Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri July 25th, 2014, 17:32 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat December 4th, 2004, 17:23 GMT 
Where is Bob's guitar?
When was the last time he played it on stage? I last saw him play it in 2002.
Does he play keyboards so he can easily read a lyric sheet?
Does he have a physical problem with his hands? In the mid-70s, Paul Simon was developing calcium deposits in his knuckles and it was extremely painful for him to play the guitar. At one point, he began taking piano lessons in fear he would never again play guitar (This is according to an interview in Rolling Stone).
Will "60 Minutes" ask him tomorrow night?
Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun December 5th, 2004, 11:59 GMT 
The last time he played guitar, I think, was the 2003 European fall tour. I saw him play 3 songs in Budapest (To Ramona, Things have changed and H61) and in Graz (Don't think twice, Watching the river flow, Cold irons bound), all on Stratocaster. Let him play keyboards! We should be happy that he's willing to play for us almost every night. Sure, I would be in heaven if I saw him on a solo acoustic concert, but I really don't know what are the chances for that. Can you imagine that??? LT and TOOM stuff on his acoustic guitar only? Well, maybe. Who knows...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed December 8th, 2004, 04:16 GMT 

Man on the street wrote:
Sure, I would be in heaven if I saw him on a solo acoustic concert, but I really don't know what are the chances for that. Can you imagine that??? LT and TOOM stuff on his acoustic guitar only? Well, maybe. Who knows...

I agree. That would be like a dream for me. Hell, my parents were just kids when Dylan last played a whole show solo acoustic. I'd absolutely LOVE to see this. Even if he can't play it himself. Have Larry Campbell play guitar and just have Bob sing. Or even Larry and Bob both play acoustic guitars so that if Bob's hands do hurt he can let up and let Larry play. Also Larry Campbell could sing some harmonies. What a great show that would be! However I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 9th, 2004, 15:28 GMT 

Bob played guitar on the last US tour. But only for two songs. An instrumental Summer Days in the first concert, apparently because of a problem with his keyboard. And for an instrumental bluesjam in the following concert.

Post subject: missing
PostPosted: Sat December 11th, 2004, 02:38 GMT 
after all these years of pickin
must be like losing a limb :shock: