Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri July 25th, 2014, 08:56 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed April 25th, 2012, 20:53 GMT 

Hi All :)

Gray also has reported attempts to bring a Bob Dylan/Willie Nelson/Leon Russell show to town. “We’ve had discussion with these acts, with their management and their agents,” said Gray.

“They are holding dates for us. The routing works. They are in the region. They would like to play the state of Maine.

Updated from previous article.

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/current/ne ... f887a.html

PostPosted: Wed April 25th, 2012, 23:21 GMT 
Mercury Member

Please no, please no, please no.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 02:01 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Why that reaction? I'd go to that show. Bob and Leon are great...and ya gotta love Willie...even IF you're not a fan. Nice triple bill...hope it comes about. I'll be there with my flask of wine.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 02:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

i agree, i wish bob would reconsider. re unite the sweehearts of the rodeo,or take the mavericks that have just got back together. but willie, seen that done that.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 02:17 GMT 

I don't give a flying fornication who opens for Bob. It's been 8 months and I need a fix. Period.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 02:19 GMT 
Titanium Member

Sweet Melinda wrote:
I don't give a flying fornication who opens for Bob. It's been 8 months and I need a fix. Period.

Love when you talk like that 8) (That's if you're really of the Melinda persuasion.)

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 03:59 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:

Well said! I do have to say I would like different opening acts. I have gotten to see several artists open for Bob I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I wouldn't mind the list to keep growing. That said, it's Bob. I'll be there rain or shine.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 04:11 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:

Completely agreed:) This needs to happen! Bob for president;)

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 04:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

Mr. Jinx wrote:
Sweet Melinda wrote:

Well said! I do have to say I would like different opening acts. I have gotten to see several artists open for Bob I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I wouldn't mind the list to keep growing. That said, it's Bob. I'll be there rain or shine.

bob is going to be there no matter what but i would like to be able to enjoy all acts. i love willie but ive seen him enough times. get kris kristofferson who opened for him some years ago when i saw him at the wolf trap. or and todd snider who also has opened for him and fits in the country/folkie vibe/

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 06:24 GMT 

goombay wrote:
bob is going to be there no matter what but i would like to be able to enjoy all acts. i love willie but ive seen him enough times. get kris kristofferson who opened for him some years ago when i saw him at the wolf trap. or and todd snider who also has opened for him and fits in the country/folkie vibe/

Kris Kristofferson could work, Todd Snider or some of the other acts mentioned above are probably not big enough. Guess in the current economical climate it's all about repeating what has worked in the past (Mellencamp!) rather then trying out new things. It also fits with Bob's recent way of not branching out too much setlist-wise, keeping the same band, same style of music etc.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 06:49 GMT 
Titanium Member

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
goombay wrote:

Kris Kristofferson could work, Todd Snider or some of the other acts mentioned above are probably not big enough. Guess in the current economical climate it's all about repeating what has worked in the past (Mellencamp!) rather then trying out new things. It also fits with Bob's recent way of not branching out too much setlist-wise, keeping the same band, same style of music etc.

probably but they could find someone besides willie, they are overdoing with him, someone with a bit of spark, less hokey, maybe someone like dave mason, los lobos.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 08:04 GMT 

goombay wrote:
probably but they could find someone besides willie, they are overdoing with him, someone with a bit of spark, less hokey, maybe someone like dave mason, los lobos.

Not if they just want to repeat a winning formula, which is most likely the case, esp. if they get Leon Russell on board as well and then plan a Fall tour with MK.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 09:48 GMT 
Mercury Member

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
probably but they could find someone besides willie, they are overdoing with him...

Bingo

goombay wrote:
...plan a Fall tour with MK.

And Bingo

Of course, I'm going to attend regardless of the opening act. Hell, I even saw some of the Mellencrap. I've seen Willie enough times. Many, many times. Mostly with Bob. Leon is always good. Seen him lots too, mostly without Bob.

Was just hopin' to mix it up with something else that's all.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 10:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Of course, I'm going to attend regardless of the opening act. Hell, I even saw some of the Mellencrap. I've seen Willie enough times. Many, many times. Mostly with Bob. Leon is always good. Seen him lots too, mostly without Bob.

Was just hopin' to mix it up with something else that's all.

i would skip leon and willie, so id rather have some acts that i can sit thru. im not picky just anyone that hasnt been done to death. someone with some spark, los lobos maybe john fogerty who is big with the baseball crowd, ill even keep leon but let willie go for a round of golf.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 12:42 GMT 

The furthest thing from my mind is who might open. I just want confirmed northeast dates to start planning for. Following Wilco just ain't the same but they sure do make it easy.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 13:50 GMT 

Leon puts on a good show. I'd be happy to see him again. Although, I really like shows that are just Bob or Bob with one opener (not the ballpark type thing with three or four acts)... longer setlists.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 14:32 GMT 

I'm thinking that Los Lobos are too good to open for Bob. He can't hire an opener who will blow his act out of the water every night.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 19:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

jman wrote:
I'm thinking that Los Lobos are too good to open for Bob. He can't hire an opener who will blow his act out of the water every night.

he has... he hired elvis costello and he hired the raconteurs

okay okay... they were just as good as... imo

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 19:52 GMT 
Titanium Member

and he hired Kings of Leon to open before :P

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2012, 20:27 GMT 
Mercury Member

And Phil & Friends with Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks a while back.

PostPosted: Fri April 27th, 2012, 17:08 GMT 

Why not Bob Dylan and His Band playing in theaters.
No focking opening band(s)...

Bob, Willie, Leon = 12 song sets and crowds of drunken asshules who don't give a shit about Bob.

Yeeehaaa!

PostPosted: Fri April 27th, 2012, 22:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

xindeed wrote:
Why not Bob Dylan and His Band playing in theaters.
No focking opening band(s)...

Bob, Willie, Leon = 12 song sets and crowds of drunken asshules who don't give a shit about Bob.

Yeeehaaa!

thats another factor in maybe bypassing willie, the times i saw they yayhoo crowd was out in force. all drunk and all former friends of willie. ' i sold willie some bananas in lake charles bout 5 years ago".

its best that if they are going to have a show with willie it be at a baseball stadium so you can move away from the yayhoos. under no circumstances would i go to a bob -willie show in a theatre.

PostPosted: Sat April 28th, 2012, 02:07 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Wille - nope -I love Willie but we've seen him a million times. I'm also a big Leon Russell fan but I was very disappointed by his sets last summer - a real yawn.

PostPosted: Sat April 28th, 2012, 02:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

Blonde on Bob wrote:

yes... I love the song trani btw

PostPosted: Sat April 28th, 2012, 02:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

Milkcow wrote:
Blonde on Bob wrote:

yes... I love the song trani btw

I know you do and so does Bob :wink: