Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue September 2nd, 2014, 18:52 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 18:21 GMT 

Barefoot i would love to see him 3 days in a road, but i cant afford it, i have no job at the moment, i have to ask the money from my parents, and my girlfriend is going with me and she can't expend more money to..

But seeing him once is more than i need to be extremely happy.. of course i would see him 10 times in a row if i could..

thanks for the comments you all! i know is gonna be great! i will give my review back from the show.. but im affraid that you'll have to forgive me if i cant say anything else than "it was just perfect" lol..

raging glory where you from? how old are you? you'll get to see him!

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 18:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

Hey Miguel!

I have just turned forty-nine and am quite ashamed that I never caught on to Dylan at a young age. I missed so many opportunities. In fact, I noticed just yesterday, that Bob played my hometown in the nineties and in the year 2000. I only started listening to him in August. Even more odd, I had a ticket to see the double bill of Bob and Willie Nelson in, I think 2006 because of Willie, but the show was cancelled when a hurricane came through town.

Anyhow, lucky and wise you are, to have caught on so young! Enjoy your show!!!

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 18:40 GMT 
Mercury Member

Hey Miguel, you have a wonderful time..... both you and your girlfriend are in for a great time..... That first moment when he comes out you do get that ....OMG!!!! It's him!!!! :shock: ....and if you don't manage to quite get focused and listen to the music, don't worry about it.... somebody will have a bootleg..... Enjoy!!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 22:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

Miguel, do you know Bob's song, "Trust Yourself"? You should always keep that in mind when reading comments on this site. Many people will try to mislead you and convince you that Bob's concerts aren't any good any more. Go with an open mind, don't expect the impossible, and decide for yourself whether you like it or not.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 22:56 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Miguel, do you know Bob's song, "Trust Yourself"? You should always keep that in mind when reading comments on this site. Many people will try to mislead you and convince you that Bob's concerts aren't any good any more. Go with an open mind, don't expect the impossible, and decide for yourself whether you like it or not.

Good point. You'd never forgive yourself if you had a chance to go and missed it. You will feel the magic in everyone there. The air at his shows bristles with electricity - you could power a small city with it!

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:17 GMT 

lot's of good wishes for you here, it's nice, and i hope you have a great time too

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:34 GMT 
Mercury Member

Dont forget - once you have seen him in person, you can then go searching in dark corners of the internet and relive the experience via illegal recordings of the show, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

ModBob - servicing the autistic community since 1988.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

Yup, you couldn't claim that of young Bob, replaying his shows was def out of question. Thank goodness they invited the tape machine in time for the NET. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:41 GMT 
Titanium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:

Johanna Parker wrote:
Yup, you couldn't claim that of young Bob, replaying his shows was def out of question. Thank goodness they invited the tape machine in time for the NET. :lol:

:?

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:52 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:

Do you think you can at least admit that you'd like a Bob Dylan show these days even if it was really bad. Like say there was some machine (tape recorder) that could prove a show was garbage, would you still....ah nevermind I know the answer.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

@ raging_glory: I was responding to the omnipresent Bennyboy, who apparently suggested only ModBob recordings could be replayed.... he changed his post after I posted, but it's still valid. I have no idea what his issue is, pretending only he knows best what is worthy of attention and admiration. It's well known that I don't agree.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012, 23:59 GMT 
Promethium Member

Tim Finnegan wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:

Do you think you can at least admit that you'd like a Bob Dylan show these days even if it was really bad. Like say there was some machine (tape recorder) that could prove a show was garbage, would you still....ah nevermind I know the answer.

The real good thing about my heart, mind and ears is that they are neither soulless devices, nor do they hate those who are challenged to overcome their own literal and spiritual deafness.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 00:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
@ raging_glory: I was responding to the omnipresent Bennyboy, who apparently suggested only ModBob recordings could be replayed.... he changed his post after I posted, but it's still valid. I have no idea what his issue is, pretending only he knows best what is worthy of attention and admiration. It's well known that I don't agree.

Actually, that was not why I quoted the two posts.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 00:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

Why was it then?

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 00:22 GMT 

Oh man, I remember my first Dylan concert. It was in Munich in 2009. Back then I was very new to Dylan's music and did not know anything about his concerts or the setlists. Hell, I did not even know of all of his songs at that time. Anyway, at some point Dylan started playing "One More Cup of Coffee" and everyone around me got all excited and I did not know why. To be honest, I was more interested in hearing anything from Blood On The Tracks (which did not happen that night). Be that as it may, when I got home I found out that "One More Cup" is not really a staple in his concerts. It is rare as hell :lol:

@ Miguel and all the other Dylan concert novices, have a great time at your first Dylan show! :)

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 00:25 GMT 
Promethium Member

:lol: yes, I was at the Munich '09 show :P it was too cool, because I'd been shown the setlist before and I knew it was coming. It was still totally awesome.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 01:01 GMT 

Bennyboy wrote:
Dont forget - once you have seen him in person, you can then go searching in dark corners of the internet and relive the experience via illegal recordings of the show, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

or write our stuff here, eye benny, over and over and over :)

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 01:43 GMT 

ifitwastruetennessee wrote:
Bennyboy wrote:

or write our stuff here, eye benny, over and over and over :)

aye, or maybe arrrgh or arrrrg... pirates, feel free to break in

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 05:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

Miguel wrote:
Barefoot i would love to see him 3 days in a road, but i cant afford it, i have no job at the moment, i have to ask the money from my parents, and my girlfriend is going with me and she can't expend more money to..

I understand. Here's wishing you and your friend a fabulous time. Best to clear your mind of any expectations, if you can, and just be there.

By the looks of this thread it appears that you've got lots of ER supporters excited for you. We are so glad for you, and for the fact that you are able to make this happen! Please be sure to post here with your thoughts afterwards. We'd LOVE to hear your impressions.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 06:59 GMT 

I'm jealous! I'm starting to jones for some shows.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 07:18 GMT 
Mercury Member

Sphere wrote:
I'm jealous! I'm starting to jones for some shows.

Mister jones?

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 08:19 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
I was responding to the omnipresent Bennyboy

That's rich, coming from one with just under 9000 posts- almost 20 a day- in 15 months. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 08:25 GMT 
Promethium Member

At least I don't claim to have been around before I was born....

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 08:29 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
At least I don't claim to have been around before I was born....

And what's that supposed to mean- without you repeating what you just wrote, and slithering off the hook?

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2012, 08:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

It means I'm wondering just how many 1966 concerts you, Ben, chrome horse, etc saw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next