Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed July 23rd, 2014, 11:45 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bob in Bonn??
PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 10:14 GMT 

Quote:
Nice! :D
If it is too big for the jeans pocket, be there early so I can take it to the car. And not get held up at the entrance. :mrgreen:

Hehe, wouldn't be able to bring anything big. Just a small thank you thingy

I'll run aswell to save spots at the front! I'm a fast runner : )

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 10:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oh, that is very good. I'm not fast. :(

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:02 GMT 

Yeah, Bob in Bonn! I bought my ticket at "Bonntickets" on the first day, so it should be in the mail soon. I don't have a credit card either, but I was able to pay via direct debit! Just like some weeks ago, when I bought the Randy Newman tickets. :D Bonntickets is just one of many divisions of "Der Ticketservice", so I learned that I already had a login key. Direct debit (Bankeinzug) might be a problem though if you try to buy a ticket from outside Germany...

I got a front stage ticket. Seems to be a great venue, near the water... I never attended an open air Bob show so far. I missed Mainz and saw some videos on Youtube afterwards, he played right during dawn, seemed to be a pretty great "atmosphere" and I was saddish that I didn't attend.

Last edited by innercities on Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:06 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

Be glad you weren't at Mainz, people got smashed at the gates. It was a terrible mess. Hamburg in summer last year was fine though.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:17 GMT 

Yeah, if you live within germany and have a german bank there are more options to pay. I live outside Germany so I had no other options. Can't thank Johanna enough for helping me out with it!

I really don't like it when people smash and push alot at shows. At London Feis people went crazy trying to get to the front at the rail for Bob. Good for me I had been standing at the very front for 7 hours and no one was taking my spot! Haha. I did let a shorter woman then me stand in front of me though.. otherwise she wouldn't have been able to see much.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

That's terrible, too, but in Mainz it was the fault of the (so-called) security team, who had no idea how to handle things.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:30 GMT 

So, everything looks good to me so far. Got my front of stage ticket and as by now I can get off at work around 4 PM. Driving and looking for parking will take about 90 minutes I guess. Hopefully you guys hold a space for me :lol: ...but I just got the idea to invite a celeb to the show. He is a good friend of mine and he´s on fire to see a Bob Dylan concert, but to pack him in the crowd looks kind of scary for me (and for him too, I suppose :roll: ). Anyway, to avoid that I just called Bonn Tickets, since they offer special VIP-Tickets for the show. But it says they are not available yet on the webpage. The girl at the phone said, they are all sold out??? I wonder, because they never appeared on the site??? Anyone here has an idea where to get one of those?
If not, maybe I take the risk to bring the guy front of stage. Actually I think, most of my Dylan friends don´t care if there´s a celeb standing beside them, I mean, we are all there because of Bob 8) Okay, hope to see you all there without scary situations at the entrance gates like in unfamous Mainz (not the concert, just the security behaviour). Happy Easter to everybody!

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hmm, that's hard to tell.... :? You could try using their contact form, but less than sure that'll help:
http://www.kunstrasen-bonn.de/kontakt.html

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:37 GMT 

As long as your friend is not the self-apponited South-side Dylan, it'll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

rwasser wrote:
As long as your friend is not the self-apponited South-side Dylan, it'll be fine.

You read my mind. :lol: :P

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:48 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
rwasser wrote:

You read my mind. :lol: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, he´s not! He´s a very gentle and nice guy, but I experienced more than once how people behave when they recognize him. But as I said, I´m positive no one front of stage will do him any harm :P

I just contacted Bonn-Tickets via the form you posted here Johanna, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

No prob, you're welcome.... and no, whoever it is, I won't harm him.
I've sat in the smoking lounge "with" Bob, so I'm cool with 'celebs'.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 13:08 GMT 

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, he´s not! He´s a very gentle and nice guy, but I experienced more than once how people behave when they recognize him. But as I said, I´m positive no one front of stage will do him any harm :P

I just contacted Bonn-Tickets via the form you posted here Johanna, thanks![/quote]

Yeah bring Charlie Watts !

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 13:16 GMT 

bobbycat wrote:

I just contacted Bonn-Tickets via the form you posted here Johanna, thanks!

Yeah bring Charlie Watts ![/quote]

How did you know? :D ......no, sorry, Charlie will be here not before september, the guy I´m talking about is an actor not a musician 8)

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 13:20 GMT 

edit

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 13:45 GMT 

The VIP area at KUNST!rasen is a very special program with catering etc., I read on their homepage. Don't know if they even provide it for every concert! The tickets cost considerably more, about 150 Euros, and you'll have to sit in the last row of the tribune (which might even be a bit too high?). When I ordered my ticket (it was on first day in the morning), there were no VIP tickets available, so I guess they don't have a VIP program this time. Maybe Bob's management didn't agree, or something like this...

When I was in Saarbrücken 2009, I saw BAP singer Wolfgang Niedecken in the seated audience. When he showed up at his seat, he got small ovations from all over the audience below, I almost thought that Bob had sneaked through a door. I later read he presented a new guitar to Bob after the show, that was made in Germany.

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 13:57 GMT 

innercities wrote:
The VIP area at KUNST!rasen is a very special program with catering etc., I read on their homepage. Don't know if they even provide it for every concert! The tickets cost considerably more, about 150 Euros, and you'll have to sit in the last row of the tribune (which might even be a bit too high?). When I ordered my ticket (it was on first day in the morning), there were no VIP tickets available, so I guess they don't have a VIP program this time. Maybe Bob's management didn't agree, or something like this...

When I was in Saarbrücken 2009, I saw BAP singer Wolfgang Niedecken in the seated audience. When he showed up at his seat, he got small ovations from all over the audience below, I almost thought that Bob had sneaked through a door. I later read he presented a new guitar to Bob after the show, that was made in Germany.

If someone comes along with a beer for me at the rails every now and then it would be enough to consider myself a VIP. I can do without strawberries as long as the concert lasts.

Who the the hell is this Wolfgang Niedecken you did mention? What is BAP?

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 14:02 GMT 

rwasser wrote:
innercities wrote:

If someone comes along with a beer for me at the rails every now and then it would be enough to consider myself a VIP. I can do without strawberries as long as the concert lasts.

Who the the hell is this Wolfgang Niedecken you did mention? What is BAP?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 14:25 GMT 

Haha. By the way, stewart69, I think I recognize your avatar. We talked after the Luxembourg concert. You recommended the Expecting Rain board! :)

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 14:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

If it was a soccer player, I might get excited (depending on who it is).

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 14:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

This is what the Bonn tickets look like (not my photo) - I think / hope the FOS print is visible enough.
http://twitpic.com/953dr4

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 17:46 GMT 

innercities wrote:
Haha. By the way, stewart69, I think I recognize your avatar. We talked after the Luxembourg concert. You recommended the Expecting Rain board! :)

I remember, so we see us in Bonn?

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 18:02 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
This is what the Bonn tickets look like (not my photo) - I think / hope the FOS print is visible enough.

Jesus Christ, JP, you're not REALLY worried that you can't get into the FOS area because security can't read?

PostPosted: Tue April 3rd, 2012, 18:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:

Jesus Christ, JP, you're not REALLY worried that you can't get into the FOS area because security can't read?

Read up, rwasser voiced the worry first. I actually meant this as reassuring.

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 17:38 GMT 

stewart69 wrote:
innercities wrote:

I remember, so we see us in Bonn?

Yeah, hope so! Got my ticket in the mail today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next