Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 21st, 2014, 12:01 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2012, 16:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

jman wrote:
you are very very wrong. this is a business. the business of rock and roll. demand and supply nothing more nothing less.
I get the distinct impression that you have an axe to grind regarding this promoter. good luck with your boycott.

It's that kind of attitude that allows concert prices to keep going up. Fair play Razorball, I agree the prices are ridiculous, so good on you for refusing to pay it.

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2012, 16:53 GMT 

Sorry you're completely out of topic here. A rainbow gathering is free of charge. Usually concerts aren't. And I never said they should be free.[/quote]
you are very very wrong. this is a business. the business of rock and roll. demand and supply nothing more nothing less.
I get the distinct impression that you have an axe to grind regarding this promoter. good luck with your boycott.[/quote]

Again I'm sorry dude, I think you did not read my posts, I never EVER said that I'm against business, not even against the BUSINESS OF ROCK N ROLL (I support it everyday!). Jeeze. I myself am in business everyday. But I won't repeat myself, you can read my posts if you choose to. The one correct thing you said so far is that this promoter really pissed me off with his current strategy.

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2012, 16:56 GMT 

Mr_matt wrote:
jman wrote:
I get the distinct impression that you have an axe to grind regarding this promoter. good luck with your boycott.

It's that kind of attitude that allows concert prices to keep going up. Fair play Razorball, I agree the prices are ridiculous, so good on you for refusing to pay it.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH, and they feel like a breath of fresh hair. Thanx. At least a lucid and reasonable comment here. If we would be at a rainbow gathering I would hug and kiss you :D

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oooohhhh.....
I failed the boycott, sorry. :|

But fvck them for offering single seats in row 18 as the best you can get, and not offering to chose from the seating chart. I'm doing GA.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:28 GMT 

I hope you have a good time Miss Parker, please write a review on Boblinks ok? :D
Yes, it's another ridiculous thing, I went to check the ticket sites at 10 am; the best you could get was 10th row, and you ARE NOT EVEN ABLE TO CHOOSE YOUR SEATS!!!!" WOW, this is just over ridiculous, if I'd pay so much money and have my ass seated during a Bob concert, I would like at LEAST to choose my seat (like I did for the geneva and zurich shows). Thanx Mr Nobs for such a great service you are offering to music fans.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:33 GMT 

Well, it seems sold out by now anyway. No tickets available when I checked.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

They make tickets available at the box office the night of the show for each event at this festival.
Did you check all the options, ticketcorner, FNAC in France, phone, etc? I mean, if you really want it.

I might have a better time at the concerts before and after that one, but Bob is precious and last night I was reminded we won't have him around forever.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:47 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:

I might have a better time at the concerts before and after that one, but Bob is precious and last night I was reminded we won't have him around forever.

Sad, but true :(
Enjoy it while you can.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:48 GMT 

There will surely be other tickets, at least for GA. Everyone who bought a "buy and choose" ticket can indicate his favourite gig until April 26. Not everyone will choose Bob, so there will be other tickets available later. Buy and choose means that you buy a ticket a few months in advance without knowing who is gonna be playing at the festival. But you are sure to get a ticket (only GA).
It is indeed strange that there is no seating map on the site. We are in 2012 and Montreux is an international festival with many people from abroad who can't go to the local post office to buy the ticket and to watch te seating map...

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 08:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

I guess the lack of a seating chart on the buying process is so that it won't be so obvious the real good seats were never on sale. There was a seating chart on FNAC, and the three front blocks (left, right and center) were never available.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 09:10 GMT 

They still have tickets at the Fnac.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 09:18 GMT 

They have a seating chart on ticketcorner.ch

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 09:23 GMT 

“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”
― John Lennon

Check this clip at 0.55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBCmY7wAAU

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 09:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

^^^^
I think of this often lately.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 09:53 GMT 

Julius The Honk wrote:
They have a seating chart on ticketcorner.ch

yes but it is useless for someone crazy enough to pay such a price, since you cannot choose your exact seat from it.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 09:55 GMT 

appleberry wrote:
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”
― John Lennon

Check this clip at 0.55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBCmY7wAAU

LOL.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 10:02 GMT 

[quote="razorball"][quote="Julius The Honk"]They have a seating chart on ticketcorner.ch[/quote]

yes but it is useless for someone crazy enough to pay such a price, since you cannot choose your exact seat from it.[/quote]

Maybe a browser problem. I just tried it and you can choose the seat you want.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 10:07 GMT 

For those who want to pay 350 swiss francs: there is at the moment an excellent single seat first row on the left side available. I already bought my seat for GA, but someone who hasn't a ticket or wants a better one...

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 10:19 GMT 
Promethium Member

mats22 wrote:
For those who want to pay 350 swiss francs: there is at the moment an excellent single seat first row on the left side available. I already bought my seat for GA, but someone who hasn't a ticket or wants a better one...

I hope they don't put two rows in front of that, because on the left and right block, it starts with row 3.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 11:43 GMT 

Normally, they don't put other rows in front because the view would be really bad if there is no distance between the stage and the rows on the left/right. And for that price, this would be a shame...

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 17:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

One spare GA if anybody wants it.