Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat November 22nd, 2014, 14:09 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon January 23rd, 2012, 14:07 GMT 

Here's a colossal project that TTRH fans who have Spotify will like. A Maarten wrote to me:
Quote:
Hi, I'm assembling a "complete" TTRH Spotify playlist with all (?) 1682 tracks listed in the Picasso TTRH forum. The Spotify coverage will be ~80-85% once I've finished checking the ones that are not present on Spotify for typo's etc. Maybe you'd be interested to have a look and/or comment:

http://open.spotify.com/user/1113320603 ... IDIkalRfpb

There are already a few TTRH lists on spotify, but these have less coverage and are not categorized in episodes.

Best wishes, Maarten

As Maarten notes, not comprehensive, but still an impressive undertaking.

PostPosted: Mon January 23rd, 2012, 14:55 GMT 
Site Owner

Maybe Wimp users should do likewise. (Norway, Denmark and Sweden)

PostPosted: Tue January 24th, 2012, 23:23 GMT 

Might have seemed colossal but the main part was scripted. In any case, the playlist is great, especially using the shuffle function of Spotify playlists.

Currently it has over 85% coverage (1424/1683 tracks). 70 hous of music.

As always there are a few issues.

1. The track selected by Spotify is nor always the correct one. Often this can be remedied by changing the title (Blow Wind Blow - Single Version instead of Blow Wind Blow) or artist (Bruce Springsteen instead of Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band). Question is how stable this is over time. Sometimes this is not possible, for example with Let the Four Winds Blow by Fats Domino, a live version is selected instead of the original version.

2. Sometimes the Spotify spelling is wrong so I can choose between the right track with the wrong spelling or no track at all.

3. Subtle variations in song title or artist are a pain (dreamin' vs. dreaming, Mac vs Mc).

On the positive site, I was able to identify one unknown artist using Shazam (The eyes of Texas are upon you by Milton Brown and His Musical Brownies) unfortunately not (yet) on Spotify. O yes, and another one: When you wish upon a Star is by Glenn Miller. Present on Spotify. Oh and another one: Fever in the episode Heat is Fever/Comin' Home Baby by the Ernie Freeman Combo. Also present on Spotify.

Happy to get to 100 (99 1/2 won't do).

Ko.

PostPosted: Thu January 26th, 2012, 22:30 GMT 

One small addition to Picasso's 58 Smoking playlist: after Smoke gets in your eyes we hear

Smokin' by Howard Roberts

in the background.

(and it's in Spotify)