Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 11:31 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 91  Next
PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 12:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
shosha wrote:
or they both will appear at rather "exclusive" parties (like on january 3, but does Bob really do such events?)

He sure has in the past. At least four private shows are known, there are probably more.

You can buy him.
http://www.bookingentertainment.com/art ... -dylan.php

PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 13:04 GMT 

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
shosha wrote:
or they both will appear at rather "exclusive" parties (like on january 3, but does Bob really do such events?)

He sure has in the past. At least four private shows are known, there are probably more.

Johanna Parker wrote:

i´ll immediately forward this link to my boss for the next "corporate event" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 13:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun December 18th, 2011, 03:28 GMT 

songanddanceman wrote:
I'm in a very strange mood tonight, my brother talked me into betting on the football. We have bet £200 each that Basel vs Man Utd ends in a draw. I don't know why I did it.
It was in Bangladesh I accidentally ate rat.

:shock: But someone here a little while ago (months) was saying or hinting, that they were going to be sending him to South Africa, but maybe that was one of these threads, too.

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 02:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

Belle Laugh wrote:
songanddanceman wrote:
I'm in a very strange mood tonight, my brother talked me into betting on the football. We have bet £200 each that Basel vs Man Utd ends in a draw. I don't know why I did it.
It was in Bangladesh I accidentally ate rat.

:shock: But someone here a little while ago (months) was saying or hinting, that they were going to be sending him to South Africa, but maybe that was one of these threads, too.

Three things:
1. I would like to know how songanddanceman accidentally ate rat whilst in Bangladesh.
2. I don't think that South Africa is the cards for 2012
3. Another ball park inquiry verified through a completely different and unrelated source.

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 05:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

I noticed Tom's only doing a few (if you can call them a few) shows Stateside.

Does not look like Bob & Tom are in the cards for 2012 :)

It's still early anyway, but it would be nice to know something about his plans for 2012 with all the exciting tour news from other artists :)

Don't want to buy tickets and get ready just to find out a HUGE tour announcement from Bob :)

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 06:15 GMT 

tickets go on sale now for april for other artists.. why cant bob just let us know where theyre goin for cryin out loud~ doesnt he know we have planes to catch..holidays to book..money to save? :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 06:28 GMT 

queen of love wrote:
tickets go on sale now for april for other artists.. why cant bob just let us know where theyre goin for cryin out loud~ doesnt he know we have planes to catch..holidays to book..money to save? :lol: 8)

Because there willl be no tour till Autum 2012 or more likely Early 2013.

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 10:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
3. Another ball park inquiry verified through a completely different and unrelated source.

So they are planning the summer tour now. Any news about spring?

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 11:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:

So they are planning the summer tour now. Any news about spring?

Nada. More interested in danceman's rat story at this point.

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 23:15 GMT 

The Rat Story.
Aroundabout 20 years ago I was in the Royal Navy and the submarine I was on stopped over at Chittagong for a few days. First night there a load of us got togged up and went into town to see what's about. Half a dozen hours later, we staggered off drunkenly back to hotel (British submarine crews are put in hotels when shoreside - too long to explain why) and passed by roadside fastfood stalls. Do I need to say anymore? Anyway, next morning, a visit from local consulate staff, explaining what areas not to attend/visit, how not to offend the locals etc and the last thing he told us, was under absolutely no circumstance consider buying and eating the chicken from the stand on blahblah street, next to our hotel, because with 100% certainty, it isn't chicken but rat. I laughed, but a couple of others were none too happy.

PostPosted: Tue December 20th, 2011, 00:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

songanddanceman wrote:
The Rat Story.
Aroundabout 20 years ago I was in the Royal Navy and the submarine I was on stopped over at Chittagong for a few days. First night there a load of us got togged up and went into town to see what's about. Half a dozen hours later, we staggered off drunkenly back to hotel (British submarine crews are put in hotels when shoreside - too long to explain why) and passed by roadside fastfood stalls. Do I need to say anymore? Anyway, next morning, a visit from local consulate staff, explaining what areas not to attend/visit, how not to offend the locals etc and the last thing he told us, was under absolutely no circumstance consider buying and eating the chicken from the stand on blahblah street, next to our hotel, because with 100% certainty, it isn't chicken but rat. I laughed, but a couple of others were none too happy.

Thanks for that danceman. I wonder if that was true 5 years previous to that when I was in Chittagong. I know (or thought) I ate chicken (rat) biriani there. I was a broke traveller at the time on my way to Cox's Bazaar which is way south of there. I had a great rooftop 'palace' in C-gong for a couple nights on my way through. I took a train from Dacca and bussed it south to C-Bazaar from there. The only reason I went to Desh (I swear) is because of George's concert for Bangladesh album. The taka went far. I spent the equivalent to USD$30 during my 3 or 4 weeks there and lived and ate very well (or so I thought) the entire time.

PostPosted: Tue December 20th, 2011, 18:10 GMT 
Titanium Member

Barefoot -
thanks so much for the ballpark rumors!

would you mind saying if not the State where these parks are, how about the regional areas, is that okay? Like West, Plains Mid-West, North-East? It would mean alot to know, I think those ball park shows are great! so sad about Bee Spears, in Willie's band, it'd be good to see Willie too again! He and his crew are the Real Deal!!!

Thanks for batting a NET Relief home-run for us Barefoot!

PostPosted: Tue December 20th, 2011, 21:55 GMT 

Location: By the waterfront docks, where the sailors all come in
songanddanceman wrote:
The Rat Story.

So....did it taste like chicken?

Man, you have my respect, not for the rat episode, but for serving on a sub. I would flip out the minute it left the pier.

At the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago they have a captured U-boat from WW II. It is one of the greatest exhibits I've ever seen. You can take a virtual tour here: http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/u-505/ if you are so inclined.

Sorry to get off topic. Which is what, now? Bob in 2012, rats or submarines?

PostPosted: Wed December 21st, 2011, 00:00 GMT 

I've heard a couple rumors about Bob playing Bonnaroo this summer. Which, would be a great excuse for me to hit up a major festival.

PostPosted: Wed December 21st, 2011, 00:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

bobschool wrote:
Barefoot -
thanks so much for the ballpark rumors!

would you mind saying if not the State where these parks are, how about the regional areas, is that okay? Like West, Plains Mid-West, North-East? It would mean alot to know, I think those ball park shows are great! so sad about Bee Spears, in Willie's band, it'd be good to see Willie too again! He and his crew are the Real Deal!!!

Thanks for batting a NET Relief home-run for us Barefoot!

Schoolie! I was wonderin' if you were still around. Glad to see you back, as i usually appreciate your views.

Sad about Bee,yes. Glad to have seen him so many times opening for Dylan. The best thing about Willie, besides his holey guitar, is that his fans cleared out of the way when he was done. That insured me railtime at most of those shows.

Let's not call homers until the announcements hit. These are inquiries only in both cases. Can't get more than that right yet. The cool thing about it is there is action of some sort. Some doom and gloomer rumor mongers spoke of the last Forever Young being it. Ahem...bullshit!

PostPosted: Thu December 22nd, 2011, 00:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

Quote:
Sweet Melinda
 Post subject: I could really go for a Bob tour right about now.Posted: Wed December 21st, 2011, 13:38 GMT 

Agreed

PostPosted: Thu December 22nd, 2011, 03:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

Barefoot! Thanks, means alot! yea i'm always 'round and save me a spot at the rail! I sure am glad someone has some Real Dealness to keep us sane, you keep us on the DL Mr.Foot! I think that Forever Young just gobsmacked people so much that they got Bob-Stunned. Rock On Bob - we got your back!

PostPosted: Mon December 26th, 2011, 07:38 GMT 

Nosferatu wrote:
queen of love wrote:

*gasp!!* say it isnt so!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon December 26th, 2011, 13:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

queen of love wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:

*gasp!!* say it isnt so!!! :shock:

Don't believe the hype. Have faith. It's early still.

PostPosted: Mon December 26th, 2011, 13:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

Yea, don't believe Nostradamus...

PostPosted: Tue December 27th, 2011, 21:40 GMT 

what about the recent rumour of this show in the uruguay hotel on january 3, has anybody heard anything about that? (unfortunately, i haven´t)

every day when i look at the main page i wish so hard that the new tour dates are announced. and hey, people now having xmas money to spend... why not this week? it would be such a wonderful thing!

PostPosted: Wed December 28th, 2011, 01:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

shosha wrote:
what about the recent rumour of this show in the uruguay hotel on january 3, has anybody heard anything about that? (unfortunately, i haven´t)

Not sure what you are conveying here. Is it touted as a surprise show?

PostPosted: Wed December 28th, 2011, 08:22 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
shosha wrote:

Not sure what you are conveying here. Is it touted as a surprise show?

this article...
Johanna Parker wrote:
Can anybody make out when this is supposed to happen? In January??
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... =&ie=UTF-8

PostPosted: Wed December 28th, 2011, 10:56 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oh yeah, somehow I had dismissed that early on. I hope it happens though.
Looks like a ritzy little venue. I probably won't make this one. Do any of our Uruguayan ER friends have any other data on this? Looks to be a private party if viable. I am requesting this boot in advance.
http://conradhotels3.hilton.com:80/reso ... Center.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 91  Next