztecs, Toltecs and Olmecs. In a city where archaeological ruins continue to be unearthed and analyzed hundreds of years after those who came dancin' across the waterline created a cultural influence powerful enough to erect not only banking and telecommunications venues, but culminating with the inevitable modern day soda pop arena in Mexico City. The gods must be crazy with excitement as they fan the flames in the furnace of desire that inspired Kerouac to compose the 242 stanza 'Mexico City Blues' in 1959. For this weekend what more could we really ask for? Teeth like pearls shining like the moon above? Or... maybe a guest appearance by one David Hidalgo strumming on a Cuban-stringed instrument teasing us with a never-before-heard song from recent recording sessions. Can you tell me what we're waiting for Señor?

From: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/1 ... 40023.html
Mexico City, MEXICO - Bob Dylan’s 35th album is in the works. Although details are slim, multi-instrumentalist David Hidalgo, who recently finished wrapping up recording sessions on the new album, hints at a Mexican influence. Speaking to the Aspen Times about his latest -- Hidalgo, who is currently on tour with Grammy Award-winning Chicano rock band, Los Lobos -- shared this much about the recording session:
“It was a great experience. And different. Each one has been different, all completely different approaches. It's an amazing thing, how he keeps creativity. I don't see how he does it.”
Hidalgo, who grew up in and later formed Los Lobos in the Mexican-American enclave of East Los Angeles, says Dylan took interest in the Latin American instruments lying around the studio, in particular the accordion and Cuban tres, a 3-string guitar. “He'd say, ‘Wow, what's that?' He liked the sound. So we'd get it in there.”
No release date for the album has been set.

PostPosted: Thu May 10th, 2012, 16:23 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Or... maybe a guest appearance by one David Hidalgo strumming on a Cuban-stringed instrument teasing us with a never-before-heard song from recent recording sessions. Can you tell me what we're waiting for Señor?

and

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
No release date for the album has been set.

Are they "allowed" to perform anything from this yet, if it is not yet released, or official? (Hope that sounded ok, :) and not too extremely uninformed about their process) All those nice people in Mexico City would probably love to hear the beginning of those sounds, and in a purely romantic way, what a nice place to introduce things.

PostPosted: Thu May 10th, 2012, 16:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

It may or may not be contractual obligation, but he hasn't played songs off unreleased albums in more than 20 years.

PostPosted: Thu May 10th, 2012, 19:43 GMT 

Sweet Melinda, when are you leaving for Mexico?

PostPosted: Thu May 10th, 2012, 21:30 GMT 

6:00 a.m., so airport at like 4. probably too wound up to get any sleep tonight but that's alright. looks like tomorrow is coming on fast :) i've had silvio stuck in my head all day. also, strangely, aint gonna go to hell for anybody.

PostPosted: Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:54 GMT 
Mercury Member

Sweet Melinda wrote:
6:00 a.m., so airport at like 4. probably too wound up to get any sleep tonight but that's alright. looks like tomorrow is coming on fast :) i've had silvio stuck in my head all day. also, strangely, aint gonna go to hell for anybody.

Done stayed around this ole town too long. Feels like you got to travel on!

PostPosted: Fri May 11th, 2012, 14:20 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Or... maybe a guest appearance by one David Hidalgo strumming on a Cuban-stringed instrument teasing us with a never-before-heard song from recent recording sessions. Can you tell me what we're waiting for Señor?

then
Belle Laugh wrote:
Are they "allowed" to perform anything from this yet, if it is not yet released, or official? (Hope that sounded ok, :) and not too extremely uninformed about their process) All those nice people in Mexico City would probably love to hear the beginning of those sounds, and in a purely romantic way, what a nice place to introduce things.

and then
Johanna Parker wrote:
It may or may not be contractual obligation, but he hasn't played songs off unreleased albums in more than 20 years.

Thanks for answering Johanna Parker. You are like a virtual encyclopedia of things Dylan, and so that sounds like a probably not.
Still interested in your thoughts, StillGoBarefoot too, though, because of the Hildago comments.

PostPosted: Fri May 11th, 2012, 22:44 GMT 

Hello everyone... long time not being here

Can't wait!!!! Dylan is in town... I cannot be tonight but I have second row tickets for tomorrow... anybody from outside coming?

Hey Sweet Melinda I ledt you a PM for you :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 11th, 2012, 23:08 GMT 
Titanium Member

Awesome Voodoo - we will want a report afterwards! i think these shows are going to be grand. I also think there may be a forever young to be delivered! very excited for you and Melinda....

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 00:28 GMT 
Mercury Member

Belle Laugh wrote:
Still interested in your thoughts, StillGoBarefoot too, though, because of the Hildago comments.

It's called wishful thinking, Laugher. And, besides, Los Lobos doesn't have a gig until later in the month so you nevah nevah know....what Parker says is true. Dylan, Inc. won't want him playing shit off the new album because of the capitalistic society we live in. But we gotta be able to dream don't we? Stranger things have happened...

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 00:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

Just found out Los Lobos will be performing in June in Chicago - a full performance of Kiko (celebrating 20th anniversary) for a fundraising event for the homeless. SO EXCITED!

now if i can get my monthly income above the poverty line i may be able to attend and help some homeless while i'm at it!

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 01:04 GMT 

Oh MAN, if they did a 20th anniversary Kiko tour, I would SO be there. What's the date of the Chicago gig? It might even be worth a trip to the midwest, since Bob isn't coming back to the U.S. anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 02:29 GMT 

Voodoo Chile inWonderland wrote:
Hello everyone... long time not being here

Can't wait!!!! Dylan is in town... I cannot be tonight but I have second row tickets for tomorrow... anybody from outside coming?

Hey Sweet Melinda I ledt you a PM for you :wink:

Voodoo! How are you???????
Saludos de Brasil!
Wish you a wonderful night tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 02:48 GMT 
Mercury Member

Halfway through the show in a major world city and no news?

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 03:07 GMT 
Mercury Member

Opened with Leopard and then did a standard set.

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 03:24 GMT 

No mariachi band on Rainy Day Women? No Spanish version of La Balada del Hombre Delgado? No new songs from the upcoming tex-mex album? Boring.

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 04:16 GMT 

Bob was great tonight. From STOF onward it was just unbelievable. So much energy... Definitely the best "finale" of all the concerts I've been to. (which aren't that many to begin with)

Mexican crowd too was loving it....standing ovation after each song

I'll write more when I'm at a computer. Now its time to sip on some margaritas :D

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 04:17 GMT 

Mexico City May 11 setlist:

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat

To Ramona

Things Have Changed

Tangled Up In Blue

Rollin' and Tumblin'

Desolation Row

Cry A While

Spirit On The Water

Summer Days

Love Sick

Highway 61 Revisited

Simple Twist Of Fate

Thunder On The Mountain

Ballad Of A Thin Man

Like A Rolling Stone

All Along The Watchtower

Blowin' In The Wind

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 05:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

movin_after_midnight wrote:
Oh MAN, if they did a 20th anniversary Kiko tour, I would SO be there. What's the date of the Chicago gig? It might even be worth a trip to the midwest, since Bob isn't coming back to the U.S. anytime soon.

I believe the kiko performance is only Chicago and the venue is pretty sweet. June 6th. I have a suite available for the price of a ticket!

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 05:44 GMT 

is Kiko an album of theirs?

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 05:45 GMT 

Mexico City rules! Bob rules! Life is good :)

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 05:47 GMT 

8)
Sounds like you had fun!
Are you heading home now?

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 06:00 GMT 

Can't head home now, I've been awake for 22 hours PLUS there's another show tomorrow PLUS a trip to the Teotihuacan pyramids on Sunday! Home Monday.

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 08:23 GMT 

Sweet news, Melinda!!!
Sounds so good :D

PostPosted: Sat May 12th, 2012, 09:53 GMT 
Mercury Member

Hakuna, Melinda and Voodoo: So glad you made it to the show!
Melinda: enjoy walking in the steps of an ancient civilization! There is so much to see and do in and around Mexico City...you may have to stay another month!
Hakuna: Glad to hear you left again!